Man we've come a long way

erod

Reaction score
So then that's ok to alienate a player instead of trying to get the best out of them? Even when everything says you're not going to. You think it's ok to just give up from the start and develop players?

TO was run out of three cities. He was arguably the best player on all three teams. That's all you need to know about that malignant malcontent.

Parcells is greatness.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I've never found [read] one coach who worked for Jerry make that claim.Its an old charge thrown about as gospel with little merit.
of course they won't. except Johnson. but its obvious that he did. like TO with parcells, despite parcells not wanting TO, jerry did it. Parcells never referred to him by name and avoided TO best he could.

Jerry walked all over Campo when he totally took control of almost everything and even referred to himself as the coach......

waving monkey

Reaction score
of course they won't. except Johnson. but its obvious that he did. like TO with parcells, despite parcells not wanting TO, jerry did it. Parcells never referred to him by name and avoided TO best he could.

Jerry walked all over Campo when he totally took control of almost everything and even referred to himself as the coach......
The TO thing was stupid yes

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
I hate to distract from the Terrell Owens pity party, but I suggest every Dallas Cowboys fan watch this documentary.

It truly shows you what the real problem has been for a very long time.

I have to admit, when I was younger and dumber, I hated Dave Campo.

But he was a stooge company man. Jerry Jones was so gutless that when he fired the guy, he made him make a speech. And Campo was still a company man.

I did not know the man personally. I just knew he was ill-equipped to run a football team.

When he was hired, I knew we had gone full bozo.

Yes, Parcells had his challenges. I know there are still a bunch of people that are bitter at him personally because he did not deliver. I have had some of those same feelings. But if you have a functional brain, you look at that era positively, not negatively.

But I can tell you this, he turned the rudder and that was something Jerry Jones could never have done himself.

Had he not been hired, I cannot tell you what would have happened.

Verdict

Reaction score
I'm not too sure about that.

He took a team quarterbacked by Quincy Carter to the playoffs.

That all by itself should be considered a modern miracle.

Yes because QuINTSy Carter was an idiot. How he got drafted is beyond me

Alexander

Reaction score
Yes because QuINTSy Carter was an idiot. How he got drafted is beyond me
People really forget about how much Jerry Jones wanted him. It was not just some simple wasted draft pick and misplaced faith.

This was a handcrafted choice from the man himself. Jones did some draft trade work for that player.

Verdict

Reaction score
People really forget about how much Jerry Jones wanted him. It was not just some simple wasted draft pick and misplaced faith.

This was a handcrafted choice from the man himself. Jones did some draft trade work for that player.

I remember being somewhat shocked we drafted him because he was the exact opposite of what Troy Aikman.

chagus

Reaction score
Payton knows who Jerrah is, I doubt he would've stayed. Jerrah ran off 3 Super Bowl champion coaches in Landry, Johnson and Parcells. Why would Payton want to deal with someone like that?
Dang... this is a VERY GOOD point.

Alexander

Reaction score
I remember being somewhat shocked we drafted him because he was the exact opposite of what Troy Aikman.
Donovan McNabb was the prototype then. Jones thought he had outwitted everyone and identified the clone.

Jones had a habit of doing that. If the player kinda sorta looked like this guy from the glory years, they got picked.

There was no scouting process. There was no independent voice that described what a good football player looked like.

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
I hate to distract from the Terrell Owens pity party, but I suggest every Dallas Cowboys fan watch this documentary.

It truly shows you what the real problem has been for a very long time.

I have to admit, when I was younger and dumber, I hated Dave Campo.

But he was a stooge company man. Jerry Jones was so gutless that when he fired the guy, he made him make a speech. And Campo was still a company man.

I did not know the man personally. I just knew he was ill-equipped to run a football team.

When he was hired, I knew we had gone full bozo.

Yes, Parcells had his challenges. I know there are still a bunch of people that are bitter at him personally because he did not deliver. I have had some of those same feelings. But if you have a functional brain, you look at that era positively, not negatively.

But I can tell you this, he turned the rudder and that was something Jerry Jones could never have done himself.

Had he not been hired, I cannot tell you what would have happened.

That real problem was Jerry. I dont see how anyone could be bitter at bill after the campo circus. I didnt care if he didnt deliver bigtime. I was just happy to see a winning season.

It was like living in a dark cave for 3 years and finally coming out to see that crack of light shining through. It was a positive and fun era with parcels.

Had bill not been hired we may have continued in a downward spiral. I have to say I was proud that Jerry got along with an ego such as bill.

And I also understand why bill stepped down even after being labeled a quitter. The game takes alot out of a human. Bill wanted to live life and I have zero problem with that.

Alexander

Reaction score
That real problem was Jerry. I dont see how anyone could be bitter at bill after the campo circus. I didnt care if he didnt deliver bigtime. I was just happy to see a winning season.

It was like living in a dark cave for 3 years and finally coming out to see that crack of light shining through. It was a positive and fun era with parcels.

Had bill not been hired we may have continued in a downward spiral. I have to say I was proud that Jerry got along with an ego such as bill.

And I also understand why bill stepped down even after being labeled a quitter. The game takes alot out of a human. Bill wanted to live life and I have zero problem with that.
What is so bizarre is that the same people who are bitter at Coach Parcells are the same people who preach that we have to be patient with the "process" with Garrett.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Parcells was under appreciated by most.

The bigger issue to me is he probably saved Jerry from hitting rock bottom which could have brought more changes to how Jerry runs football operations possibly even forcing him to sell without support to build his stadium if 5-11 Funk continued.

Beyond all of that , Bill resurrected the team and set it up for being the contender we were after he left. Jerry ran him off early IMO and why it’s hard to ever get too excited anymore cause am always waiting for Jerry’s way to screw it up.

But we’ve had two builders in Jerry era. Jimmy and Bill. When we have another one we’ll build another contender.