Mandela Effect

65fastback2plus2

Reaction score
can even go back to 1936 and pics dont lie

the-statue-of-liberty-bedloes-island-new-york-city-circa-1936-courtesy-cwa8y6.jpg

65fastback2plus2

Reaction score
No, it is not. Are you stating that there are large numbers of people who are in denial? I guess my wife who remembers the 30 minute ferry ride out to the statue where they served hot food along with the immigration building at its base is just "mixed up". All these people who claim to have been in the torch with detailed accounts just can be written off to sudden bad memories and yet have the same exact details about the tour up the torch?

I won't budge on this one, add me to the whatever list is mixed up then.

It was called Bedloe's Island up until 1956. Thats when it changed to liberty island.

Route 66

Reaction score
...and like I said, it's easier to refute all these people with current data. Just like the terrorist attack on the Statue that I nor a bunch of other people ever heard of including some of the Statue of Liberty tour crew who when asked, never heard of this attack. I've never been to the torch, but many others have. If current data serves, then all these people are brainwashed or all remember some fake tour up into the torch in the same explicit detail and yet it has never been opened. It's going against the grain with my beliefs but it all started with product and business changes that I knew existed in my childhood and found out later it did not.

I'm also on the side of Caldwell Banker, not Coldwell Banker. Depends undergarments not Depend. South America not being so ridiculously so far east as well as the location of Australia. The list goes on.

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
Regardless, I respect everyone's right to their own beliefs no matter how contrary mine may be. :)

Apparently there's a movie about the Mandela Effect coming out soon. Plot sounds similar to that Jim Carrey movie The Number 23 where a guy drives himself mad going down the rabbit hole. Though I could've swore it was The Number 24 ;).

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
It's been my understanding that the safety and/ or liability issue involved of allowing the general public access up into the torch/arm of the statue was to great, something about projected stress/ strain placed upon it ,thusly compromising it's structural integrity,,,since before the 70's,,,o_O not that you can't go up there, it would be a cool place to smoke some giggle weed with #4&#21 someday!
:yourock:

65fastback2plus2

Reaction score
...and like I said, it's easier to refute all these people with current data. Just like the terrorist attack on the Statue that I nor a bunch of other people ever heard of including some of the Statue of Liberty tour crew who when asked, never heard of this attack. I've never been to the torch, but many others have. If current data serves, then all these people are brainwashed or all remember some fake tour up into the torch in the same explicit detail and yet it has never been opened. It's going against the grain with my beliefs but it all started with product and business changes that I knew existed in my childhood and found out later it did not.

I'm also on the side of Caldwell Banker, not Coldwell Banker. Depends undergarments not Depend. South America not being so ridiculously so far east as well as the location of Australia. The list goes on.

Its definitely Coldwell banker.

Thats someones last name lol. What you're talking about now is like I thought it was waterburger up until I was in my teens because i never read the sign and thats what I thought my parents and grandparents called it.

And the statue is photographed on the island it is on. People's brains just dont work sometimes because the brain works to discard what it considers irrelevant information and keep only relevant/important information.

Route 66

Reaction score
I disagree but to each their own. There have been agents who worked for "Caldwell" and are not understanding this. The same goes for Sally's. We just don't have our brains scrambled. A photograph doesn't explain the many visits to Ellis Island and the torch. I just discussed this with some employees and they never heard of a terrorist attack on the Statue and have had relatives go up in the torch.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
can even go back to 1936 and pics dont lie

the-statue-of-liberty-bedloes-island-new-york-city-circa-1936-courtesy-cwa8y6.jpg

Technically, an old picture proves nothing. If the universe changed something from the past, it would alter everything you know in history, including pictures. That is the one thing fun about this theory is that you can't prove that yesterday happened. At all. Everything you think you know or left behind from yesterday could have been planted in your "memory".

Route 66

Reaction score
New one on me...Smithsonian Institute is Smithsonian Institution. This video shows residuals.

csirl

Reaction score
Like many tourists visiting NY, I've been on Liberty Island and walked up the steps to the windows in the crown. It is a different island to Ellis Island - the former immigration arrivals place - which is a short ferry ride away - and often included in the same tour outing as the Liberty visit. I could imagine tourists with packed itineraries having things merge into a blur - there's so much to see in NY.

Route 66

Reaction score
I am not disputing anyone's trip and anything that conflicts with my memory. I believe you and others. The problem is I and my wife and many others have a differing reality of things like the Smithsonian Institute, er Institution and numerous other things. No we are certainly not crazy. :)

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
I just believe that it's the Berenstein Bears and no one is going to change by mind on that. Even if you don't believe in the Mandela Effect :laugh:

csirl

Reaction score
Maybe the people who make the maps just suck at making maps.

The world is a 3D sphere. Maps are 2D rectangles. There are different ways of representing the sphere in 2D. Techniques have varied over the years. A lot of older maps gave the impression that distances were greater in some parts of the world.

Route 66

Reaction score
Yep, gotta be it. The maps are wrong. I've seen the current world globe maps and they aren't too different than the flat ones. So whatever I've seen must be a bad drawing, GPS wasn't around when the maps were made, etc. Heard 'em all.

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
When cats have 8 lives, give me a call. Until then, not buying it.

Route 66

Reaction score
It's not about buying it. It is something that a person goes through based on his or her own personal experience. It is never something to be believed, only experienced.