Marcus spears on w/norm at 10:30 to talk dysfunction

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
For anyone who defends the jones family in the future just go back and listen to this.

Jerry undermines the coaches and the players do not know who is in charge.

And that is the cowboys problem. Right there.

i have known that for sure since last years draft.

Bluestang

Reaction score
I think Bill Parcells needs to define reasonably acceptable...

http://cowboysblog.***BANNED-URL***...ml/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sounds like Spears doesn't agree that our team is run just like every other one around the league. Or that the head coach is running the organization. Strange.

Well, in fairness, he may not be in tune with the real inner working of the team as some of the people here.

Now if you don't mind, I have to hop aboard Mr. Rogers' trolley. Go Cowboys!!

Bluestang

Reaction score
This franchise, and this group doesn't deserve that definition, is a joke.

We are poorly led, run, and it's no wonder we get the results we deserve.

This sucks.

Reaction score
He said they were the leaders on OFFENSE. Then Brought up Garrett and they went on that tangent of not knowing if Garrett was the General or Jerry and never got back to the top of who where the LTs or Sgts on defense.
OK.

But I think my critique of Ware is still correct. Great player. Not a leader. He'd rather just do his job.

He shows flashes. Like when he works with Tyron Smith after practice. But he's never been a Sean Lee type. A guy who rallies the troops.

That's not a criticism of Ware. People can't pretend to be who they're not.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Anybody who watched Hard Knocks way back when knows Jerry calls all the shots.
If a guy is screwing up in practice,( i.e. running the wrong routes), these coaches can't even threaten them with benching because the players know they'd have to clear it with jerry first.

Is this team really better than the 5-11 campo years or has parity just brought everybody back to us?

Zordon

Reaction score
OK.

But I think my critique of Ware is still correct. Great player. Not a leader. He'd rather just do his job.

He shows flashes. Like when he works with Tyron Smith after practice. But he's never been a Sean Lee type. A guy who rallies the troops.

That's not a criticism of Ware. People can't pretend to be who they're not.

Just listening to Ware's post-regular season media session on DC.com. The guy was asked several times what is the problem with the team and what needs to be fixed. His answer every time? "Get healthy, too many injuries"....:rolleyes:

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Jerry stuff is "tired" when it's Zoner against Zoner posting but from a player with this org for years it's enlightening for some and confirming to others.

No matter how tiring it is to hear it, it's the truth. You can not have a legitimate discussion about the Dallas Cowboys without Jerry being the focal point.

Don't hate me for saying it. He's made it that way.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Jerry stuff is "tired" when it's Zoner against Zoner posting but from a player with this org for years it's enlightening for some and confirming to others.

How enlightening is it when what he's saying isn't new? Other players have said it. He didn't add anything that I found all that interesting or new. Jerry does too much? Check. Players don't think Garrett is in charge? Check. Players lived rob Ryan? Check.

Same old. Same old.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No matter how tiring it is to hear it, it's the truth. You can not have a legitimate discussion about the Dallas Cowboys without Jerry being the focal point.

Sure you can when "insiders" add more to the discussion. If it's centered on Jerry, then that's all the discussion will be.

They could at least inquire about player battles,quirks, coaching dynamics. Just to add to the discussion.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Speaking from my perspective, mods probably find the 'Jerry stuff' tedious because it bleeds into and derails otherwise good threads. Also, it's tedious because it's been the case forever, and it isn't going to change in his lifetime, so it's a depressing topic, overall.

But, personally, I think this is awesome stuff. I love this sort of meaty criticism from someone who really ought to know. Sure, he's got a reason to be a bit inflammatory, but Spears is also a stand-up guy. I have little doubt he's describing what he's observed accurately.

I have a hard time believing these comments are enlightening to anybody. If Jerry's defended around here, it's usually against some bizarre off-the-wall criticism and not on the score that he meddles in the staff. Jerry himself has been very upfront about how the team is run in that regard. It's also the same stuff that's been said by players--including franchise greats like Darren Woodson--for years. Jerry's always been a mixed bag, and the only question is really 'how many of those things in the bag are chocolates, and how many are turds.'

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
How enlightening is it when what he's saying isn't new? Other players have said it. He didn't add anything that I found all that interesting or new. Jerry does too much? Check. Players don't think Garrett is in charge? Check. Players lived rob Ryan? Check.

Same old. Same old.

Yeah but that's the problem. Do you want him to make things up just for a breath of fresh air?

Jerry's the problem. He was the problem last year, this year and he'll be the problem next year. All other discussions about any other aspect of the team is really pointless. Until the Jerry problem is corrected the Cowboys won't win.

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
The best thing that could happen is that Garrett gets axed, goes on and has a huge amount of success.

Maybe then Jerry would be forced to realize that he is the problem.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
I don't think Spears said anything "enlightening." He didn't give one fact that average Joe Cowboys fan couldn't have told you.

Oh, Jerry walks around practice. WHO KNEW???? Another vanilla interview/report bashing Jerry without anything tangible.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Sure you can when "insiders" add more to the discussion. If it's centered on Jerry, then that's all the discussion will be.

They could at least inquire about player battles,quirks, coaching dynamics. Just to add to the discussion.
Woops, missed that lol.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score

You can't do that if you obsess over blaming everything on Jerry...

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah but that's the problem. Do you want him to make things up just for a breath of fresh air?

Jerry's the problem. He was the problem last year, this year and he'll be the problem next year. All other discussions about any other aspect of the team is really pointless. Until the Jerry problem is corrected the Cowboys won't win.

He doesn't have to.make anything up. Just add more to the discussion...even if the road leads back to jerry, there's a little more meat on the bone to chew on.

That's all i'm saying.