Many people are blaming the Jones but they are teaching Dak a lesson

Chasing6

Reaction score
They tell Dak, players go where the money is. He refuses to budge and expects top dollar. They don’t like 3 early exits recently and no deep playoff runs in 8 years. Here…we…go.

They tell him to waive trade clause or Conditional tag, so we can get to high round picks for him. He will, of course refuses.

Then they will say OK you Dak hold all the cards…for now.

Fast forward to TODAY. No free agents. Dak WILL NOW Carry the team at 60 million UNDER CURRENT CONTRACT. You have a top wr, a top pass rusher, a cb. A good 12-5 roster. We will get players in the draft to fill in those who leave. Ownership refuses to mortgage the future. Dak will be the difference maker.

THE POINT IS TO SHOW HIM THAT WINNERS LIKE BRADY AND PAT TAKE LESS MONEY TO WIN. IT HELPS THEM WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS!

Draft happens, fill holes with players. Time will tell.

See you at training camp. Once training camp starts, I assume dak wins the competition. I doubt lance plays 20% better to take daks job.

Season starts.
Case1: If he is .500 (rough start) AND LANCE PLAYED SOLID, ownership tells him to the waive the trade clause. He of course does not. bench him for the season to go with Trey Lance, the rest of the way. New coaches have a good cap and a good start.
Case2: Dak plays average. Play him until playoffs are out of reach and start lance. He walks after season.
Case3: He plays hero ball. Pay the 3 years/180 m you were gonna give him anyway. They want to make him earn it.

Marino took the money and never won. Elway gave up money and won 2x. So did Tommy and Pat. Dak has to decide if he want to walk in the footsteps of champions or Kirk Cousins.

I am on board with ownership’s hardline here. Prove it or we clean house. They just want results and to meet in the middle.
Hahhaha

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Dak ONLY cares about the money.

Period.

Same for 99% of the league.
But in Dak's case he wants an obscene amount of money. Come on, he bought himself and entire football field. If that is nothing more than greed than what more can I say.

erod

Reaction score
But in Dak's case he wants an obscene amount of money. Come on, he bought himself and entire football field. If that is nothing more than greed than what more can I say.
He wants the same thing they all want.

As much money as he can possibly get, plus another million.

And he's a quarterback, so he can.

It's absurd, but it's the world we live in.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
I really want to know who's going to trade for Dak?
Everybody in the NFL knows what Dak has for skills. Against bad defenses Dak excels (when surrounded by talent).
Against tough defenses he fails. Sure he pads his stats in garbage time, but you're still gonna lose. IT HAS BEEN PROVEN.
Sadly we maybe the last team to realize this (Jerry)

Maybe, a 3rd or 4th if we're lucky. Offer him nothing, except your willing to allow him to go elsewhere if he finds somebody.
Offer Dak nothing? That is not how the NFL market works.

Kirk Cousins (closest comparable stat wise to Dak) just got $45 million a year from the Falcons and he has just 1 single wildcard win in his entire career.

To think Dak would not get a similar offer, or even more, on the open market is not understanding how the NFL works.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
I know exactly how pro sports work and dak has proven he is not worth a quarter of what he is estimating to be asking for and since when is making 40 mil a year not good enough? And I don't give a **** what the going rate is the guy is not worth 5mil a year let alone 60.
You say you know how pro sports works and then you ask the question "isnt X amount of money good enough"?

An agent would laugh in your face if you said that to them................that is not how free markets work.

There is a saying, "the value of an assett is soley determined by what somebody is willing to pay for it". You say Dak is not worth $5 million a year, but that is obviously not his true worth because the Cowboys have paid him exponentially more than that. That is how free markets work, it is not based on if you think X amount of dollars is "good enough".

KeepinTime

Reaction score
I get that but the Cowboys are also to blame. They could have extended Dak earlier the first time and saved millions, but they waited. They let the market set Dak's deal for them and now they are paying the price.

And I don't think any of us in Dak's position would be willing to throw money back. Especially when it's there for other QB's.
If he even tried to “throw money back” the player’s union would roast him on a spit.

diamonddelts

Reaction score
They tell Dak, players go where the money is. He refuses to budge and expects top dollar. They don’t like 3 early exits recently and no deep playoff runs in 8 years. Here…we…go.

They tell him to waive trade clause or Conditional tag, so we can get to high round picks for him. He will, of course refuses.

Fast forward to TODAY. No free agents. Dak WILL NOW Carry the team at 60 million UNDER CURRENT CONTRACT. You have a top wr, a top pass rusher, a cb. A good 12-5 roster. We will get players in the draft to fill in those who leave. Ownership refuses to mortgage the future. Dak will be the difference maker.

THE POINT IS TO SHOW HIM THAT WINNERS LIKE BRADY AND PAT TAKE LESS MONEY TO WIN. IT HELPS THEM WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS!

See you at training camp. Once training camp starts, I assume dak wins the competition. I doubt lance plays 20% better to take daks job.

Season starts.
Case1: If he is .500 (rough start) AND LANCE PLAYED SOLID, ownership tells him to the waive the trade clause. He of course does not. bench him for the season to go with Trey Lance, the rest of the way. New coaches have a good cap and a good start.
Case2: Dak plays average. Play him until playoffs are out of reach and start lance. He walks after season.
Case3: He plays hero ball. Pay the 3 years/180 m you were gonna give him anyway. They want to make him earn it.

Marino took the money and never won. Elway gave up money and won 2x. So did Tommy and Pat. Dak has to decide if he want to walk in the footsteps of champions or Kirk Cousins.

I am on board with ownership’s hardline here. Prove it or we clean house. They just want results and to meet in the middle.
Oh yeah. Give up money to the worst front office in the National Football League. What could go wrong? So a player should give up money to an unqualified front office that has not won anything in thirty years.

This is why so many people hate Dallas Cowboy fans.

KeepinTime

Reaction score
Who exactly was the man of the house?

Sisters (cough) walking on the beach....

23C740CF00000578-2862497-image-a-44_1417805098659.jpg

As a wise man (Austin Powers) once said:

That's a man baby !

3-man-and-woman.jpg
Gisele needs a few sandwiches. The other gal ain’t half bad.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
STUPID to waste a year to teach your qb a lesson ! lol
but it sounds like the jones boys.
This year will be a waste, and maybe they dont even make playoffs, but still win enough to not have a top 10 draft pick.

Buzzbait

Reaction score

Season starts.

Do you get the feeling we may go 5 - 12 instead of 12 - 5? :omg:

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Offer Dak nothing? That is not how the NFL market works.

Kirk Cousins (closest comparable stat wise to Dak) just got $45 million a year from the Falcons and he has just 1 single wildcard win in his entire career.

To think Dak would not get a similar offer, or even more, on the open market is not understanding how the NFL works.
OKI guess we'll see.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
He wants the same thing they all want.

As much money as he can possibly get, plus another million.

And he's a quarterback, so he can.

It's absurd, but it's the world we live in.
True. But I don't see Stafford or Goff asking for that insane amount. And both have a better supporting cast because of it.

Strykerscm

Reaction score
Making complex business decisions around football is not a strength of the org.

Now if we’re talking pay for play in business and extorting people out of their goods or services, they are world class. All because of that star.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score

That's a conceivable assessment. Jerry could well be thinking, why give Dak the weapons, if he's going to the highest bidder in 2025 (which would leave us in dire CAP HELL and no QB). Jones may also be thinking, well i'll keep back the CAP so that in 2025 we'll be in a decent position to be the highest bidder for Dak (and able to provide a decent roster).
In effect it's take a break year and come back stronger after the rest in 2024.
For my sins im a Mets fan and that's exactly what they're doing, the soft reset.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
The big piece I think people are missing in the Dak situation is that Dak really shouldn't have any incentive to get a deal done at this point. He can easily play out this season and the Cowboys have no way to keep him from testing the market. Dak on the open market might get $70M per year.

The only real leverage I think the Cowboys would have is threatening to cut him post June 1 or bench him. Not getting a new deal from the Cowboys is probably pretty far down the list of concerns Dak has right now.
Yep. or giving him rookie O-Linemen and rookie RB room that puts Dak's abilities to the fore. There we go Dak, if you can recreate 2023's MVP(2) you'll get/warrant $70m, you gamble on yourself, but we arent going to give you the weapons (as your play-off game doesnt yet warrant ALL-IN, and we'd be left in CAP HELL).
It makes 2024 interesting, a soap opera about Dak (and Jerry).....the love/hate power struggle played out every Sunday afternoon.