Marion Barber didnt follow dress code

28 Joker

28 Joker
Reaction score
Garrett didn't punish Barber enough (IMO), but he has this team playing hard.

I give him credit...

Orlando Scandrick just played the ball...

This defense has been playing without Newman or Jenkins or both...

fffiasco

Reaction score
Felix was the starter for the game. You don't want to be too aggressive with the punishment. Barber is well respected in the lockerroom and if Garrett went over the top with the punishment it could have caused a bigger problem. I'm sure Barber will get a fine or some sort of punishment in addition to losing his "starter" tag.

Zman5

Reaction score
fffiasco;3695899 said:
Felix was the starter for the game. You don't want to be too aggressive with the punishment. Barber is well respected in the lockerroom and if Garrett went over the top with the punishment it could have caused a bigger problem. I'm sure Barber will get a fine or some sort of punishment in addition to losing his "starter" tag.

Actually this has been the biggest problem for Wade's regime. Coaches tip toeing around the player's feelings instead of players being respectful of the coaches and his policies.

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
Garrett must be playing mind games with Barber. He started and Barber was all excited on his 2 runs to start the game, thinking he's in for a big game. Since then, Felix has gotten all the carries. Trying a different approach to punishment I guess. Like a type of mental torture:laugh2:

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Punishment will probably be kept internal and we will never know what it is. That is the way it should be.

28 Joker

28 Joker
Reaction score
Hostile;3695926 said:
Punishment will probably be kept internal and we will never know what it is. That is the way it should be.

I agree..

Again,

Very impressed with what I just saw...

Extremely impressed...

Felix Jones fits in Garrett's scheme...

Garrett has done some nice things with him.. My main problem was Felix not getting the ball enough...

Garrett needs an offensive line that can block a counter..

That is one of Garrett's bread and butter plays to get Felix to grass...

Dallas can't block the play, anymore...

Dawgs0916

Will the Thrill
Reaction score
Hostile;3695926 said:

Although your right on this particular issue, I feel that anything JG does, your just going to say that its the exact right way things should be done..

cowfan

Reaction score
Maybe, he should have been left in Dallas. If it is a rule and Barber knowingly broke it then he should be punished. I still believe he should be suspended a game because he's acting like a spoiled child and see how much he can get away with.

Hagman

Put Niland and Green in the ROH
Reaction score
cowfan;3695982 said:
Maybe, he should have been left in Dallas. If it is a rule and Barber knowingly broke it then he should be punished. I still believe he should be suspended a game because he's acting like a spoiled child and see how much he can get away with.

Then again, he could be on the bench because of bad play as much as his dress. Just guessing.:)

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Dawgs0916;3695974 said:
Although your right on this particular issue, I feel that anything JG does, your just going to say that its the exact right way things should be done..
I am no one's yes man. I've already disagreed with a couple things, including this. I would have made him an example.

Jimz31

The Sarcastic One
Reaction score
Hostile;3696052 said:
I am no one's yes man. I've already disagreed with a couple things, including this. I would have made him an example.

I think you are correct in this....I don't think we'll know. Keep the "real" punishment in house....but something "public" should be done and I have a feeling that we'll only be told that it was a fine.

bsheeern

Reaction score
Hostile;3696052 said:

I'm on the Garrett bandwagon for sure. Just listening to the man talk gives me a HC feeling. He made mistakes as a OC for sure and will as head coach but I'm a Garrett fan so far.

Deep_South

Reaction score
Before the game, Barber not wearing a tie really did seem like a big deal. But, after watching the game, it is obvious that Garrett knows what he is doing and will do whatever he thinks is appropriate.

He took the laughing stock of the league into NYC and beat the Giants in a convincing fashion. He can do whatever he wants to about Barber, and it is fine with me.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
nake;3697507 said:
Before the game, Barber not wearing a tie really did seem like a big deal. But, after watching the game, it is obvious that Garrett knows what he is doing and will do whatever he thinks is appropriate.

He took the laughing stock of the league into NYC and beat the Giants in a convincing fashion. He can do whatever he wants to about Barber, and it is fine with me.

:starspin

I give this whole team, owner, coach, and players...all the credit for something that is going to happen.

BAZ

Drunken Mick
Reaction score
Do you know whats great about this forum. A Thread about Barbers apparel will go 20 pages, but the "The Congratulations Coach Garrett On Your First HC Win Thread" won't get to ten. Good fecing times.

Gemini Dolly

Reaction score
calvinwatkins

Jason Garrett said Marion Barber didn't violate any team rules.

====
Hmmmm

Jimz31

The Sarcastic One
Reaction score
Gemini Dolly;3697654 said:
calvinwatkins

Jason Garrett said Marion Barber didn't violate any team rules.

====
Hmmmm

Did he follow up? Or just leave it at that?

Is this a case of just keep saying it loud enough and people will believe it?

I find it hard to believe that multiple reporters were reporting it and that "some of the players were upset about it..." yet MBIII did nothing wrong?

What were they upset about then?

Is there a difference between "Jason Garrett" rules and "team" rules?

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
I will be curious to find out how true all of this is.

Anyway, my initial reaction if I were Garrett would be to calmly tell Barber that the Dallas Cowboys are going to NY in shirts and ties, ... if you want, you are welcome to come and go with us. Or you can stay here in your casual wear.

Love to have you, but it's your choice.

I would not have allowed him to join the team without dressing the same as all of the others.

I said that would have been my initial reaction, .. I will be curious to hear Garretts thinking on this, if we ever do.

GO Pats :steelers:

DallasCowpoke

Fierce Allegiance
Reaction score
IMO, if this team truly wants to send a message of change and that they're not just a group of dysfunctional quitters, the players themselves would be the ones to "enforce" whatever "rules" were handed down by the HC.

Being questioned and outed by your peers as to why you feel you're better than us and don't have to conform, will reveal unequivocally this individuals motives and allegiance.

It can, and does work just as well on a sports team as it does in the military.