Marinelli accountability

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
If anything, the way they’ve overperformed with lesser talent in recent years, I expect them to be the strength of the team this season now that we finally have both talent and depth there. Especially if Crawford and Gregory catch breaks on the suspension front.
Overperformed. The defense has been letting this team down forever. Bottom in takeaways and sack % consistently every year while he's been dc. Everytime we get bounced from the playoffs its the defense that craps the bed. Dude should have been blown out when a one legged rodgers torched his D. Then byron jones watching rodgers throw a ball to his guy. Then the rams game. The cowboys have lost more games while scoring over 30 points then prolly any team in the league the last few years. Problem is marinelli wants yes men that will listen to him hence the jag fest on defense that we can never seem to get rid of. Church, bumdrick, ty craw, injury riddled snake lee. 0-16 coach shouldn't even have a job in the NFL

GhostOfPelluer

Reaction score
So true.

You got to love them though. Give them even a little talent and it becomes the OMGTEHBESTINZTALEAGUE!

The DL has some serious question marks and probably undermanned at DT.
One of the resident drama queens back at it.

GhostOfPelluer

Reaction score
Overperformed. The defense has been letting this team down forever. Bottom in takeaways and sack % consistently every year while he's been dc. Everytime we get bounced from the playoffs its the defense that craps the bed. Dude should have been blown out when a one legged rodgers torched his D. Then byron jones watching rodgers throw a ball to his guy. Then the rams game. The cowboys have lost more games while scoring over 30 points then prolly any team in the league the last few years. Problem is marinelli wants yes men that will listen to him hence the jag fest on defense that we can never seem to get rid of. Church, bumdrick, ty craw, injury riddled snake lee. 0-16 coach shouldn't even have a job in the NFL
There’s another, right on que

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I know this is your opinion. I won't argue the takeaway numbers, because they've legitimately been bad. Beyond that, I believe most of the evidence would suggest that the defense has been improving gradually over the time Marinelli's been here and as we've added talent. There was a time when neglecting the defense in both the draft and FA actually killed us, yes. But that was a while ago now.

0-16 as a HC on a different team isn't really all that relevant to his performance with the DL, which is what this thread is about. There's very little serious doubt about Marinelli's qualifications as a DL position coach. If that's the argument you're making, you wanna check your head. He's a top DL coach.

Fredbeard

Reaction score
I might be wrong but I think this is the last year of rod contract extension.,so if the defense regresses Rod will likely be gone.if the defense is equal to last season or improves , great. Either way it’s a win win for the cowboys

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I might be wrong but I think this is the last year of rod contract extension.,so if the defense regresses Rod will likely be gone.if the defense is equal to last season or improves , great. Either way it’s a win win for the cowboys

Rod’s a really good coach. He’s only in poor standing with Cowboys fans because he’s old and because people love Richard. It’s got nothing g to do with Marinelli’s actual coaching.

Verdict

Reaction score
I take it you're not a fan

I’m leaning that direction. I’m willing to be proven wrong. He keeps trying to fit players into a system rather than using his players to play to their strengths. He also seems to hate trash can of dirt NTs.

Yeah. I guess I’m not a huge fan of Rod.

Verdict

Reaction score

Hard to dispute any of that.

Fredbeard

Reaction score
Rod’s a really good coach. He’s only in poor standing with Cowboys fans because he’s old and because people love Richard. It’s got nothing g to do with Marinelli’s actual coaching.
Honestly I think both Rod and Kris are over rated. Pete Carroll is the one who built the “ legion of doom”I have nothing against Rod personally,I just think he is average coach at best Whose defense has been a liability in the playoffs .it also frustrates me that he deliberately neglects key positions to the detriment of his defense

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
The DL has pretty much performed above their talent level since he’s been here. They’ve played pretty well with the Hayden’s and Selvie’s of the world. I can’t imagine they wouldn’t play well with more talent.

I wouldn’t worry about the DL.
The Indianapolis Colts and LA Rams say HI.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Honestly I think both Rod and Kris are over rated. Pete Carroll is the one who built the “ legion of doom”I have nothing against Rod personally,I just think he is average coach at best Whose defense has been a liability in the playoffs .it also frustrates me that he deliberately neglects key positions to the detriment of his defense

We talking DC, DL, or both here?

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Totally agree. If Marinelli doesn't get this Dline to play up to its potential, especially during the playoffs, it's definitely time to let him go. His Defenses cost us during the 2014, 2016 & 2018 playoffs. Anyone else would have been fired by now. That's 3 very costly playoff season strikes where the Cowboys could and should have gone far in the playoffs had Marinelli made sure his Defense (particularly Dline) showed up.