Man we've come a long way

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Payton knows who Jerrah is, I doubt he would've stayed. Jerrah ran off 3 Super Bowl champion coaches in Landry, Johnson and Parcells. Why would Payton want to deal with someone like that?
that's a great point. Jerry Meddling is a big issue in Dallas and not many coaches are willing to work with him and many have not had success. Thus, although I blame Garrett in some areas, I don't put everything on him. with dallas Jerry is big part of the equation. any great coach coming here, will have a 3 year window before they had had enough and we would have to win it in that 3 year window and then go through a cycle of new coach again. Parcells barely lasted 4 and was counting down days to him leaving. Jerry is the new Al Davis.

Batman1980

Reaction score
You mean 2 big ego men with abrasive personalities clashed while they were with the Cowboys? You don't say.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
Up front...that's a crap load. Bill was a worn out, man, not looking to be on the sidelines with tons of prep, off.
This thread got derailed quickly. All Jerry’s fault. :rolleyes:

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
Up front...that's a crap load. Bill was a worn out, man, not looking to be on the sidelines with tons of prep, off.

That too, but you can tell in the clip that he is probably about to voice some not so kind opinions about he and Jerry's situation.

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
He certainly seemed to like Ware, Romo and Witten. Those men certainly made the years since 2003 a lot easier to handle.

I remember when ESPN basicly called the cowboys whole team soft. And ware got put on blast for being one of the quietest and softest on the team.

Proof

Reaction score
Payton knows who Jerrah is, I doubt he would've stayed. Jerrah ran off 3 Super Bowl champion coaches in Landry, Johnson and Parcells. Why would Payton want to deal with someone like that?

He’d already dealt with jerry and took the assistant hc gig so don’t see why not

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
The tuna gave the best press conferences. I love those and then the stares ge could give, I LOVE THOSE LOOKS. LOL You could see guys not wanting to get close to him. My high school coach was the same as him.

mmohican29

Reaction score
Not by Parcells.

Agreed.

All he did was enable TO to become even more TO-ish. He didn't want him here and acted childish when Owens playfully reached out to him. Then TO went full TO and the attempted suicide, TC hijinx nonsense to garner more attention and push Parcells buttons.

Parcells is a bigger baby than Owens IMO for letting it get to him.

waving monkey

Reaction score
First off Landry's time had come.
Secondly Johnson wanted to live in Florida and stated so many times.
Parcells maybe so but Parcell was suffer issues himself.

waving monkey

Reaction score
that's a great point. Jerry Meddling is a big issue in Dallas and not many coaches are willing to work with him and many have not had success. Thus, although I blame Garrett in some areas, I don't put everything on him. with dallas Jerry is big part of the equation. any great coach coming here, will have a 3 year window before they had had enough and we would have to win it in that 3 year window and then go through a cycle of new coach again. Parcells barely lasted 4 and was counting down days to him leaving. Jerry is the new Al Davis.
Jerry let players come to him and talk and fans go ape over that.

JustChip

Reaction score
At first I was on board with the Parcells hiring. Then 2 things I didn't count on happened.

1. It became obvious he wasn't the same Parcells he was in NY.

2. He was only hired to help Jerry sell the new stadium.

After those, I was done.
I think he was the same Parcells. Look at what he did with a talent team his first year. What just about everyone here fails to recognize or grasp is circumstances matter. It’s why hiring a formerly successful, big name coach does not guarantee success.

Look at Shanahan in Denver. Wins 2 Super Bowls and then has minimal results in Washington. I suspect you’ll see the same from Chucky in Oakland. Doesn’t mean they’re not good coaches, just that the ingredients don’t work the same.