Mandatory 25% tip

SaltwaterServr

Blank Paper Offends Me
Reaction score
AbeBeta;4198699 said:
And you can't seem to get it around your head that a model that allows you to pay a living wage ends up solving many of the problems you have with staffing, turnover, and inconsistency that increase your costs -- costs, which are similarly subsidized in the price of the meal. But hey, you keep pounding your chest over the great insights your middle management position provide.

Keep think, as an outsider, that you have any idea what you're talking about when it comes to costs in a restaurant, staff turnover, and random inconsistency. You don't. Quit pretending that you do. Nice try on the middle management insult though. Cute. It's not pounding my chest, it's simply my years of experience in the business pointing out the things that people don't see when they think they can revolutionize the business based on what they "think" they saw in another country.

Two or three screw-ups on a $10K-$12K night are insignificant. Multiplying the labor costs seven-fold for 25+ employees on that same night are a whole different ball of wax. It's really not that hard to figure out, unless you're hypothetically postulating you know how the business runs and have a first hand look at the numbers.

ROMOSAPIEN9

Proud Grandpa
Reaction score
Springs1;4198609 said:
Then WHY do I regularly go to Chili's and have servers AUTOMATICALLY have brought out the condiments ahead of time ALL ON THEIR OWN?

But it can NEVER, EVER be the kitchen staff's fault UNLESS the food is covered up to where the person bringing it out cannot tell whether it's the correct item or not or if it's made incorrectly due to it being covered up.

It should, here's why:

People tip based on their SERVICE not WHO in the service messed up. It's not the customer's fault you don't share your tip with your co-worker that SHOULD get paid for their service they provided by you taking part of your tip to pay them. The person is still having the problem in their service, how is that fair they pay well for ****ty service, huh? Just because another service caused it? Is that our fault as customers that you don't share your tips with the other servers? I think you should. Then, maybe, they'd compare the tickets to the food and not bring a duh mistake nearly as often as it happens. Once, I had several condiments forgotten at Applebee's from another server, do you think my server didn't put in any of them into the computer? I doubt that he put it in wrong completely, it was that this other server that wasn't getting tipped brought out my food without comparing the ticket to the food. Can't blame the expediter since they didn't bring me my food for those condiments.

At most restaurants, it's not food runners, it's other server's running each other's food not getting paid AT ALL for their service. Some restaurants do have food runners, but are paid by SALES a tip out, NOT based on performance. If you wanted to you could share your tip with the person that brings out the food, it's your choice, this way, they would have A REAL REASON to COMPARE THE TICKET TO THE FOOD to work as a team. For you to not pay them, they aren't going to put any effort into making sure the customer has what they ordered since they aren't getting ANYTHING from it.

Condiments that are served on the side though can be easily brought out by YOU, the server that is the person EARNING their tip. So for that, that's YOUR FAULT 100% REGARDLESS of WHO runs the food to the table. YOU ARE 100% responsible for things like sides of ranch, mayo, mustard, bbq sauce, tartar sauce, cocktail sauce, even extra pickles or onions that are asked on the side can be brought out ahead of time.

I am a WOMAN, NOT a cook.

HOW? Answer this question HONESTLY:

DOES THE COOK LEAVE THE KITCHEN AND SET THE FOOD ON MY TABLE AS FAR AS ANYTHING OBVIOUS THAT YOU DON'T HAVE TO *TOUCH* THE FOOD TO NOTICE SOMETHING IS WRONG, HUH?

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2116/2139108277_9c25d40526_z.jpg

You can easily notice cheese is on the mashed potatoes, correct?

You can easily notice if bbq sauce is on the ribs, right?

You can easily notice if that's mashed potatoes or a baked potato, right?

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3433/3257155428_bef5dd96d5.jpg

You can easily notice if I asked for no jalapenos, there's some on the nachos, right without having to TOUCH the food, right?

You can easily notice there's guacamole and sour cream as well as pico de gallo without TOUCHING ANYTHING, right?

Then HOW can you blame the cook or expeditor if they aren't the person that actually LEFT the kitchen with these DUH mistakes, huh? It's IMPOSSIBLE for these type of errors to be the kitchen staff's fault as to WHY you or another server actually BRINGS us the problem.

If you brought me the nachos with it like that and I specifically told you "No jalapenos", then that would be a MILLION, TRILLION PERCENT ON *YOU* and YOU ALONE for being NON-OBSERVANT OR TOO LAZY OR YOU MADE A MISTAKE OR WHATEVER, but it's NEVER the kitchen staff's fault for something OBVIOUS TO THE EYES LIKE THIS.

I am not a cook, I have common sense, you don't obviously and want to blame the kitchen staff for *YOU* or *ANOTHER SERVER* bringing out OBVIOUS errors like these that you don't have to TOUCH the food to notice the problems.

For example, if I were your server and you said you didn't want jalapenos, my job would be to compare my written order to the plate of food and I notice the jalapenos, so I tell the kitchen staff to make it all over since I am not chancing if someone is allergic to the jalapenos for them to take them off or even for them to have some pepper taste on their food that they asked not to get. I would be CARING and RESPONSIBLE to NOT ***SERVE****** that to a customer. WHY would you serve that only for me to send you back? That's silly and a waste of time for all.

It's the cooks fault for making the check incorrectly, and the expediters fault for traying the food without checking for accuracy. I'd blame the food runners, but they don't check the food, they simply bring it to the table. They get a pass. Btw. The Expediter? Yeah, That's a cook who happens to not be cooking that night.

HOW? You are saying servers are BLIND AND ILLITERATE RIGHT that they can't tell the differences between fries and mashed potatoes or that the mashed potatoes have gravy vs. mashed potatoes without gravy or that bacon that is NOT covered up by anything is crispy or soggy or that fries have black pepper on them that were ordered with no seasoning or that the bbq sauce is on the ribs when the customer said NO bbq sauce on the ribs, etc.?
HOW? If let's say you bring me the nachos with sour cream but I told you no sour cream, HOW THE HELL can you blame someone else for *YOU* BRINGING ME SOUR CREAM TO MY TABLE? It's IMPOSSIBLE FOR SOMEONE ELSE TO BE AT FAULT WHEN ********YOU*********** BROUGHT IT TO MY TABLE WITH this is something that you don't have to touch to notice it's wrong. This isn't a steak that you have to CUT INTO, this is SOUR CREAM RIGHT ON TOP. So you are saying you are BLIND and that you can't reread your written order?

As far as bartenders go, lots of times it's the server not putting the order into the computer as quickly as they possibly can in a fair manner of course such as I wouldn't expect you to put my order into the computer if you had food to bring to someone, but if you have time to buss a table, I sure as hell expect my order into the computer BEFORE worrying about clean up.

Also, my husband and I have had wrongly put in drinks into the computer and wrongly brought out OBVIOUS DUH drinks brought out such as once I ordered a white russian, the waitress brought out a frozen mudslide. Another time, I ordered a white russian at a different restaurant, the waitress brought out a BLACK russian in a CLEAR glass that I can tell DUH NO MILK, hence the name "WHITE" russian.

Unless the expediter runs the food to my table, if they plate the food wrong, it's on the person that ran the food unless it's another server when the order was put in wrong by the original server that took the order.

For example, let's say you put in my order completely correctly, but I get fries instead of a baked potato, that's not on the expediter since another server or food runner brought out my food, that's on the OTHER SERVER OR FOOD RUNNER that has a SET OF EYES THAT CAN *READ A TICKET AND COMPARE EACH ITEM TO THE TICKET TO NOTICE "Yeah, fries the ticket says, so I won't bring this to the customer like this since it's not correct and they would get it fixed." Now in this situation since you put in the order correctly, the wait time would be the expediter's fault, but if this food runner or other server brought out the wrong side dish anyways, that's the other server or food runner's fault for leaving the kitchen with the wrong side item. They just wasted my time bringing me fries when I ordered a baked potato. THAT time that they wasted BRINGING me the wrong item is SOLELY on that person that ran the food considering YOU put in the order correctly.

Ask yourself, WHY did I RECEIVE the problem? In this scenario above, it's because of the person that ran the food. The expediter didn't hand me a DUH mistake like DUHHHH FRIES AREN'T BAKED POTATOES, DUHHHHHHH!! WHY am I explaning DUH things like this to you? WHY are you trying to blame someone else when THEY NEVER ONCE, NEVER ONCE LEFT THE KITCHEN TO GIVE ME THE WRONG SIDE DISH, HUH? IT'S IMPOSSIBLE FOR THE KITCHEN STAFF TO BE AT FAULT FOR A WRONG SIDE DISH UNLESS A PERSON IN THE KITCHEN STAFF ACTUALLY BRINGS ME THE FOOD AND THE ORDER HAS TO BE PUT IN CORRECTLY IN ORDER FOR THE PERSON IN THE KITCHEN STAFF TO BE AT FAULT.

Busy or not, this isn't fast food. You earn your money. WHY do we have servers then if they don't care, WHY are we tipping then? We might as well go and get up to get our food, then leave any servers out of the picture then. There's no point to the server if they don't care about WHAT is in their hands as far as things that are OBVIOUS TO THE EYES.

90% of the time the food is wrong due to your server or another server.

1. Condiments or extra pickles or onions, etc. things of that nature can ALWAYS be brought out ahead of time. I just even recently had a waitress that VOLUNTARILY with me not knowing her decide to bring them out said "So I won't forget" ahead of time.

2. Anything that you can tell without touching the food can be caught by YOU to not actually *SERVE* it to the customer. Think, if I order beans and rice, but you bring me fries and onion rings, well DUH are you BLIND, ILLITERATE, AND/OR STUPID? I mean, think about it. YOU and YOU ALONE brought me those items. HOW can you blame the kitchen staff for that? YOU LEFT ONE ROOM, went into another with the wrong items. That's just like if you took a blue shirt from your bed room to the kitchen but wanted to leave with a red shirt. HOW is that ANY DIFFERENT? It's not. If you didn't take my order, if the order was put in correctly, that's on you and if it's condiments, it's honestly on BOTH of you, the original server that could have easily prevented that issue AND YOU could have too by comparing the ticket to the food if you didn't do so. If you did and just missed it, yes, it's a mistake, but it's still on YOU as well as the original server. It's not on the expediter, because they didn't leave the kitchen without my ranch, mayo, and mustard, YOU DID THOUGH.

So WHAT? You are LYING to the public. It's just like when your mail man or lady puts the wrong mail in your mail box, it's THEIR FAULT, NOT a machine that sorted the mail or a person that sorted it at the post office, it's the person that *LAST* saw the issue, which since this isn't a steak that you have to TOUCH to notice the problem, it's a side dish that isn't covered up by anything or any type of mistake you don't have to touch to notice the problem, it's IMPOSSIBLE to blame ANY kitchen staff member since they NEVER ONCE was the last person to see my plate that could have NOTICED it was wrong.

You control condiments. You control bringing me mashed potatoes with gravy when I ordered it without gravy or beans instead of fries if you are my server. You are saying things that you can control that you can't, but honestly you CAN control these issue from GETTING BROUGHT TO MY TABLE IF YOU ARE MY SERVER THAT TOOK MY ORDER OR IF YOU ARE ANOTHER SERVER OR FOOD RUNNER THAT THE ORDER WAS PUT IN CORRECTLY.

As a customer with getting DUH mistakes, I sure as hell do.

WHY can't you admit the truth, huh? In the picture with the ribs, if I ordered a burger, you can notice if you want to decide to bring that plate of food to me or not. It's totally up to you for these DUH mistakes.

WHY do you act like you cannot control most things when you CAN? WHY blame the person that plates the food for things you can notice without TOUCHING ANYTHING?

For example, at Denny's I saw on THE TRAY I had onion rings when I ordered seasoned fries. ON THE TRAY that OUR WAITRESS had it wrong, well DUHH if I can notice without touching my food, so could have our waitress. That's the waitresses fault even if she put in the order correctly she was TOO LAZY more than likely to actually compare the WRITTEN ORDER to the food and make sure I had seasoned fries not onion rings. SHE BROUGHT THE PROBLEM TO MY TABLE since this was a DUH mistake. This was HER FAULT she brought out the completely wrong side item.

WHY can't you understand that SHE delayed my side dish that I ordered from getting to me by wasting my time bringing me the wrong item that was obvious to the eyes, huh?

I think it's bad when I saw the problem when she had the tray on the tray jack, YOU DON'T? I think that is PATHETIC.

Also, we had once too where my husband got handed fries shrimp w/fries when he ordered crawfish au gratin w/baked potato, well OUR WAITER had on the tray on the tray jack our entrees as well as another table's entrees, well I saw he didn't compare which table had WHICH food. So you see, you can't blame the expediter, because he admitted even didn't grab the correct plate from the kitchen even, so not only did he seem to not check over the food in the kitchen, but in front of us, I SAW WITH MY EYES, he didn't compare his written orders to which table had which plates of food. HOW THE HELL can you blame the expediter?

Even in the Denny's situation, even if she put in the order correctly onion rings aren't fries. If you don't know the difference in objects, you need to go back to kindergarten, seriously. This is NOT the fault of the kitchen staff since they NEVER ONCE BROUGHT ME the OBVIOUS PROBLEM that I saw BEFORE she put it in front of me even.

WHY can't you see you are LYING to the public and that you don't know WHAT you are talking about, huh?

WOW!!!

It's just tips we're talking about.......Right?

WOW!!

daschoo

Slanje Va
Reaction score
SaltwaterServr;4198703 said:
Keep think, as an outsider, that you have any idea what you're talking about when it comes to costs in a restaurant, staff turnover, and random inconsistency. You don't. Quit pretending that you do. Nice try on the middle management insult though. Cute. It's not pounding my chest, it's simply my years of experience in the business pointing out the things that people don't see when they think they can revolutionize the business based on what they "think" they saw in another country.

Two or three screw-ups on a $10K-$12K night are insignificant. Multiplying the labor costs seven-fold for 25+ employees on that same night are a whole different ball of wax. It's really not that hard to figure out, unless you're hypothetically postulating you know how the business runs and have a first hand look at the numbers.

i live in another country and worked in bars for years and was paid the minimum wage doing these jobs which was just under £6 an hour which at the current exchange rate is $9.56. the owner of the bar i was working in was charging around £2.50 to £3 a pint of beer depending on the brand which works out at $3.98 to $4.78 and a bar meal would cost around £5 to £6 or $7.96 to $9.56. thats average prices in the bar trade and obviously you can pay more or less depending on where you go. when i go out for a meal with my girlfriend it generally costs around £40 or $63.69 for a 2 course meal and drinks although again you can find places to eat cheaper or can pay a heck of a lot more. if i'm in a bar i don't tend to tip the staff unless i've been in for a while and received table service and when i'm out for a meal i'll normally leave roughly £5 for the staff.
its been a few years since i was in the u.s. and can't really remember how much eating out cost there so i have no idea whether i've backed up your claims or disproven them but just figured since folk are arguing over restaurant costs when there is a minimum wage i'd give some numbers

vta

The Proletariat
Reaction score
ROMOSAPIEN9;4198705 said:
WOW!!!

It's just tips we're talking about.......Right?

WOW!!

:laugh2:

People would be trading fists if this were in person.

Concord

Mr. Buckeye
Reaction score
CowboyMcCoy;4198020 said:
My favorite scene from a movie is from Reservoir Dogs, where they talk about tipping or not tipping.

ConcordCowboy;4192926 said:
Who are some of you guys...Mr Pink?

rdogspink-150x150.jpg

...:D

Concord

Mr. Buckeye
Reaction score
Springs1;4198609 said:
Then WHY do I regularly go to Chili's and have servers AUTOMATICALLY have brought out the condiments ahead of time ALL ON THEIR OWN?

But it can NEVER, EVER be the kitchen staff's fault UNLESS the food is covered up to where the person bringing it out cannot tell whether it's the correct item or not or if it's made incorrectly due to it being covered up.

It should, here's why:

People tip based on their SERVICE not WHO in the service messed up. It's not the customer's fault you don't share your tip with your co-worker that SHOULD get paid for their service they provided by you taking part of your tip to pay them. The person is still having the problem in their service, how is that fair they pay well for ****ty service, huh? Just because another service caused it? Is that our fault as customers that you don't share your tips with the other servers? I think you should. Then, maybe, they'd compare the tickets to the food and not bring a duh mistake nearly as often as it happens. Once, I had several condiments forgotten at Applebee's from another server, do you think my server didn't put in any of them into the computer? I doubt that he put it in wrong completely, it was that this other server that wasn't getting tipped brought out my food without comparing the ticket to the food. Can't blame the expediter since they didn't bring me my food for those condiments.

At most restaurants, it's not food runners, it's other server's running each other's food not getting paid AT ALL for their service. Some restaurants do have food runners, but are paid by SALES a tip out, NOT based on performance. If you wanted to you could share your tip with the person that brings out the food, it's your choice, this way, they would have A REAL REASON to COMPARE THE TICKET TO THE FOOD to work as a team. For you to not pay them, they aren't going to put any effort into making sure the customer has what they ordered since they aren't getting ANYTHING from it.

Condiments that are served on the side though can be easily brought out by YOU, the server that is the person EARNING their tip. So for that, that's YOUR FAULT 100% REGARDLESS of WHO runs the food to the table. YOU ARE 100% responsible for things like sides of ranch, mayo, mustard, bbq sauce, tartar sauce, cocktail sauce, even extra pickles or onions that are asked on the side can be brought out ahead of time.

DOES THE COOK LEAVE THE KITCHEN AND SET THE FOOD ON MY TABLE AS FAR AS ANYTHING OBVIOUS THAT YOU DON'T HAVE TO *TOUCH* THE FOOD TO NOTICE SOMETHING IS WRONG, HUH?

You can easily notice if I asked for no jalapenos, there's some on the nachos, right without having to TOUCH the food, right?

You can easily notice there's guacamole and sour cream as well as pico de gallo without TOUCHING ANYTHING, right?

Then HOW can you blame the cook or expeditor if they aren't the person that actually LEFT the kitchen with these DUH mistakes, huh? It's IMPOSSIBLE for these type of errors to be the kitchen staff's fault as to WHY you or another server actually BRINGS us the problem.

If you brought me the nachos with it like that and I specifically told you "No jalapenos", then that would be a MILLION, TRILLION PERCENT ON *YOU* and YOU ALONE for being NON-OBSERVANT OR TOO LAZY OR YOU MADE A MISTAKE OR WHATEVER, but it's NEVER the kitchen staff's fault for something OBVIOUS TO THE EYES LIKE THIS.

I am not a cook, I have common sense, you don't obviously and want to blame the kitchen staff for *YOU* or *ANOTHER SERVER* bringing out OBVIOUS errors like these that you don't have to TOUCH the food to notice the problems.

For example, if I were your server and you said you didn't want jalapenos, my job would be to compare my written order to the plate of food and I notice the jalapenos, so I tell the kitchen staff to make it all over since I am not chancing if someone is allergic to the jalapenos for them to take them off or even for them to have some pepper taste on their food that they asked not to get. I would be CARING and RESPONSIBLE to NOT ***SERVE****** that to a customer. WHY would you serve that only for me to send you back? That's silly and a waste of time for all.

It's the cooks fault for making the check incorrectly, and the expediters fault for traying the food without checking for accuracy. I'd blame the food runners, but they don't check the food, they simply bring it to the table. They get a pass. Btw. The Expediter? Yeah, That's a cook who happens to not be cooking that night.

HOW? You are saying servers are BLIND AND ILLITERATE RIGHT that they can't tell the differences between fries and mashed potatoes or that the mashed potatoes have gravy vs. mashed potatoes without gravy or that bacon that is NOT covered up by anything is crispy or soggy or that fries have black pepper on them that were ordered with no seasoning or that the bbq sauce is on the ribs when the customer said NO bbq sauce on the ribs, etc.?
HOW? If let's say you bring me the nachos with sour cream but I told you no sour cream, HOW THE HELL can you blame someone else for *YOU* BRINGING ME SOUR CREAM TO MY TABLE? It's IMPOSSIBLE FOR SOMEONE ELSE TO BE AT FAULT WHEN ********YOU*********** BROUGHT IT TO MY TABLE WITH this is something that you don't have to touch to notice it's wrong. This isn't a steak that you have to CUT INTO, this is SOUR CREAM RIGHT ON TOP. So you are saying you are BLIND and that you can't reread your written order?

As far as bartenders go, lots of times it's the server not putting the order into the computer as quickly as they possibly can in a fair manner of course such as I wouldn't expect you to put my order into the computer if you had food to bring to someone, but if you have time to buss a table, I sure as hell expect my order into the computer BEFORE worrying about clean up.

Also, my husband and I have had wrongly put in drinks into the computer and wrongly brought out OBVIOUS DUH drinks brought out such as once I ordered a white russian, the waitress brought out a frozen mudslide. Another time, I ordered a white russian at a different restaurant, the waitress brought out a BLACK russian in a CLEAR glass that I can tell DUH NO MILK, hence the name "WHITE" russian.

Unless the expediter runs the food to my table, if they plate the food wrong, it's on the person that ran the food unless it's another server when the order was put in wrong by the original server that took the order.

For example, let's say you put in my order completely correctly, but I get fries instead of a baked potato, that's not on the expediter since another server or food runner brought out my food, that's on the OTHER SERVER OR FOOD RUNNER that has a SET OF EYES THAT CAN *READ A TICKET AND COMPARE EACH ITEM TO THE TICKET TO NOTICE "Yeah, fries the ticket says, so I won't bring this to the customer like this since it's not correct and they would get it fixed." Now in this situation since you put in the order correctly, the wait time would be the expediter's fault, but if this food runner or other server brought out the wrong side dish anyways, that's the other server or food runner's fault for leaving the kitchen with the wrong side item. They just wasted my time bringing me fries when I ordered a baked potato. THAT time that they wasted BRINGING me the wrong item is SOLELY on that person that ran the food considering YOU put in the order correctly.

Ask yourself, WHY did I RECEIVE the problem? In this scenario above, it's because of the person that ran the food. The expediter didn't hand me a DUH mistake like DUHHHH FRIES AREN'T BAKED POTATOES, DUHHHHHHH!! WHY am I explaning DUH things like this to you? WHY are you trying to blame someone else when THEY NEVER ONCE, NEVER ONCE LEFT THE KITCHEN TO GIVE ME THE WRONG SIDE DISH, HUH? IT'S IMPOSSIBLE FOR THE KITCHEN STAFF TO BE AT FAULT FOR A WRONG SIDE DISH UNLESS A PERSON IN THE KITCHEN STAFF ACTUALLY BRINGS ME THE FOOD AND THE ORDER HAS TO BE PUT IN CORRECTLY IN ORDER FOR THE PERSON IN THE KITCHEN STAFF TO BE AT FAULT.

Busy or not, this isn't fast food. You earn your money. WHY do we have servers then if they don't care, WHY are we tipping then? We might as well go and get up to get our food, then leave any servers out of the picture then. There's no point to the server if they don't care about WHAT is in their hands as far as things that are OBVIOUS TO THE EYES.

1. Condiments or extra pickles or onions, etc. things of that nature can ALWAYS be brought out ahead of time. I just even recently had a waitress that VOLUNTARILY with me not knowing her decide to bring them out said "So I won't forget" ahead of time.

2. Anything that you can tell without touching the food can be caught by YOU to not actually *SERVE* it to the customer. Think, if I order beans and rice, but you bring me fries and onion rings, well DUH are you BLIND, ILLITERATE, AND/OR STUPID? I mean, think about it. YOU and YOU ALONE brought me those items. HOW can you blame the kitchen staff for that? YOU LEFT ONE ROOM, went into another with the wrong items. That's just like if you took a blue shirt from your bed room to the kitchen but wanted to leave with a red shirt. HOW is that ANY DIFFERENT? It's not. If you didn't take my order, if the order was put in correctly, that's on you and if it's condiments, it's honestly on BOTH of you, the original server that could have easily prevented that issue AND YOU could have too by comparing the ticket to the food if you didn't do so. If you did and just missed it, yes, it's a mistake, but it's still on YOU as well as the original server. It's not on the expediter, because they didn't leave the kitchen without my ranch, mayo, and mustard, YOU DID THOUGH.

So WHAT? You are LYING to the public. It's just like when your mail man or lady puts the wrong mail in your mail box, it's THEIR FAULT, NOT a machine that sorted the mail or a person that sorted it at the post office, it's the person that *LAST* saw the issue, which since this isn't a steak that you have to TOUCH to notice the problem, it's a side dish that isn't covered up by anything or any type of mistake you don't have to touch to notice the problem, it's IMPOSSIBLE to blame ANY kitchen staff member since they NEVER ONCE was the last person to see my plate that could have NOTICED it was wrong.

You control condiments. You control bringing me mashed potatoes with gravy when I ordered it without gravy or beans instead of fries if you are my server. You are saying things that you can control that you can't, but honestly you CAN control these issue from GETTING BROUGHT TO MY TABLE IF YOU ARE MY SERVER THAT TOOK MY ORDER OR IF YOU ARE ANOTHER SERVER OR FOOD RUNNER THAT THE ORDER WAS PUT IN CORRECTLY.

WHY can't you admit the truth, huh? In the picture with the ribs, if I ordered a burger, you can notice if you want to decide to bring that plate of food to me or not. It's totally up to you for these DUH mistakes.

WHY do you act like you cannot control most things when you CAN? WHY blame the person that plates the food for things you can notice without TOUCHING ANYTHING?

For example, at Denny's I saw on THE TRAY I had onion rings when I ordered seasoned fries. ON THE TRAY that OUR WAITRESS had it wrong, well DUHH if I can notice without touching my food, so could have our waitress. That's the waitresses fault even if she put in the order correctly she was TOO LAZY more than likely to actually compare the WRITTEN ORDER to the food and make sure I had seasoned fries not onion rings. SHE BROUGHT THE PROBLEM TO MY TABLE since this was a DUH mistake. This was HER FAULT she brought out the completely wrong side item.

WHY can't you understand that SHE delayed my side dish that I ordered from getting to me by wasting my time bringing me the wrong item that was obvious to the eyes, huh?

I think it's bad when I saw the problem when she had the tray on the tray jack, YOU DON'T? I think that is PATHETIC.

Also, we had once too where my husband got handed fries shrimp w/fries when he ordered crawfish au gratin w/baked potato, well OUR WAITER had on the tray on the tray jack our entrees as well as another table's entrees, well I saw he didn't compare which table had WHICH food. So you see, you can't blame the expediter, because he admitted even didn't grab the correct plate from the kitchen even, so not only did he seem to not check over the food in the kitchen, but in front of us, I SAW WITH MY EYES, he didn't compare his written orders to which table had which plates of food. HOW THE HELL can you blame the expediter?

Even in the Denny's situation, even if she put in the order correctly onion rings aren't fries. If you don't know the difference in objects, you need to go back to kindergarten, seriously. This is NOT the fault of the kitchen staff since they NEVER ONCE BROUGHT ME the OBVIOUS PROBLEM that I saw BEFORE she put it in front of me even.

WHY can't you see you are LYING to the public and that you don't know WHAT you are talking about, huh?

Good Lord...you need to Chill.

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
Springs1;4198609 said:

It should, here's why:

9933435.jpg

Springs1

Reaction score
SaltwaterServr;4198671 said:
Springs1, you really have little clue to what you're talking about.

YOU DO! You didn't take my order, you bring me beans, the order was put in correctly by my server, I actually ordered fries, are you BLIND and ILLITERATE that you can't READ a ticket and compare it to the food to notice YES, this is NOT fries, this is BEANS? Are you stupid?

The more I read your last post, the more it showed. You calling Teren a liar repeatedly is wholly out of line since you've don't even know enough of what happens behind the scenes to know that you don't know jack **** of what happens behind the scenes. An apology is in order from you.

A food runner may or may not actually bring the food to the table.

I KNOW THAT. I said that at most restaurants, there are OTHER SERVERS that run each other's food, NOT food runners.

They may be stationary 'expos' who simply tray the food off the line according to the ticket, pick up the closest server, and send them to the correct table with the incorrect food on the tray.

"SEND THEM", are you stupid? The server that is being sent is the person that can *READ A TICKET* and compare it to the food for any obvious errors. You are saying the person being sent cannot READ, cannot determine what the difference in what a baked potato for example looks when fries are on the plate?

The person being sent has the RESPONSIBILITY of WHAT is in their hands. I don't trust someone that says "Take this to table 6." I would see where table 6 is and what food they ordered.

The table's server has no way, none whatsoever, to correct a mistake that 4 other people contributed to until it's at the table because they haven't seen it until they're doing the post-delivery quality check. You scream that Teren is lying about it. You're wrong, he's right.

If a food runner or another server brings out the food, this is ONLY true if it's things other than condiments or things like extra onions or pickles that are asked to be put on the side, things of that nature that don't need cooking or much prepare time.

The condiments and extra onions on the side or pickles can be brought out by the original server that took the order BEFORE the food is brought out.

The obvious mistake wasn't contributed from 4 other people if the order was put in correctly by the original server, it was SOLELY contributed to the ONE PERSON THAT WAS LAST TO HAVE SEEN THE OBVIOUS ERROR such as beans aren't fries on the plate unless the side dish in this example was completely covered up, but if it's not, which 99.9% of the time problems like the wrong side dish aren't covered up, it's due to the PERSON THAT BROUGHT IT OUT WRONG since the mistake can be seen without touching the food and the original server put in the order correctly into the computer.

Grill side, saute, fry line, expo, and/or food runner all contribute to the food on that tray that the original server has no contact with until at the table.

NOT for receiving an error that doesn't have to be touched to notice it's wrong. If the order was put in correctly by the original server that took the order, the ONLY person that is CAUSING the obvious error to get to the customer is the food runner or other server that brought the plate out obviously wrong.

Think about it, at home, you leave your kitchen to your living room with beans, but you wanted to leave with mac n' cheese, does it matter WHO plated the food? NO, you can get that plate correct ****BEFORE***** you leave your kitchen by telling the person that plated the food "I wanted mac n' cheese not beans." Then it would get corrected so you wouldn't be going to your living room with the wrong item. You even gave a written order for the person that plated your food which was correct, so how can you blame the person that plated your food as to why you go all the way to your living room with beans. It's YOUR FAULT you left a room and didn't notice DUHHH beans aren't mac n' cheese, DUHHH!!

Again, you're wrong, he's right. Expo's and Food Runners are usually one rung below the BOH manager in that they can't be overridden by the waitstaff who, unless it's the orginal server, again don't know that there's an error.

YOU KNOW BY THE
TICKET, THE TICKET, THE TICKET, THE TICKET!!
What they say goes and the only person that knows better can't fix the problem until the problem has been discovered at the table.
If the ticket is correct, that's what you go by. Condiments, extra onions or pickles can be brought out by the original server.

A lot of times you're given the second copy ticket that only has the general items, not the individual modifications to the entree. You don't see side items only a steak with temperature on a ticket. That's it.
You can ask for the original ticket, DUHH!

Again, they CANNOT override the expo and say it's wrong because only the original server will know it's wrong.

NO, the other server can ask to see the original ticket.

I'm really lmao @ you complaining about Denny's service. I really am. You eat at a 24 hour a day joint like that, you should expect what you ran into.

I have had 20% service at Denny's. It goes by the PERSON serving you, not if the food is cheap or not.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
SaltwaterServr;4198703 said:

Again -- you apply the present model to a situation that requires a different model. That's the class middle management tact -- "this is how we do it because this is how we do it" - the idea that some other model is clearly impossible and needs to be discarded without any real though is what keeps you from moving up.

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
This Springs1 guy sure is passionate on this subject. His entire post history is in nothing but threads about tipping your waiters.

Weird.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Heisenberg;4199576 said:
This Springs1 guy sure is passionate on this subject. His entire post history is in nothing but threads about tipping your waiters.

Weird.

I'm thinking he is a visiting Commanders fan.

Springs1

Reaction score
Heisenberg;4199576 said:

Weird.

First I am a WOMAN, 34yrs old. Secondly, if you go out to eat as OFTEN as me and my husband do, you'd understand the passion on the subject.

Cythim

Benched
Reaction score
Heisenberg;4199576 said:

Weird.

Sam I Am;4199595 said:
I'm thinking he is a visiting Commanders fan.

There is actually a very funny story behind Springs1. My wife knows of her from pregnancy forums she likes to visit. The basic story is that she trolls forums for threads about tipping and rude drivers, but mostly it is service. She has her own entry on the Don't Poke the Crazy blog. Enjoy!

http://dontpokethecrazy.blogspot.com/2010/10/oh-springs131how-weve-missed-you111.html

UVAwahoos

Benched
Reaction score
Cythim;4200708 said:
There is actually a very funny story behind Springs1. My wife knows of her from pregnancy forums she likes to visit. The basic story is that she trolls forums for threads about tipping and rude drivers, but mostly it is service. She has her own entry on the Don't Poke the Crazy blog. Enjoy!

http://dontpokethecrazy.blogspot.com/2010/10/oh-springs131how-weve-missed-you111.html

That is wild. How would she know to find this obscure off topic forum thread on a cowboys fan website? That is both freaky and intriguing at the same time.

Cythim

Benched
Reaction score
UVAwahoos;4200972 said:
That is wild. How would she know to find this obscure off topic forum thread on a cowboys fan website? That is both freaky and intriguing at the same time.

My wife mentioned something about a tool that crawls forums looking for key phrases. Her phrase apparently is "It's not the server's fault."

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Springs1;4200403 said:
First I am a WOMAN, 34yrs old. Secondly, if you go out to eat as OFTEN as me and my husband do, you'd understand the passion on the subject.
Maybe y'all should try eating at home. :eek::

Cythim;4200708 said:

That's the funniest thing I've ever seen. And I love the blog name. lol

Cythim

Benched
Reaction score
WoodysGirl;4201004 said:
Maybe y'all should try eating at home. :eek::

That's the funniest thing I've ever seen. And I love the blog name. lol

She has increased the board traffic a bit tonight.

Shout out to the ladies from The Debate Team who came to check this epic pile of whatever it is!

:welcome:

DragonCowboy

Reaction score
Springs1;4198609 said:

It should, here's why:

I wish I were a server just so I could spit in your food.

And I mean that in the nicest way possible.

But seriously, I'd spit in your food.

Springs1

Reaction score
DragonCowboy;4201054 said:
I wish I were a server just so I could spit in your food.

And I mean that in the nicest way possible.

But seriously, I'd spit in your food.

Do you know why? It's because I told you the *TRUTH* of what it really is that YOUR SERVER OR ANOTHER SERVER CAUSES MOST OF THE ISSUES YOU HAVE AT YOUR TABLE!!

You are too LAZY to do the WORK. That's what your attitude is all about, otherwise, you would tell me that what I am saying is true, because it HONESTLY IS!

Ok, so unless you are sick, spitting in my food does absolutely NOTHING!! Even if you are sick, if let's say you had a cold virus I had already or just a better immune system than you, I still may not get the cold or whatever sickness you have.

You think by spitting in food that's going to do something, when most of the time, it's not. Think about when you drink from someone else or eat from someone else or even french kiss someone, do you get sick every single time you do those things? I think not!!