Mandela Effect

Route 66

Reaction score
Has anyone come across any of these that hit you personally?

The one that got me was that there was never any logo of the Fruit of the Loom cornucopia and I know for a fact that I had that logo in my clothes for years.

Route 66

Reaction score
According to current history, the Statue of Liberty has always been on Liberty Island. Many, many people reported to have visited the Statue on Ellis Island, including my wife. The Dolly-no braces in Moonraker has me stumped as well.

Route 66

Reaction score
California Dreamin-I began to pray now I pretend to pray.
John Wayne-Not a man's got to do what a man's got to do but now a man ought to do what he thinks is best
Barbara Streisand now Barbra Streisand
Sally Fields now Sally Field
Smokey the Bear now Smokey Bear
Cup O' Noodles now Cup Noodles
Caldwell Banker now Coldwell Banker
Depends now just Depend

and the list goes on...

maxdogg

Reaction score
California Dreamin-I began to pray now I pretend to pray.
John Wayne-Not a man's got to do what a man's got to do but now a man ought to do what he thinks is best
Barbara Streisand now Barbra Streisand
Sally Fields now Sally Field
Smokey the Bear now Smokey Bear
Cup O' Noodles now Cup Noodles
Caldwell Banker now Coldwell Banker
Depends now just Depend

and the list goes on...

SlammedZero

Reaction score
I love this kind of stuff!!!

BTW there are a few mentioned I am definitely on board with. I KNOW (haha) that he said "Luke, I am your father!". Ahhhhhhh!!!!!!

Last edited:

Route 66

Reaction score
I never ever believed in any of this stuff. Ever. I'm a boring skeptic by nature but I've seen way too many changes that something has to be up. I did a lot of research into the Statue of Liberty and there's two groups of people. Those who say its on Ellis Island or was and those who see the current Liberty Island. My wife said it was 100% Ellis Island 20 years ago. Shes been there. Thousands of others say they had the same trip. Some say who ever heard of Liberty Island (including myself)? Yet its right there plain as day on Google Earth and there are those who state its always been Liberty Island.

History today says something I never heard of...the statue was attacked and the torch was damaged and was never able to have tours up there due to the damage that was almost 100 years ago by a terrorist group. Yet, there have been documented cases of people having tours up in the torch. You go there now and some people have posted videos of the tour groups stating its been closed for 100 years. Also, when questioned, some never heard of an attack on it and the torch being closed for that reason. It's hard to find, but there is some "residual" of pictures of shirts with Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island on them as well as mugs and postcards that do not appear photoshopped.

I know it sounds stupid but I know I had Fruit of the Loom cornucopias as a logo in my clothes for many years and yet the company states its never been there.

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
I thought this thread was about alternate uniforms. I was gonna post this:

869e16e08a5957d7f5150b2de1527555--black-media-nfl-football.jpg

Never mind. Carry on.

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
None of these are real. I'm a big fan of alternate universes but this whole fad is ridiculous. Most of it is just spelling differences that conflict with someone's memory. Those could probably be explained by spelling preferences. Lots of people probably would have spelled Skechers with a T if given the chance. They don't even think about it until after someone presents it as a Mandela Effect. I could probably easily make you believe that something used to be spelled a different way. The only interesting cases are historical events such as Mandela and Billy Graham's "deaths." And those could probably be explained by things like incorrect news reports. There's a thorough article I found going over the Mandela "death" that shows no one in South Africa has this recollection. It's just people from the US. Yeah, because if Mandela died in the 80's, people in South Africa would've probably forgot about it but some guy in Kentucky wouldn't.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Interesting that our colliding realities seem to reveal themselves most prevelantly in how brand names are spelled.

Route 66

Reaction score
None of these are real. I'm a big fan of alternate universes but this whole fad is ridiculous. Most of it is just spelling differences that conflict with someone's memory. Those could probably be explained by spelling preferences. Lots of people probably would have spelled Skechers with a T if given the chance. They don't even think about it until after someone presents it as a Mandela Effect. I could probably easily make you believe that something used to be spelled a different way. The only interesting cases are historical events such as Mandela and Billy Graham's "deaths." And those could probably be explained by things like incorrect news reports. There's a thorough article I found going over the Mandela "death" that shows no one in South Africa has this recollection. It's just people from the US. Yeah, because if Mandela died in the 80's, people in South Africa would've probably forgot about it but some guy in Kentucky wouldn't.

So thousands of people with the same memories are all incorrect... what about the current map that shows South America many miles east now and Australia so close to New Guinea? Or what about the sudden human skull photos to where we have holes in our cheekbones and jaw? Also, I know that I had the Fruit of the Loom cornucopia logo in my clothes for years, that isn't a bad memory.

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
So thousands of people with the same memories are all incorrect... what about the current map that shows South America many miles east now and Australia so close to New Guinea? Or what about the sudden human skull photos to where we have holes in our cheekbones and jaw? Also, I know that I had the Fruit of the Loom cornucopia logo in my clothes for years, that isn't a bad memory.

A thousand out of a billion (0.000001% of) people think an A was an E. Yeah, I would call that bad memory. Or a lack of attention to detail. Or the much more logical conclusion - that we jumped realities and only the bad spellers noticed.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score

This is all pretty much minor stuff ramifications,,, considering that when you go bending the space/ time continuum by creating worm holes every time you bend the mass of space itself,jumping to other planets,,, bizarrely weirder things are known to have transpired,,, o_O

:thumbup:

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Thousands of people think the song lyric says...wrapped up like a ******...when it is wrapped up a deuse as in deusenberg automobile.

Thousands of people think that ELO's song Don't Bring me down says...Don't Bring me down...Bruce...when it actually says don't bring me down Grooss.

Thousands of people think The word pompitous is a real word because it was in the Steve Miller Band song the Joker.

Thousands of people think that Bogart says Play it again Sam in Cassablanca when he really only says Play it.

funkytown

Reaction score
Its a very interesting theory. I feel like most of that video was more mind tricks than anything. But those movie lines being changed, if true is a big deal. We all remember those quotes from Forrest Gump and Star Wars.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
The funniest one is those saying that Sinbad had a Genie movie in the 90's. I don't remember that one, maybe people are confusing him with Shaq's Genie Movie. :laugh:

Route 66

Reaction score
I don't have a false memory of a Fruit of the Loom cornucopia logo growing up. I didn't get that confused with something else.

Also explain how the following is a bad memory.

I remember our map looking like this. South America was not so far east and Australia was not so close to New Guinea. Third pic is Australia currently. Too many Aussies even report that there was more open waters surrounding them than this.

38481442975_8968d2d7f7_b.jpg

39329242922_fee4ea69ff_b.jpg

27582199249_12eab17fc7_b.jpg