Mandela Effect

Route 66

Reaction score
Current map shows the west coast of South America over Florida! I take it New Zealand can now have the claim to fame as the land down under.

Route 66

Reaction score
Other people's comments...Interesting that if it is all false memories, why is it the old map looks correct to all those who refute the current? False memories would be all over the place. Yet, when an "old map" is shown, every single person who disagrees with the new one all agree with the old?

I grew up in Tasmania, Australia & New Zealand was lots closer, though always on that side. It's like Australia has moved up & over in relation to surrounding countries. I've studied maps most of my life simply because I've always enjoyed them & the idea of them.

I remember australia being farther south away from papa guinea

Australia and New Zealand used to be isolated from all other islands and land masses. I don't know the explanation for this. I used to think I was the only one that had this memory or feeling.

I live in Australia and I remember being much further away from Papua New Guinea, though we once governed it. New Guinea now seems closer than Tasmania which to me is just insanity. We were always isolated.

id been looking for the world map since i was a kid,and as far as i know and remember australia was really down there almost like a person who turned away from most of everyone,but when i looked to the new google map and other online map i was shocked to see australia is no longer "down there" it goes up north and so near now to indonesia

I'm Australian and we have never been that close to Madagascar or Indonesia and New Zealand looks lower to me

I have lived in both countries - AUS and PNG. Between 1975 and 1981 I travelled between the two annually. Australia was a lot further down the map and 'out in the middle of nowhere

As an aussie I'm so confused

Yeah Australia was wayyyyyy lower, i have photographic memory.

Australia is basically touching those other islands, no longer land down under and South America is almost touching Africa.. This is definitely wrong..

The "land down under" has moved upward for myself. It use to be down there at the bottom, floating by itself in the middle of no where. Taking 24 hours to get there by flight. Also, New Zealand is under it now? wth. The only thing that was under Australia was Antarctica.

Australia seems to be an indonesian island now? Ridiculous. Should be far more south!!!

I have lived in Australia all my life (34 years). The shape is correct, I had to draw it in primary school on many occasions... as for the position though... Yeah we were never that north!!!

i live in Australia this is weird it looks off

I'm in Australia there's definitely something wrong with the position of Australia which seems to be too close to Papua New Guinea

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
Other people's comments...Interesting that if it is all false memories, why is it the old map looks correct to all those who refute the current? False memories would be all over the place. Yet, when an "old map" is shown, every single person who disagrees with the new one all agree with the old?

I grew up in Tasmania, Australia & New Zealand was lots closer, though always on that side. It's like Australia has moved up & over in relation to surrounding countries. I've studied maps most of my life simply because I've always enjoyed them & the idea of them.

I remember australia being farther south away from papa guinea

Australia and New Zealand used to be isolated from all other islands and land masses. I don't know the explanation for this. I used to think I was the only one that had this memory or feeling.

I live in Australia and I remember being much further away from Papua New Guinea, though we once governed it. New Guinea now seems closer than Tasmania which to me is just insanity. We were always isolated.

id been looking for the world map since i was a kid,and as far as i know and remember australia was really down there almost like a person who turned away from most of everyone,but when i looked to the new google map and other online map i was shocked to see australia is no longer "down there" it goes up north and so near now to indonesia

I'm Australian and we have never been that close to Madagascar or Indonesia and New Zealand looks lower to me

I have lived in both countries - AUS and PNG. Between 1975 and 1981 I travelled between the two annually. Australia was a lot further down the map and 'out in the middle of nowhere

As an aussie I'm so confused

Yeah Australia was wayyyyyy lower, i have photographic memory.

Australia is basically touching those other islands, no longer land down under and South America is almost touching Africa.. This is definitely wrong..

The "land down under" has moved upward for myself. It use to be down there at the bottom, floating by itself in the middle of no where. Taking 24 hours to get there by flight. Also, New Zealand is under it now? wth. The only thing that was under Australia was Antarctica.

Australia seems to be an indonesian island now? Ridiculous. Should be far more south!!!

I have lived in Australia all my life (34 years). The shape is correct, I had to draw it in primary school on many occasions... as for the position though... Yeah we were never that north!!!

i live in Australia this is weird it looks off

I'm in Australia there's definitely something wrong with the position of Australia which seems to be too close to Papua New Guinea

Might it have something to do with the fact that almost everyone is relying on world maps provided by Google as opposed to however globes and maps were made in the past? Either Google disagrees with old maps or we've swapped dimensions where continents have shifted and E's have become A's.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
Might it have something to do with the fact that almost everyone is relying on world maps provided by Google as opposed to however globes and maps were made in the past? Either Google disagrees with old maps or we've swapped dimensions where continents have shifted and E's have become A's.

Okay, but where remember our solar system's location in the Milky way being?

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
Okay, but where remember our solar system's location in the Milky way being?

I don't remember what I was taught in grade school so I wouldn't say I'm a very reliable source. It seems like most of these discrepancies are people disagreeing with something they learned in grade school 20+ years ago. How bout finding a professional cartographer who disagrees with everything they've learned about maps in higher education and in their profession?

Route 66

Reaction score
I know it sounds crazy and I'm far too much a skeptic of most things. It's just that there are quite a few things that I am 100% certain of that led me down the rabbit hole. Sure there are many many false claims out there. I definitely agree. I think it boils down to if there were changes, it would only affect you if it severely conflicted with a memory you have that you are absolute on. Otherwise, it seems preposterous.

The one that hit home with me as well is the business Sally Beauty. I know for a fact it used to be Sally's Beauty Supply. They may have dropped off the Supply but it was always Sally's. Yeah, sounds ridiculous having my brain hurt over a simple name change but my wife was employed there as a store manager for years and it was in fact Sally's. Yet there has been no trace it ever was that name.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
I don't remember what I was taught in grade school so I wouldn't say I'm a very reliable source. It seems like most of these discrepancies are people disagreeing with something they learned in grade school 20+ years ago. How bout finding a professional cartographer who disagrees with everything they've learned about maps in higher education and in their profession?

I remember it being on the outer arm of the galaxy, but if you google earth's location in the milky way it's now on one of the inner arms. It could be possible that the teaching was wrong. But, I just find it interesting as well as this whole subject.

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
I know it sounds crazy and I'm far too much a skeptic of most things. It's just that there are quite a few things that I am 100% certain of that led me down the rabbit hole. Sure there are many many false claims out there. I definitely agree. I think it boils down to if there were changes, it would only affect you if it severely conflicted with a memory you have that you are absolute on. Otherwise, it seems preposterous.

The one that hit home with me as well is the business Sally Beauty. I know for a fact it used to be Sally's Beauty Supply. They may have dropped off the Supply but it was always Sally's. Yeah, sounds ridiculous having my brain hurt over a simple name change but my wife was employed there as a store manager for years and it was in fact Sally's. Yet there has been no trace it ever was that name.

I remember going to Sally Beauty Supply for the first about 17 years ago. People would call it Sally's but I remember the building said Sally. I noticed the disconnect immediately. Figured it rolled off the tongue better and made more logical sense to people (it's more common for a place with a person's name to be in possessive form).

That being said, if you could give me some examples that aren't amateur hearsay or aren't insignificant like brand spellings, then maybe I'll give your theory some more credibility. I find it hard to believe that we swapped dimensions and the biggest difference is a Sinbad movie from the 90's.

Route 66

Reaction score
Oh I am not trying to make anyone believe. I posted as food for thought as to if something like exists. I have my distinct memories of Sally's and seeing her paycheck every month for years. I also remember her name tag and she remembers the same. I also do not remember our world map looking anything like it does today. It would be far easier to write these things off to bad memories than challenging reality. The same goes for the logo that I wore in my clothes for many years. I can't produce that. Also the Statue of Liberty apparently has made many people question their own reality then because they like my wife distinctly remember it being on Ellis Island.

There are also pictures of minted coins and shirts for sale online that state Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island on the same coin and shirt. Of course this will be written off as an explanation.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Oh I am not trying to make anyone believe. I posted as food for thought as to if something like exists. I have my distinct memories of Sally's and seeing her paycheck every month for years. I also remember her name tag and she remembers the same. I also do not remember our world map looking anything like it does today. It would be far easier to write these things off to bad memories than challenging reality. The same goes for the logo that I wore in my clothes for many years. I can't produce that. Also the Statue of Liberty apparently has made many people question their own reality then because they like my wife distinctly remember it being on Ellis Island.

There are also pictures of minted coins and shirts for sale online that state Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island on the same coin and shirt. Of course this will be written off as an explanation.

If I am not mistaken, Ellis and Liberty Island are one in the same. I have seen the SoL listed on both. I think Ellis belongs to NY and Liberty to NJ, maybe the other way around. Regardless, both states own a part to that island; hence, the difference in island labels.

Maybe I am totally off base and no clue what I am talking about :lmao:

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
If I am not mistaken, Ellis and Liberty Island are one in the same. I have seen the SoL listed on both. I think Ellis belongs to NY and Liberty to NJ, maybe the other way around. Regardless, both states own a part to that island; hence, the difference in island labels.

Maybe I am totally off base and no clue what I am talking about :lmao:

I think the tours cover both islands so any tour souvenir will say Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I think the tours cover both islands so any tour souvenir will say Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island.

Yea, been awhile since I been there. I know there is an island belonging to both NY and NJ, maybe its Staten?

I am not researching this right now, only by memory ATM.

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
Yea, been awhile since I been there. I know there is an island belonging to both NY and NJ, maybe its Staten?

I am not researching this right now, only by memory ATM.

Staten Island is a NYC borough. Port Authority belongs to both NY and NJ. Ellis Island belongs partly to NY and partly to NJ.

Route 66

Reaction score
Ellis Island and Liberty Island are two separate land masses. Repeating what I said, the Statue was physically on Ellis Island. People were there.

Route 66

Reaction score
I can buy the theory that people mistake spellings but not physical experiences, including those of my wife and many others.

65fastback2plus2

Reaction score
Ellis Island and Liberty Island are two separate land masses. Repeating what I said, the Statue was physically on Ellis Island. People were there.

It was never on Ellis Island...this is people just mixing stuff up.

Ellis Island is the station where millions of immigrants came and went through the immigration process to remain in the US.

Liberty Island is tiny and would never hold millions of people. But people know ellis island = immigration and immigration from another country is associated with liberty....thus, statue of liberty.

Route 66

Reaction score
Concerning Ellis Island...I find it easier to believe it's all just bad memories but these were physical trips being taken. Apparently history states that the torch has been closed for approximately 100 years due to a terrorist attack and yet there are many people who have stated they walked up into the torch within the past 20 years. Dismiss shirts and mugs but a Rand McNally road map from a few years ago clearly shows it on Ellis.

The following are just a small sampling of many people who visited the Statue and the torch...

most people remember the Statue of Liberty being on Ellis Island. Somehow, without anyone noticing, it moved to Liberty Island, and people are freaked out.

I went to the statue 30 years ago, it was on Ellis island and the torch was open. I have pictures somewhere. Good job.

I have never, ever heard of 'Liberty Island'. I always thought it was Ellis too.

I'm not even sure Liberty Island ever existed before, I certainly never heard of it.

Most peoole haven't . That's the reason I made this video. We all know it was on Ellis but the other strange things happening were interesting, to say the least.

I remember it being on Ellis Island. I've never been to see it personally, but, I clearly recall that I used to think "Why isn't the Statue of Liberty on LIBERTY Island?" In my head, it made lot of sense this way...Statue of Liberty on Liberty Island, right? I always wondered why the statue's island wasn't Liberty Island, and why that was a different island.

It was Ellis because I remember we did collect money for the restoration back in late eighties early nineties. I'm from brklyn I've been up and down the harbor on boats partying.

Lady Liberty was on Ellis Island, also my time line never had the 1916 attack on New York. plus Oswald killed J.F.K. not this bull**** with a 6 person car.

alright, someone just commented stating their 2014 rand McNally road atlas shows the statue of liberty on ELLIS Island. we need this!! I have some old road atlas books I'll look up and post a NEW video If any still show it on Ellis.

It was always on Ellis island *** i remember doing research on this as a kid.

My Dad is a retired History teacher and I told him the stature is on Liberty Island and he said they must have changed the name of Ellis Island to Liberty Island. He remembers the stature on Ellis Island!

Another thing about this particular Mandela, is that it's not a spelling or logo change, which could easily happen. But this a completely different location and history of Lady Liberty. Not only do people remember being taught this in school, but this video evidence and other historical documents, corroborate exactly with this particular memory. That should make even skeptics question it! This ME isn't just "grasping at straws" !

I'm 26 years old lived In NY my entire life I always remember in the 90s as a kid going to Ellis island and going all the way up to the torch not the crown.

In my reality, the Statue of Liberty was always on Ellis Island. Also, back in the 80's it was closed down for 2 years (1984-1986) to be refurbished, including completely replacing the torch. It was reopened July 4, 1986 and people were able to go up to the torch, again. It had been shut down because the arm had become unstable after almost 100 years of visitors. I remember seeing photos people took of people down in her crown that day. No bombing in 1916.

I was there in 2008 as my High school senior Trip. it was on Ellis island. it was the welcoming for immigrants landing there to check in right? why would it be up the harbor where they wouldn't see it to welcome them to the new world. it was closed when I was there, their fairy broke down and I was stuck on Ellis island for two hours. I spent some time just standing there looking up imagining what it was like to see from the inside of it.

It's on Ellis Island in my reality. And anyone who tells me I'm misremembering can mis remember me.

I as well remember this. It where I took my four daughters in 99. Glad you took time out to make this cause that's how a lot remember it.

My great aunt stella was able to go to the torch. It had opened at one time, for a short time. There doesn't seem to be any documentation to that. But I know from her repeated stories of how she went up there, that she definitely went up there, and not just the crown.

OK I have been in the statue and the touch was open at the time.

I went to Ellis island 20 years ago and went up the statue of liberty. Just the view from the water is wrong you can tell right away.

People used to go up to the torch back in the 80's. Don't know if they did in the 90's but they sure did in the 80's. I'm from Europe and decided in the 80's to go and visit my relatives in Oregon.

Its on Ellis island. I went there when i was in elementary school. We went to the torch. I remember it well. How could a child forget the statue of liberty.

My parents took me to The Statue of Liberty in 1978....it was located on Ellis Island, only way to get there was by ferry, and the torch was available for visitors.

This video shocked me so much that I almost started crying! (I really like your glasses by the way! You look rad!) I have ALWAYS remembered that the Statue of Liberty being on Ellis Island and in New York. I have never heard of Liberty Island before until this video and I remember that people in the 80s going up into the torch and taking pictures and seeing pictures of people being in the torch from the ground or like a helicopter or something.

I'm so from Brooklyn and I remember going to Ellis island to see the Statue of Liberty and the museum was at the base.
Wait, **** bro! I remember my mom went to the very top of the torch in the 90s! She used to talk about it being really claustrophobic up there so she had to come down fast, she even had a picture with her friend being sick from going up there and the caption read "Oh look what you missed" with the joke being that her friend looked deathly sick in the picture LOL....*** and now you tell me it's been closed over a 100 years? No frigging way man!

First off, thank you so much for caring enough to do this! I remember it being on Ellis Island as well, right where the 2 star pointy areas are where the flagpole is on Ellis. In 1990 I visited NYC with my gf. I didn't get to go the Statue but she did and told me about taking the ferry to Ellis to see it and the immigration building.

Route 66

Reaction score
It was never on Ellis Island...this is people just mixing stuff up.

Ellis Island is the station where millions of immigrants came and went through the immigration process to remain in the US.

Liberty Island is tiny and would never hold millions of people. But people know ellis island = immigration and immigration from another country is associated with liberty....thus, statue of liberty.

No, it is not. Are you stating that there are large numbers of people who are in denial? I guess my wife who remembers the 30 minute ferry ride out to the statue where they served hot food along with the immigration building at its base is just "mixed up". All these people who claim to have been in the torch with detailed accounts just can be written off to sudden bad memories and yet have the same exact details about the tour up the torch?

I won't budge on this one, add me to the whatever list is mixed up then.