manny lawson bandwagon

neosapien23

Reaction score
What tackles do you guys think we can get in the 2nd round if the Boys take Lawson at 18.

Z-Man

Reaction score
Nors said:
San Diego who has who opposite Merriman
Actually San Diego has Steve Foley and Shaun Phillips opposite Merriman.
They combined for 11.5 sacks this year. Foley had 10 sacks the year before for San Diego, so they do have 2 pass rushing types starting at OLB.

Pittsburgh always seems to have 2 starting OLB's who can bring it as well.

As for Lawrence Taylor having Banks at the other OLB spot : I have to agree with previous post of having McGinest and Slade starting for Parcells at New England. That's a more recent example and shows Bill can and will start 2 rushers at OLB.

Z-Man

Reaction score
neosapien23 said:
What tackles do you guys think we can get in the 2nd round if the Boys take Lawson at 18.
One thing is for sure : the way everyone other than D' Brick has been playing/practicing at all-star bowl games it seems a little risky to use a #1 on this crop.

Of course, there's probably 10-15 guys better than Pettiti in the 2006 draft. I don't see much difference between the top 5 guys (other than Ferguson) and 2nd-3rd round types like [SIZE=-1]O'Callaghan,[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]Whitworth,[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]Colledge and [/SIZE][SIZE=-1]Trueblood.[/SIZE]

neosapien23

Reaction score
Z-Man said:
One thing is for sure : the way everyone other than D' Brick has been playing/practicing at all-star bowl games it seems a little risky to use a #1 on this crop.

Of course, there's probably 10-15 guys better than Pettiti in the 2006 draft. I don't see much difference between the top 5 guys (other than Ferguson) and 2nd-3rd round types like [SIZE=-1]O'Callaghan,[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]Whitworth,[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]Colledge and [/SIZE][SIZE=-1]Trueblood.[/SIZE]

I think Dallas would be better off signing Barry. He is a young up and comer who will prbably want to leave Green Bay. I think Dallas might be better of taking the best available guard in the 2nd round. Guilles looked out of shape, he might have just dropped himself into our second pick. Another intriguing pick is Lutui who is not as heavy as listed, which is a good thing. He only weighs 338lbs and could be the next Fonutui before he blew up. I think O' Callagnan needs to be the pick if we don't sign Barry. He carries his weight well and has flashed dominance at practice. He might end up being the best tackle in this years class. He looks like the next Flozell Adams.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Z-Man said:
Actually San Diego has Steve Foley and Shaun Phillips opposite Merriman.
They combined for 11.5 sacks this year. Foley had 10 sacks the year before for San Diego, so they do have 2 pass rushing types starting at OLB.

Pittsburgh always seems to have 2 starting OLB's who can bring it as well.

As for Lawrence Taylor having Banks at the other OLB spot : I have to agree with previous post of having McGinest and Slade starting for Parcells at New England. That's a more recent example and shows Bill can and will start 2 rushers at OLB.

Foley was a nobody before SD's 3-4 made him all that.

Yes - Steelers have two 245 pound fast and athletic OLB's in Porter and Hagans

I want it on the record - Chris Slade sucked. McGinnest Is a vastly underrated player.

Say Rhoman Pfiffer?

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
neosapien23 said:

Auburn OT Marcus McNeil
LSU OT Andrew Whitworth
Boise State Daryn COlledge
Cal OT Ryan O'Callaghan
Boston College OT Jeremy Trueblood (been getting pushed around though)

possibly USC OT Winston Justice, character concerns, and Eric Winston, disappointing Senior year, and so/so Senior Bowl

1st round picks IMO:
Virginia OT D'Brickshaw Ferguson
Texas OT Jonathan Scott

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
neosapien23 said:
I think Dallas would be better off signing Barry. He is a young up and comer who will prbably want to leave Green Bay. I think Dallas might be better of taking the best available guard in the 2nd round. Guilles looked out of shape, he might have just dropped himself into our second pick. Another intriguing pick is Lutui who is not as heavy as listed, which is a good thing. He only weighs 338lbs and could be the next Fonutui before he blew up. I think O' Callagnan needs to be the pick if we don't sign Barry. He carries his weight well and has flashed dominance at practice. He might end up being the best tackle in this years class. He looks like the next Flozell Adams.

for the inside at OG, here's a name to remember, Pitt OG Charles Spencer, he looked pretty dominant so far in workouts and drills

neosapien23

Reaction score
summerisfunner said:
for the inside at OG, here's a name to remember, Pitt OG Charles Spencer, he looked pretty dominant so far in workouts and drills

I thought Spencer was a little flabby. He would defintely need to tone up. I wouldn't mind picking him up, but he will probably be a 2nd round pick. Spencer, Lutui, and Guilles will battle it out for the top spot. It seems as though Spencer is outplaying those guys.