Marcus Spears nails It

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
who picked the players/coaches that keep failing? Ranch i respect your opinion on football but man... there is a culture issue with this franchise..the GM/Owner has to take ownership of that problem...he himself says he signs off on everything gameday related....
Didn't say not to blame him, but to say it's all his fault is plain ignorant. Many fans wanted Quinn to be the HC and now? My pet leave is the ignorance that I see from some, picking excuses out of the air, week to week.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Coaching matters. Imagine if you were coaching a team sir and some drunken moron would come sit in on all of your meetings, talk on the radio about the team, and on top of that, tell YOUR players that if they have any issues to come directly to him and not you.

That is the problem.
Jerry sits in on team meetings? Lol

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ranching, you can have a great coach and the most talented players in the world. But, if those players know that the only thing that matters is what Coach Jones says, that coach will NEVER fully be able to get these guys to buy in. Jimmy would cut underachievers all the time. Yet, this club stays littered with them, and, in fact, some of them get extensions.
Jimmy didn't have to deal with a salary cap in Dallas....he did in Miami, how did that work out?

Last edited:

JeffInDC

Reaction score
and this somehow makes the lastest choker okay? Can't we at the least make fun of Rush to prop up dak, or Troy?
Not at all...and that's the overall point. He stuck by 2 QB's and paid them handsomely even when they both showed they were NOT gonna get the team past the Divisional Round. That's on Jerry and his ego. Now, if you wanna argue he didn't surround Romo with talent, that's fine. But, THAT'S THE POINT!!!!! Jerry didn't surround him with talent. Kept going cheap at S and LB...the same thing he's doing now.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
at all...and that's the overall point. He stuck by 2 QB's and paid them handsomely even when they both showed they were NOT gonna get the team past the Divisional Round. That's on Jerry and his ego. Now, if you wanna argue he didn't surround Romo with talent, that's fine. But, THAT'S THE POINT!!!!! Jerry didn't surround him with talent. Kept going cheap at S and LB...the same thing he's doing now.
How much talent does the choker need? or does he need some Prozax for his fear?

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Simple question Ranch...do you think ANY coach has been feared since Jimmy?
Probably not, but a good coach doesn't have to be feared. It works for some, but in today's ga,e you can't go around cutting players like in the past. A good coach needs to be respected, stay away from the buddy, buddy with players. Let the position coaches and coordinators become part of their circle. A HC will then rip the hell out of the coaches or replace them. That will get the players attention.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
Looks like he been reading CZ.....except for the poor Jerry's kids who don't get it...went over their heads. Three freaking decades....how much longer will it take? Like keep banging your head against the wall...:banghead: until you get it.

Loso86

Reaction score

We can rightfully blame Dak, McCarthy, DQ, or even Rowdy. The ONE constant is the Jones family and their need to be seen by everyone.

Everybody is the problem I'm tired of it nobody gets a 0ass, the joneses, dak, mm, dq the defense EVERYBODY

JeffInDC

Reaction score
Probably not, but a good coach doesn't have to be feared. It works for some, but in today's ga,e you can't go around cutting players like in the past. A good coach needs to be respected, stay away from the buddy, buddy with players. Let the position coaches and coordinators become part of their circle. A HC will then rip the hell out of the coaches or replace them. That will get the players attention.
All that sounds logical...except when the players know that Coach Jones is the one ultimately making all the decisions that should be the HC's and HC's ALONE!!!!! The fact that Mike had to wait until Year 4 to run his own offense...come on man. You KNOW Jerry made him keep Kellen.

TheDude

McLovin
Reaction score

We can rightfully blame Dak, McCarthy, DQ, or even Rowdy. The ONE constant is the Jones family and their need to be seen by everyone.

simply. Jerry wants to be seen as a football man. One that is respected for his x/o/player assessment. it is pure ego.

the fact he gambled and struck and bought the franchise for little doesn't feel like an accomplishment to him, but an act of wiring money to buy a boat. now that he has the boat. he needs to be seen as an expert mechanic, wayfarer, captain, admiral, and crew member.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
It's so obvious.
I can't get over it that some homers think everything is great.
Blows my mind!
Name them. I haven't seen a single person defend the Joneses in years. You're creating a fake enemy just to make an argument with. We're all tired of the Joneses. ALL of us.

rags747

Reaction score
Is the Fun in the Chase or the Catch? Enjoy the Journey, the Catch is very temporary! Like 3-5 days Temporary.

bewp7

Reaction score
duh

but u cant change it

u can just hope cowboys get the qb and or coach who can do it even wih jerry messing every thing up

like the bengals did with joe burrow (bengals owner mike brown is like jerry)

fivetwos

Reaction score
So coaching and playing don't matter, it's ALL Jerry's fault.
Well then why do we want to fire MM, let Quinn walk and cut Dak.....it's not their fault, it's Jerry's fault.
Great point, and probably why I don’t care what they do or don’t do because it won’t matter.

It’s much deeper than this guys fault or that guys fault…or a roster change or two.

I mean, what’s supposed to happen? A miserable dude like Belichick comes in, acts condescending to everyone then suddenly these guys aren’t dumb, or suddenly care about focus and winning? Suddenly Dak has no problem reading properly schemed defenses?

It’s not at all popular but I’d actually run it back for the lack of any real answers or the possibility that what needs to actually change WILL actually change until the man upstairs intervenes.

Quinn will likely run hard in the other direction, so we need a DC that will be ok with a likely one year lame duck situation lol….either that or they will be forced on the next head coach yet again.

It just never ends and I’ve about had it.