Twitter: Marinelli: Trysten Hill is "regressing"

acer941

Reaction score
It is moronic that most people just automatically believe anything on twitter.

It is also moronic to just give up on a player when Marinelli has said that the player give great effort in practices.

I’ve never seen such an early draft pick struggle so badly to even be active for a game, better yet get on the field. Plenty of opportunities to get him on the field, especially in garbage time if they wanted.

Mr_437

Reaction score
Hill was regressing in college from the look of things. Oh well, just get Jerry to slide that extension across the table to Maliek Collins.

Next time draft a grown man for Rod and leave him out the discussion.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
It is moronic that most people just automatically believe anything on twitter.

It is also moronic to just give up on a player when Marinelli has said that the player give great effort in practices.

Just last week xwalker learned the difference between a 3-4 and 4-3 defense.

Think about that.

acer941

Reaction score
yeah...way to boost a rookies confidence. Don't think "tough love" is the answer here. If you go back and watch the tape...he's hustling to the football. He just needs to get stronger...better technique...which would come from better coaching.

He’d better atleast do that. The games are televised nationwide meaning his family & friends are all watching.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
If he is regressing then he needs a mysterious injury and put him on ir

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Soft is definitely the vibe I get moreso than lazy.
They knew. We all knew.

They just tried to justify it. They blamed a new coaching staff for his decrease in playing time.

I love scouting but realize I don't get to see everything nor do I know everything. This was one evaluation that I tried and tried to go back to see what I was missing on him. They just flat out blew this one. They wanted to seem clever and act as if they stole a 1st round talent in the late 2nd. I talked to coaches who said he was a headcase. I talked to scouts from two teams who said they had Day 3 grades on him. One of my former players did predraft workouts with him in Orlando and said he is the laziest, softest kid he's ever seen. If I have access to this info, you know the Cowboys do.

lonestar2288

Reaction score
I can't speak for others, but this report does not effect the opinion I had/have on the kid. His tape, the underwear Olympics, his interviews...all left most scouts underwhelmed. Dallas was in the minority of who felt he was a 2nd day pick. If it walks lik a duck, quacks like a duck...

Verdict

Reaction score
I’ve never seen such an early draft pick struggle so badly to even be active for a game, better yet get on the field. Plenty of opportunities to get him on the field, especially in garbage time if they wanted.

It’s pretty telling that the team FORCED Taco in the lineup even when his play didn’t warrant it, and they won’t even make Hill active on game day.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Oh well, just get Jerry to slide that extension across the table to Maliek Collins
No, he's got an on-again off-again motor. Unless he signs for cheap I would let someone else give him a payday.

Ideally, you don't want to have to replace too much at once but the Cowboys have a unique chance to "fix" this issue this off-season.

Starts with moving on from Coach Marinelli and his outdated schemes and philosophies.

Then, you let all of the free agents walk:

Maliek Collins
Christian Covington
Daniel Ross
*I'd be okay with keeping Covington on a short-term, team friendly deal.

You keep Antwaun Woods with a cheap, 1-year tender since he's a Restricted Free Agent.

Michael Bennett is likely gone since the Cowboys restructured his deal to make him a free agent. If he keeps playing well, isn't a looker room issue, and will resign for a reasonable contract, fine. Otherwise, it was always meant to be a short-term rental.

You have to move on from Tyrone Crawford. I know they love him as a person but there is no way he's worth the $8M in cap room cutting him creates.

You need 4 guys here, 5 if one can plays inside or outside.

Antwaun Woods - 1-year tender.
Trysten Hill - We all may hate it but unless he gets arrested or something, he'll absolutely get another year to show something.
Free agent - Can be Christian Covington or similar cheap guy. I'd love to see us upgrade and steal Houston's D.J. Reader (6'3" 347, Age 25)

nose-tackle-dj-reader-of-the-houston-texans-pursues-the-play-against-picture-id589528110

Impact player - Other contract issues will prevent us for going after him, but if we got bold, Chris Jones (6'6", 310, Age 25) is going to be a free agent. The Chiefs have significantly less cap room than we do in 2020 and they will spend more on Mahomes than we will with Prescott. Also, Dak and Jones are close so if Dak has any sway, he could be a target.
Chris+Jones+Kansas+City+Chiefs+v+Dallas+Cowboys+LbwldjMLxkEl.jpg

Two prominent names that could be available for the Cowboys in the first round are Auburn's Derrick Brown and South Carolina's Javon Kinlaw. Either would be impact players in the Cowboys interior.
auburn-vs-mercer-football-46844504d50aa666.jpg

unnamed-22.jpg

kskboys

Reaction score
I can't speak for others, but this report does not effect the opinion I had/have on the kid. His tape, the underwear Olympics, his interviews...all left most scouts underwhelmed. Dallas was in the minority of who felt he was a 2nd day pick. If it walks lik a duck, quacks like a duck...
I truly believe he'd have been there in the 4th or later. Jerry falls for these underwear olympics risers. Escobar was rated a 5th rounder and suddenly started climbing the boards for no reason. Sometimes I think smart coaches like Belly and Harbaugh plant these type seeds so more good players will be there when they draft.

Froski

Reaction score
Thats why they traded for Bennett and changed it to a 1 year rental. Pretty sure they're going to draft a DT without Rod's influence. When a player has "issues" with coaching. That is almost always a red flag. You need guys who wants to pushed and can take constructive criticism.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Imagine a defensive line of:

Anchor: Demarcus Lawrence
1Tech: D.J. Reader (free agent)
3Tech: Javon Kinlaw (draft)
Rush: Robert Quinn (if re-signed)

The average fan might not recognize those names inside but they would be a much better team up front; LVE and Jaylon would be better because of it.

Zordon

Reaction score
Imagine a defensive line of:

Anchor: Demarcus Lawrence
1Tech: D.J. Reader (free agent)
3Tech: Javon Kinlaw (draft)
Rush: Robert Quinn (if re-signed)

The average fan might not recognize those names inside but they would be a much better team up front; LVE and Jaylon would be better because of it.
Texans seem to be really good at evaluating dline talent. I'd like to snatch whatever scout is responsible for that.