Video: Marinelli Explains Hill

blueblood70

Reaction score
Trysten Hill is 6’3”, 308lbs, 33 & 3/8ths arms and big ole’ hands. Whoever’s saying that his body type is “more of the same” from Marinelli isn’t paying attention. He’s not a squatty 3DT that Rod has been famous for liking.
yup Donald is smaller with shorter arms.. hmmm

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Landy's been gone for 30 years and has been dead for 19. I loved Landry as much as the next guy, but who cares if he would have liked or approved of what the Cowboys are doing now? He was way past being due for a firing in 1989. The game has evolved.
Yeah, the game evolved but Marinelli didn't. Absolutely made no adjustments at halftime against the Rams and his Dline got run over all game long. Marinelli choked during the 2016 and 2014 playoffs as well. Guess you like a playoffs choking D-Coordinator?

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
W TF are you talking about? If we didnt know who RW was hed have to earn it like anyone else, remember he was a LB first and converted to DL..he most likely a LB today but whats the point, this has nothing to do with RW we are just discussing size and using RW one inch advantage vs his 50lb disadvantage, is just dumb..it not the right debate..

Is Aron Donald a small spark lug type, guess he sucks hate to have that short dude..:) whats his arm length? hmm 6'1 285 32 5/8 arms 9 7/8 hands get that short phucker off the field..
Sigh... okay bud.
I have no problem with Trysten Hill, or Randy White. One guy brought up RW and his size playing and I said you don't want a guy that small playing DT today.

INCowboysFan

Reaction score
Yeah, the game evolved but Marinelli didn't. Absolutely made no adjustments at halftime against the Rams and his Dline got run over all game long. Marinelli choked during the 2016 and 2014 playoffs as well. Guess you like a playoffs choking D-Coordinator?
Show me where I said I'm happy with the job Marinelli did against the Rams. Just gets under my skin with people bring up Landry or Jimmy and what they would or wouldn't have done today. Landry is dead and if Jimmy could still coach he wouldn't be working at Fox for 20 years. Do I think they could get better than Marinelli? I don't know, but I really thought they would have cut him loose with Linehan.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
NBUT POINT a lot said he was going to bust worst pick ever.. same as this but this is 2nd rounder..
I was against the LVE pick but never said he will be a bust. I thought he was more of a project but would be better than the other LB prospects later on. I wanted Rashaan Evans or DJ Moore

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Show me where I said I'm happy with the job Marinelli did against the Rams. Just gets under my skin with people bring up Landry or Jimmy and what they would or wouldn't have done today. Landry is dead and if Jimmy could still coach he wouldn't be working at Fox for 20 years. Do I think they could get better than Marinelli? I don't know, but I really thought they would have cut him loose with Linehan.
Jimmy could still coach he just doesn't want to deal with the grind. He's belichek's mentor and belichek is with him every year in the offseason fishing and talking football.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
You can't compare players size-wise between that era and now.

Randy White was 6-4, 257.

In 2019 a 280 pound DT is considered small.l

Hill does not have short arms.

Hill: 33-3/8"

For all DL at the 2019 combine, he was right in the middle in regards to arm length (.i.e. about as many had shorter arms as those that had longer arms).

I don't have that data divided into DT vs DE but by weight:
Over 300: Only 1 player 34" or more.

Over 285: Only 2 players 34" or more.

The range was 30-3/4" to 36". Only 2 players were over 35" and neither was a DT.

Most interior OL have shorter arms that most OTs; therefore, arm length is a bigger issue for DEs than DTs.

Also there is some trade-off in overall length (height and arm length).

Hill is 6-3 which is near the optimum height for DTs. Scouts worry about 6-0 DTs getting lost (engulfed) in the mix and 6-5+ DTs consistently playing with leverage.

The other DT that I liked in the late 2nd to 3rd was Khalen Saunders who is extremely quick at 324 pounds but I was concerned with his overall lack of length at 6-0, with 32-1/4" arms.
Change is inevitable. That's what I was getting at. Trying the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result is just stupid.

They put in the salary cap to stop Jerry Jones and we haven't won a SuperBowl since. I think we should try getting big and physical on defense. We haven't had a coach go that route since Parcells left.

Corso

Reaction score
Change is inevitable. That's what I was getting at. Trying the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result is just stupid.

They put in the salary cap to stop Jerry Jones and we haven't won a SuperBowl since. I think we should try getting big and physical on defense. We haven't had a coach go that route since Parcells left.
Jerry was the one spearheading the implementation of the salary cap bud.

Corso

Reaction score
now Taco on the other hand...sadly...I was right about. He still looks like a huge project.
Old boy needs plays on the field, but he's got to show out in practice to get those opps and he's got some talented guys ahead of him.
I think the best we see is he turns that corner and makes Quinn an afterthought.
I think the most likely thing we see is he's in on run downs and he doesn't get much chance to go after the QB.

Edit: Shoot... what if Gregory gets reinstated for this season too!
Won't be a good thing for him...

Corso

Reaction score
Yeah. After he had no choice. Meaning he helped establish its floor and ceiling.
Uh... I do believe he was the one of the originals who brought it up.
Remember: he has a Gold Jacket and a place in the HOF for his contributions to the NFL as an owner. Not as a GM.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
Uh... I do believe he was the one of the originals who brought it up.
Remember: he has a Gold Jacket and a place in the HOF for his contributions to the NFL as an owner. Not as a GM.
Nothing gets done without group approval. So the group had to agree that they needed a cap. Not one person, a group. This is Ego-Jerry we're talking about.. He'll take credit for anything. Remember the Jerry and Jimmy feud. I'm not saying he was not an intricate part of that process but it was a group effort in the end.

Corso

Reaction score
Nothing gets done without group approval. So the group had to agree that they needed a cap. Not one person, a group. This is Ego-Jerry we're talking about.. He'll take credit for anything. Remember the Jerry and Jimmy feud. I'm not saying he was not an intricate part of that process but it was a group effort in the end.
Not one thing you just said negates the truth.
They didn't create the salary cap to stop him.
It was created because he was a big part of being the brainchild and convincing said group approval.
He was the guy, like I said, spearheading it.

Not it got done and he took credit.

Now why don't we just be honest with history, yes?

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
Not one thing you just said negates the truth.
They didn't create the salary cap to stop him.
It was created because he was a big part of being the brainchild and convincing said group approval.
He was the guy, like I said, spearheading it.

Not it got done and he took credit.

Now why don't we just be honest with history, yes?
Logic says that he was sitting at a round table with other owners trying to find a way to stop big spending owners like him and Snyder. I just going off of what several commentators said during that time. I was not sitting in on those meetings. But according to their reports it was put in to stop Jerry and Snyder from buying Superbowls.

Corso

Reaction score
Logic says that he was sitting at a round table with other owners trying to find a way to stop big spending owners like him and Snyder. I just going off of what several commentators said during that time. I was not sitting in on those meetings. But according to their reports it was put in to stop Jerry and Snyder from buying Superbowls.
Dear Lord...
You and your "logic". That's just fun!
There is a thing called facts and the fact is: Jerry came up with the Salary Cap and presented it to the owners.
Not you, not some other owner, not some goob from Gooberville...
Jerry spearheaded this.

Stop being that doofus.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
Dear Lord...
You and your "logic". That's just fun!
There is a thing called facts and the fact is: Jerry came up with the Salary Cap and presented it to the owners.
Not you, not some other owner, not some goob from Gooberville...
Jerry spearheaded this.

Stop being that doofus.
Just a heads up about me... I like agitating people even though I know I'm wrong ; or am I?