Man we've come a long way

rags747

Reaction score
Parcells did have the best press conferences and out of those came some of the best sayings ever like "Japanese Plays" etc. Highly entertaining but he was near the end of his coaching career, he had just lost his brother and u could see the strain on him. He did go too conservative in the Seattle playoff game where we should have let Romo light them up. Who remembers the Parcells TO kiss on the sidelines? Who was our running back with the Dookie Stick move?

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
Parcells did have the best press conferences and out of those came some of the best sayings ever like "Japanese Plays" etc. Highly entertaining but he was near the end of his coaching career, he had just lost his brother and u could see the strain on him. He did go too conservative in the Seattle playoff game where we should have let Romo light them up. Who remembers the Parcells TO kiss on the sidelines? Who was our running back with the Dookie Stick move?

Parcels didn't fully trust Romo and didn't always agree with fully loosening the leash. Romo was reckless at times and tuna did certain things to save Romo from himself

"You are what you are"

And that's what he knew.

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
jerry allows players to bypass coaches and he meddles in coaches managing a team.

there is a chain of command, you can't have a player thinking, I am not happy so I go to jerry and he will meddle in. that is devisive and undermines your coach. H

Garrett was born to be 2nd fiddle and jerry knows it. Jerry keeps his boot on the neck of people like that.

T-RO

Reaction score
I never liked Parcells. Then I liked him even less when he always called, TO, "the player." I am not a huge TO fan and I get that TO was pushed on him but that's not how you treat people.

You have no clue on how to treat people when coaching a football team. No idea at all.

Bill played head games with EVERY.ONE.

And Bill is loved by former players all over the country for how he shaped their football careers...and their LIVES.

foofighters

Reaction score
Parcells knows a punk when he sees one.
So then that's ok to alienate a player instead of trying to get the best out of them? Even when everything says you're not going to. You think it's ok to just give up from the start and develop players?

foofighters

Reaction score
You have no clue on how to treat people when coaching a football team. No idea at all.

Bill played head games with EVERY.ONE.

And Bill is loved by former players all over the country for how he shaped their football careers...and their LIVES.
I would argue that you have no idea. Bill's way is long gone. Players do not respond to that kind of "motivation" anymore. Bill left football because he couldn't adapt to how players are today. I am not excusing TO for his behavior at all.

waving monkey

Reaction score
jerry allows players to bypass coaches and he meddles in coaches managing a team.

there is a chain of command, you can't have a player thinking, I am not happy so I go to jerry and he will meddle in. that is devisive and undermines your coach. H
I've never found [read] one coach who worked for Jerry make that claim.Its an old charge thrown about as gospel with little merit.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
At first I was on board with the Parcells hiring. Then 2 things I didn't count on happened.

1. It became obvious he wasn't the same Parcells he was in NY.

2. He was only hired to help Jerry sell the new stadium.

After those, I was done.

He took an absolute crap sandwich and turned it around. That team was garbage and he brought back respectability. If Jerry wasn't Jerry Bill would have been there in 2007 and then you would have seen something. Guy was a great coach at every stop.

rags747

Reaction score
I would argue that you have no idea. Bill's way is long gone. Players do not respond to that kind of "motivation" anymore. Bill left football because he couldn't adapt to how players are today. I am not excusing TO for his behavior at all.
Totally false. People even today require leaders to accomplish tasks that they could never accomplish on their own even if it means that leader beats on their butt all friggin day long.

pitt33

Reaction score
Parcells did have the best press conferences and out of those came some of the best sayings ever like "Japanese Plays" etc. Highly entertaining...
The absolute best pressers.

I could listen to him and Bobby Knight talk all day.

JustChip

Reaction score
I've never found [read] one coach who worked for Jerry make that claim.Its an old charge thrown about as gospel with little merit.
The coaches may not say it, but Neon Deion definitely boasted about it.

foofighters

Reaction score
Totally false. People even today require leaders to accomplish tasks that they could never accomplish on their own even if it means that leader beats on their butt all friggin day long.
Lol. I take you are in a leadership position right now with that statement? You must be great at execution, delegation, facilitation and follow up.

T-RO

Reaction score

Bill’s way worked insanely well when he coached.