Marion Barber didnt follow dress code

VThokie7

Reaction score
RCowboyFan;3694904 said:
IF he does start, then I am really dissappointed with JG, then I expect this game to be a blowout again. Its a minor thing but on big picture it shoots his credibility completely. HE is not the guy who I thought would be I guess. But then I guess whether he followed the dress code or not, I would like to know, i.e. he had a good excuse or not. Can't think of any that he can have that would be legitimate.

Maybe Marion tried the ol' don't own a suit excuse :laugh2:

SDCowboy

Reaction score
VThokie7;3694923 said:
Maybe Marion tried the ol' don't own a suit excuse :laugh2:

:laugh2: Just like back in high school. Maybe he'll add that his parents can't afford one.

28 Joker

28 Joker
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;3694517 said:
True. I'd have cut him before anyway, because he pretty much can't play anymore, he won't be back next year, and Lonyae Miller looked pretty good in preseason and would probably contribute on special teams. So doing it now would be convenient timing.

But again, the weird thing is that by all reports, Garrett is the one who insisted on starting Barber because "he wants to establish a physical presence." I remember when Garrett used to absolutely gush about Barber after the '07 season.

Excellent comments and thoughts.

I couldn't have said it any better.

Who wanted to waste all that money and over pay for Marion Barber?

Jerry Jones couldn't have possibly asked Jason Garrett about his opinion, before Marion Barber's ridiculous contract was signed?

How ironic this is, indeed.

IMO, Jason Garrett shouldn't have let him on the plane. He broke the rule.

Jeff Fisher made Vince Young by his own ticket to Philadelphia, after Young was late. Fisher left him at the airport.

Barber shouldn't play at all due to violating team rules today.

In fact, I think that he should be cut now.

A strong head coach would cut him now, imo.

Do I really need a slow running, overpaid running back, who will not be on the team next year.

Jason Garrett can go 2-14 without the overrated Barber.

Are you getting your money's worth, Puppet Master? :lmao:

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
If it happened, then Garrett has to make a stand.

All eyes are on him.

Someone ALWAYS tests the new boss. Be it football or any other business.

How he responds will speak volumes to the team.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Fonz;3694906 said:
If he start I will quit caring for this team as long as Jerry control it. I am tired of empty promises.
You're not providing yourself with much wiggle room. :eek::

wileedog

Reaction score
TheCoolFan;3694919 said:
Jason Garrett knows he is auditioning and needs to get a win. A win against the Giants would impress Jerry more than discipline IMO. So Garrett is not gonna bench the guy who he thinks is the best RB on the roster and gives them the "best chance" of winning :(

He also knows that Jerry has set the bar for success at changing the culture of the team, not on wins and losses.

He definitely has some leeway to bench some "better" players IMO if his message is going to get through.

chuffly

Reaction score
WoodysGirl;3694889 said:
espn_macmahon Tim MacMahon

Marion Barber is active and warming up. If he starts, Jason Garrett's emphasis on discipline this week was pointless.

That's cool. He probably doesn't want to pull a muscle bringing Choice gatorade on the sidelines.

Romo2Dez4six

Touchdown!!!!
Reaction score
TheCoolFan;3694919 said:
Jason Garrett knows he is auditioning and needs to get a win. A win against the Giants would impress Jerry more than discipline IMO. So Garrett is not gonna bench the guy who he thinks is the best RB on the roster and gives them the "best chance" of winning :(
i thought he stated that he didn't think barber should be the starter???

28 Joker

28 Joker
Reaction score
Juke99;3694929 said:
If it happened, then Garrett has to make a stand.

All eyes are on him.

Someone ALWAYS tests the new boss. Be it football or any other business.

How he responds will speak volumes to the team.

The class has a new teacher, and the new teacher is being tested.

This is a big deal.

If you want control of the class, you have to take charge and make an example of the major discipline problems in the class.

It sink or swim for Garrett.

He will either take care of Barber and eliminate his disruptions, or lose all credibility.

I've know of problem students being kicked out of classrooms for good.

ZeroClub

just trying to get better
Reaction score
41gy#;3694940 said:
The class has a new teacher, and the new teacher is being tested.

This is a big deal.

If you want control of the class, you have to take charge and make an example of the major discipline problems in the class.

It sink or swim for Garrett.

He will either take care of Barber and eliminate his disruptions, or lose all credibility.

I've know of problem students being kicked out of classrooms for good.

Some of it depends on what the Principal lets the teacher do.

rcaldw

Reaction score
WoodysGirl;3694446 said:
OMG, he didn't wear a suit. Get out your pitchforks and axes y'all. He should be PUNISHED! PUNISHED, I tell you..

Actual discipline: Probably a hefty fine.

As little as he plays now, will it matter if he's benched or his play is reduced? *shrug*

This attitude is precisely what is wrong with this team. And not just a football team, btw, but our culture as a whole. Rules do matter. Bench his rear end.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;3694408 said:
Steve Dennis just said on the Channel 11 game day show that Marion Barber showed up to the team plane in jeans and tennis shoes.

With the big deal being made about the tie addition, sure seems like that couldn't have been an accident.

Like Dennis said, something needs to happen to him, right? Wonder what.

This is classic "test the waters" behavior.

Its like when you tell your kid not to do something and he does it anyway just to see if you are actually going to do anything about it. If Garrett doesnt do anything then the players know he is just blowing smoke up their butts.

Garrett has to do something to show the rest of the team that he means business.

FLCowboyFan

Hoping to be half the man Tom Landry was.
Reaction score
I'd rather lose by 30 without Barber (assuming the story is true) than win with him! Sit him, send a message, the team will be better for it

Hagman

Put Niland and Green in the ROH
Reaction score
WWJD--What would Jimmy do?

Bench his butt.

FLCowboyFan

Hoping to be half the man Tom Landry was.
Reaction score
I thought that was What Would ***** Do?

He would probably bench him as well :lmao2: