Marinelli's Legacy of Misevaluation

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Yes I heard that, how true I don't know . Recall hearing they took fit. Most analyst felt Watt was an OLB in 3-4
yes the mistake, never neglect a talent because of a positional grade from a well groomed Mel Kiper.
Always draft the talent,, why is this concept so hard for the so called professionals to understand,, most of us on a friendly forum can understand this.

dsturgeon

Reaction score
No kidding. Rod thought he'd struck late round gold and Ivie has had 3 years in the league w 6 teams with 2 tackles for his career. Rod took our defense into the dark ages and its still trying to recover.

He took our team into the dark ages?

Look at the 2014 roster

In 6 years he got

1st round picks for Rod
Byron-good player
Taco-(would have been a better pick if he played RDE instead of LDE)
Leighton-played good for Rod

2nd round picks
Hill-developing
Cheeto-good player
Jaylon-injury problems
Gregory-good player
Dlaw-good player

He got 27th, 28th and 19th picks in the first round
He got 34th, 60th, 34th, 60th and 58th picks in the second
Some good picks in later rounds

The cowboys defense was not an all around good defense, but if he took them into the dark ages with those picks, what were they in before?

Last edited:

stilltheguru

Reaction score

Look at the 2014 roster

In 6 years he got

1st round picks for Rod
Byron-good player

2nd round picks
Hill-developing
Cheeto-good player
Jaylon-injury problems
Gregory-good player
Dlaw-good player

The cowboys defense was not an all around good defense, but if he took them into the dark ages with those picks, what were they in before?
:laugh:

chagus

Reaction score
Rod had a chance to make this defense great again... and failed. Players out of position. Misevaluation. Yeah, that's pretty dark to me.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Look at the 2014 roster

In 6 years he got

1st round picks for Rod
Byron-good player

2nd round picks
Hill-developing
Cheeto-good player
Jaylon-injury problems
Gregory-good player
Dlaw-good player

That's quite the limbo bar of lowered expectations you've got going there.

dsturgeon

Reaction score
Rod had a chance to make this defense great again... and failed. Players out of position. Misevaluation. Yeah, that's pretty dark to me.

I am not saying the defense was good, but how did he take the defense into the dark ages, and when was it good?

Byron, Dlaw, and cheeto are good players. Leighton and Hill should turn out to be pretty good. Gregory and Jaylon were shots in the 2nd to get 1st round talent. Gregory is unfortunate, but he is a top talent, and will be good now. Jaylon could have been good.

So, he misevaluated 3rd + round talent? How many picks did he have 3rd+ and what percentage of superstars were you guys wanting?

chagus

Reaction score
I am not saying the defense was good, but how did he take the defense into the dark ages, and when was it good?

Byron, Dlaw, and cheeto are good players. Leighton and Hill should turn out to be pretty good. Gregory and Jaylon were shots in the 2nd to get 1st round talent. Gregory is unfortunate, but he is a top talent, and will be good now. Jaylon could have been good.

So, he misevaluated 3rd + round talent? How many picks did he have 3rd+ and what percentage of superstars were you guys wanting?

Is my use of "dark ages" the issue? Ok. They just sucked. There. They could've and should've been better, but weren't.