Man shot outside stadium has died

Status
Not open for further replies.

SilverStarCowboy

The Actualist
Reaction score
It bothers me how there is absolutely no restriction on the amount of beer you can bring into the parking lot, or the amount of beer you can buy inside the stadium.

There are several people so messed up they can barely walk, and nothing is done. After the games, it's a hugely toxic situation with almost no police presence other than to direct traffic.

Of course, if you just go to your car and leave, you'll have no issue.

Jerry ain't giving up his Miller Lite money though.

BEER? Just beer doesn't kill anybody, mix it with other things like liquor and pills, guns, mental problems...or worst of all STUPIDITY.

Macnalty

Reaction score
Senseless when a handgun is one of your defense options combined with alcohol at a cowboy game.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Between this and the random jogger hacked to death with a machete by that ex A&M WR who said he was angry about his life....and it really puts me in a sour mood.
Good grief.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
uhhh the beer didn't have anything to do with it Why you taking a gun to a football game?

The gun wasn't at the football game, it was in the parking lot, but you are right... the beer didn't have anything to do with it. But let's also be clear, the gun didn't pull it's own trigger. Let's put the blame where it belongs... with the shooter.

cowboyuptx

Reaction score
It bothers me how there is absolutely no restriction on the amount of beer you can bring into the parking lot, or the amount of beer you can buy inside the stadium.

There are several people so messed up they can barely walk, and nothing is done. After the games, it's a hugely toxic situation with almost no police presence other than to direct traffic.

That's the price we pay for living in a FREE country. Restrict how much of something somebody can carry in their own vehicle? How are you gonna do that without trampling all over peoples basic right to privacy? We shouldn't all be made to suffer because of the irresponsible actions of a few...

But it's a tragedy for sure... God bless the victim and his family...

Junglist

Reaction score
Junglist Sorry bro didn't mean to offend living here in California we always get the impression that Texas will put people on Death Row in a heart beat my apologize Thanks for the info though

No offense taken at all. We do put a ton of people to death, but not everyone. California is much more liberal than Texas. Hope you're having a good day.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score

tumblr_l4n7o2AwNf1qa64bjo1_540.jpg

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
So it's Jerry's fault? Hmmmm? I think there's something to be said about personal responsibility here as well. Not that it's a solution to do nothing about the incident but blaming the alcohol, the server, the bar tender, the gun or gun dealer or manufacturer, the car or car manufacture who built the care go 170mph...etc. It goes on and on and more regulation.
Yes put new lighting up around the lot. stop having night games. patrol the area more. Empty all lots after the game (no post game parties) but lets not go nuts at the world for one tragic moment. On the other hand, I'm all for a fair trial and quick but painful capital punishment.

they have trials like that in China ;)

erod

Reaction score
There's always a few bad apples. The vast majority people are perfectly fine drinking in the lots. Our tailgate has between 10-15 bottles of liquor, and we've never had a problem. As far as in the stadium, you can only buy two beers at a time. How could they possibly keep track of how much alcohol THOUSANDS of people drink?

I'll never understand the fascination of getting all buzzed up at 2 pm at a football game.

Smashin222

Reaction score
Corrected for a little more accuracy.

Notwithstanding the political dimension of what you're saying, are you unwilling to admit that a gun lowers the threshold of making a life/death decision by making it easier to effectuate? Not to mention that if there were a bystander who wanted to stop the attack, a gun makes it increasingly less probable that they can or would intervene vs. a weapon like a knife, blunt instrument or otherwise.

I know you really want to protect your gun, but being reasonable in these discussions is important. Removing the unique elements that firearms provide in these conflicts is inaccurate and dangerous.

Clarkson

Wonderboyromo
Reaction score
uhhh the beer didn't have anything to do with it Why you taking a gun to a football game?

DON'T YOU DARE TELL ME I CAN'T BRING MY GUN TO A FOOTBALL GAME!!!!! FREEDOM!!!!!!!
GUNZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.