Mandatory 25% tip

AbeBeta

Reaction score
jen51587;4202590 said:
Seriously, google Springs1 ranch restaurant service. You can find her all over the place. She was most recently (I believe) on Babycenter message boards, complaining about not getting her ranch and horrible waiters. We did some google-research and found her all over the internet for the last 5 or so years. (If I recall correctly, that is.)

Links:
http://www.blogger.com/profile/16330862403978274454
http://shine.yahoo.com/blog/5DCUJZ66SKPVC2MTCA67WBWHLM
http://able2know.org/topic/64146-1

Springs comments here:
http://gimmethisandthat.com/food/articles-food/hi-can-i-take-your-order/
http://www.wisegeek.com/what-does-a-waitress-do.htm
http://www.undercoverwaitress.com/2011/07/restaurant-customer-is-spawn-of-satan.html#axzz1bqIpYQdZ

There are more, but I think you get the picture.

Wow. This fascinates me even more. I can't see how anyone see this sort of crazy as anything but super hot!

UVAwahoos

Benched
Reaction score
True.

Springs1...can u upload a picture of yourself? Nothing is sexier than imagining you in a catfight with some hormonal chick from a baby forum. You're rocking my world here.

rkell87

Reaction score
UVAwahoos;4204555 said:
True.

Springs1...can u upload a picture of yourself? Nothing is sexier than imagining you in a catfight with some hormonal chick from a baby forum. You're rocking my world here.
she would never do that because I guarantee you that if she did she would never ever get to eat out again, her picture would be circulated around to every restaurant in the state and major chains in the country and she would be refused service from all of them.

I would love to see her fall flat on her face trying to wait tables for even one day.

UVAwahoos

Benched
Reaction score
rkell87;4204586 said:
she would never do that because I guarantee you that if she did she would never ever get to eat out again, her picture would be circulated around to every restaurant in the state and major chains in the country and she would be refused service from all of them.

I would love to see her fall flat on her face trying to wait tables for even one day.

If she's been doing this in restaurants and across boards since 2005 though, there HAS to be a picture of her circulating. Wouldn't some shunned waiter/waitress have done the deed to warn colleagues? It has to be hard to be this loud and remain anonymous in the internet era.

kTXe

On To The Next One
Reaction score
This thread is so epic. Seriously, I want to print it out and wallpaper my entire house with it.

UVAwahoos

Benched
Reaction score
kTXe;4204606 said:
This thread is so epic. Seriously, I want to print it out and wallpaper my entire house with it.

I hope you're not being sarcastic. This is the first thread I visit each morning. I could give a damn if the entire starting lineup went out with pulled hammies while I was asleep. First thing's first...

rkell87

Reaction score
UVAwahoos;4204601 said:
If she's been doing this in restaurants and across boards since 2005 though, there HAS to be a picture of her circulating. Wouldn't some shunned waiter/waitress have done the deed to warn colleagues? It has to be hard to be this loud and remain anonymous in the internet era.
that's the thing about posting anonymously on the internet, she would never say crap to her server she just goes on the internet later and *****es about things she doesn't know

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Springs1;4195440 said:
[URL="http://www.akronohiomoms.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/cindy.jpg"][URL="http://www.akronohiomoms.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/cindy.jpg"] [/URL][/URL]

Can you CLEARLY SEE if *YOU* were the server they have rice and beans, not a baked potato or fries for example?

UVAwahoos;4204601 said:
I think she did post of herself. Why would she post a pic of someone else.

SaltwaterServr

Blank Paper Offends Me
Reaction score
AbeBeta;4203609 said:
Wow, you think it is all about the hourly wage don't you? You pay 20 an hour -- provide legitimate benefits, sick time, vacation, and stability -- see where that gets you in terms of cost savings in terms of turnover, discipline, and a general reduction in problems. Now that you have people who are working for you at an hourly wage, you can also likely eliminate some of the staff you need for other work -- a well paid and benefited employee will have no problem spending 30 minutes at the end of the night cleaning and on other tasks that don't relate to tips.

Again -- different model.

Eliminate tips entirely from the cost of the meal. The customer walks out the door paying as much as they would have otherwise.

Why are you assuming that there's a huge turnover? What other major cost problems are you creating to validate your position? Discipline?

Are you throwing crap against the wall and expecting some of this to stick because anyone in the business is looking at you right now and shaking their head. You don't know where the hidden costs are, and you don't know how the labor is partitioned to subsidize the operations of the restaurant.

They already are spending an hour to two hours after their last table doing things not related to tips. I pointed that out in either my first or second post in this thread. Go back and read it again and see where I'm saving you, the customer, dollar after dollar by using $2.13 instead of $20 a hour labor.

We're subsidizing your meal cost with $2.13 an hour labor. Staff comes in an hour to 90 minutes before opening and work at $2.13. They stay an hour after their last table to clean their section, do side work, and to get ready for the next day.

Every week day, excluding Saturdays, I run with five waiters to open the restaurant and we're not that big of a place. It takes all five to open. On Saturday we run with 3 because their is a little more down time but we run with 6 or 7 on Sunday mornings.

It averages out to five waiterstaff, every single day, spending an hour on the clock at $2.13. My total wage burden for that hour is currently $75 a week. Paying a "living wage" and REDUCING my staff's income by 30% would put them at the $14 to $15 an hour mark. They open the bar, do all the set up, and no other person is on the clock in the *** until ten till 11 when my busser and bar staff come in.

That hour is now costing me $525 a week. Bussers make more per hour now, but are also subsidized by the waiter's tips. Same with the bar.

Your idea has cost me $23,000 a year, for that one single hour a day. Double it for the hour after their last table has left.

$46,000 for opening and closing duties. Two hours a day, and that's just the highest crystal on the tip of the iceberg. Where's the non-issue of "discipline" and the fictitious monstrous turnover rate costing me $46,000 per year? Hmmm?

How about for larger floor plan chain restaurant? How about opening with 8-10 waiters per day per week? You can't take the minimum wage route with bussers because they're making more than that, easily, per hour with the tips they're getting from the waitstaff.

No matter how you slice it, changing the tip system in America drastically changes the dining experience and ultimate cost to the owners and investors. It only hurts the business's bottomline.

SaltwaterServr

Blank Paper Offends Me
Reaction score
Springs1;4204455 said:
You just don't want to admit that I told the truth and you are a liar. WHY is that, huh? I proved you the hell wrong!!

What does that have to do with mental health that I know MORE than you do and I have never served, huh? It proves a lot that you servers want to blame others when you want to be lazy, uncaring, and irresponsible for your tip and actions.

You're wrong, an idiot, and potentially a danger to others around you. You call me a liar? :laugh2: :lmao2:

You've already been shown to be a psychotic with an obsessive-compulsive problem. No one respects your opinion because you're abjectly wrong in everything you've said and quite possibly lying about it as well.

Go back on your meds.

WoodysGirl;4205819 said:

Psychos, they look just like normal people. They might be living right next door.

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
Springs1, you may be insane, but I dig your zeal. Everyone should have a passion!

Springs1

Reaction score
WoodysGirl;4205819 said:

Because it's free on the internet to post from other pictures. Are you crazy that you really think I would put my picture on the internet? ARE YOU NUTS? I DO NOT EVEN HAVE FACEBOOK OR my space(there are people that have pretended to be me on my space but I truly didn't write that stuff. They copied and pasted some of my work into there, but I didn't do it).

This was a picture of someone's blog. I have NO CLUE of WHO the HELL it is.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Springs1;4207620 said:
Because it's free on the internet to post from other pictures. Are you crazy that you really think I would put my picture on the internet? ARE YOU NUTS? I DO NOT EVEN HAVE FACEBOOK OR *******(there are people that have pretended to be me on *******, but I truly didn't write that stuff. They copied and pasted some of my work into there, but I didn't do it).

I bet even when you are are just about to fall a sleep, it's like riding the roller coaster from hell. :laugh2:

Springs1

Reaction score
SaltwaterServr;4206669 said:
You're wrong,

HOW, I PROVED YOU WRONG. If you are another server or food runner, you ask to see the original ticket that OBVIOUSLY the cooks have, DUHHHH, are you stupid? YOU HAVE ZERO COMMON SENSE TO SPEAK OF!!

YOU ARE that you don't know that you can read a ticket(assuming the ticket is correct of course).

and potentially a danger to others around you.

HOW, I never have hurt ANYONE physically.

You call me a liar?

You are, because you can see the original ticket if you choose to, IDIOT!!

You've already been shown to be a psychotic with an obsessive-compulsive problem.

I may have OCD, but I am NOT psychotic just because I have a huge interest in something. I think EVERYONE has something they are OCD about. Some people with food, they are overweight, some people with a show they watch, some people with blogging, some people with video games, HORDING(lots of hording shows you see on tv), etc.

No one respects your opinion

HOW is it an OPINION if something is FACT, HUH? YOU CAN READ THE ORIGINAL TICKET LAZY ***, UNCARING IDIOT!!!

because you're abjectly wrong in everything you've said and quite possibly lying about it as well.

HOW, when I showed PHYSICAL PROOF, *** IS YOURS, HUH?

How is it lying to say you can read an original ticket, huh?

Go back on your meds.

Never was on any and don't need any. YOU need some to have some COMMON SENSE PILLS, because you have NONE!!

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Springs1;4207620 said:
Because it's free on the internet to post from other pictures. Are you crazy that you really think I would put my picture on the internet? ARE YOU NUTS? I DO NOT EVEN HAVE FACEBOOK OR my space(there are people that have pretended to be me on my space but I truly didn't write that stuff. They copied and pasted some of my work into there, but I didn't do it).

http://i5.***BLOCKED***/albums/y164/nbr1diva/iam_not_crazy_by_jump_button.jpghttp://fc08.deviantart.net/fs39/i/2008/330/c/2/iam_not_crazy_by_jump_button.jpg

AbeBeta

Reaction score
SaltwaterServr;4206642 said:
Why are you assuming that there's a huge turnover? What other major cost problems are you creating to validate your position? Discipline?

Are you throwing crap against the wall and expecting some of this to stick because anyone in the business is looking at you right now and shaking their head. You don't know where the hidden costs are, and you don't know how the labor is partitioned to subsidize the operations of the restaurant.

They already are spending an hour to two hours after their last table doing things not related to tips. I pointed that out in either my first or second post in this thread. Go back and read it again and see where I'm saving you, the customer, dollar after dollar by using $2.13 instead of $20 a hour labor.

We're subsidizing your meal cost with $2.13 an hour labor. Staff comes in an hour to 90 minutes before opening and work at $2.13. They stay an hour after their last table to clean their section, do side work, and to get ready for the next day.

Every week day, excluding Saturdays, I run with five waiters to open the restaurant and we're not that big of a place. It takes all five to open. On Saturday we run with 3 because their is a little more down time but we run with 6 or 7 on Sunday mornings.

It averages out to five waiterstaff, every single day, spending an hour on the clock at $2.13. My total wage burden for that hour is currently $75 a week. Paying a "living wage" and REDUCING my staff's income by 30% would put them at the $14 to $15 an hour mark. They open the bar, do all the set up, and no other person is on the clock in the *** until ten till 11 when my busser and bar staff come in.

That hour is now costing me $525 a week. Bussers make more per hour now, but are also subsidized by the waiter's tips. Same with the bar.

Your idea has cost me $23,000 a year, for that one single hour a day. Double it for the hour after their last table has left.

$46,000 for opening and closing duties. Two hours a day, and that's just the highest crystal on the tip of the iceberg. Where's the non-issue of "discipline" and the fictitious monstrous turnover rate costing me $46,000 per year? Hmmm?

How about for larger floor plan chain restaurant? How about opening with 8-10 waiters per day per week? You can't take the minimum wage route with bussers because they're making more than that, easily, per hour with the tips they're getting from the waitstaff.

No matter how you slice it, changing the tip system in America drastically changes the dining experience and ultimate cost to the owners and investors. It only hurts the business's bottomline.

Wow. How many times can I say different model? Do you understand what that means. You keep taking these numbers and putting them in a business model designed for something else. It is like you are intentionally trying to either be thick or just too simple to get that there are OTHER ways of doing business. You can't just plug one change into your spreadsheet and act as if that makes the changes impossible.

So very middle management. Zero creativity.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
UVAwahoos;4202255 said:
Am I the only person who finds this really creepy?

At the same time I am so intrigued hahaha. I never thought there would be people like this out there. Wow.

I think it's the same person.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
SaltwaterServr;4206642 said:

How big is your place?

You spend 10 man hours a day opening and closing the place?

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Springs1;4207620 said:

I love that you are so crazy that people pretend to be you.