Marion Barber didnt follow dress code

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
With the possible exception of the quarterback, no one player is above the team. This is very disappointing to find out about Barber. Whatever punishment Garrett would deem necessary to correct this kind of unnecessary nonsense should be supported 100%.

What is Barber's excuse? What? "Ties choke me"??? Silliness.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
OMG, he didn't wear a suit. Get out your pitchforks and axes y'all. He should be PUNISHED! PUNISHED, I tell you..

Actual discipline: Probably a hefty fine.

As little as he plays now, will it matter if he's benched or his play is reduced? *shrug*

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Hostile;3694431 said:
I'd sit him for at least the 1st quarter if I were Garrett.

Well, now we will get to see what Garrett does. Is he all bark and no bite?

If he plays Barber, he better fine him big time, not this $100.00 crap. I would sit him for the whole 1st half...!

tupperware

A Plastic Container
Reaction score
WoodysGirl;3694446 said:
OMG, he didn't wear a suit. Get out your pitchforks and axes y'all. He should be PUNISHED! PUNISHED, I tell you..

As little as he plays now, will it matter if he's benched or his play is reduced? *shrug*
Of course it will matter. It isn't just about showing Marion Barber who runs this team, it's about making the message clear to the rest of these guys that it's my way or the high way. This kind of message isn't just important for any rules unrelated to football but it goes for on the field, as well.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
WoodysGirl;3694446 said:

Looks like you don't get it either. If your employer says something is mandatory....you do it, or lose our job.

jimmy40

Reaction score
5Stars;3694427 said:
Did Wade make the team wear suit and ties?

:cool: :rolleyes:
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: wow that's fun. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

now, did Garrett wear a coat and tie when he was OC? Did he want to look professional before? If he did that's awesome, if he didn't then it comes off as being fake now. I'm not excusing Barber for not following rules.

Mansta54

Reaction score
WoodysGirl;3694446 said:

Sorry WG, but you're missing the entire point of TEAM and following orders. This team has missed that for way too long now.. It's very important and that includes wearing a suit...

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
WoodysGirl;3694446 said:

Its not about what he wore. It is about following the rules and getting with the program. He is suppose to be a veteran leader and he is rebelling like a 4th grader. This is the exact mentality that has this team where it is today.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
tupperware;3694449 said:
Of course it will matter. It isn't just about showing Marion Barber who runs this team, it's about making the message clear to the rest of these guys that it's my way or the high way. This kind of message isn't just important for any rules unrelated to football but it goes for on the field, as well.

5Stars;3694450 said:
Looks like you don't get it either. If your employer says something is mandatory....you do it, or lose our job.

Mansta54;3694452 said:
Sorry WG, but you're missing the entire point of TEAM and following orders. This team has missed that for way too long now.. It's very important and that includes wearing a suit...

Doomsday;3694453 said:
Its not about what he wore. It is about following the rules and getting with the program. He is suppose to be a veteran leader and he is rebelling like a 4th grader. This is the exact mentality that has this team where it is today.
Oh I get it.. and yeah, he should be disciplined. But the outrage displayed is humorous to me.

Pitchfork and knives crowd..

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
justbob;3694424 said:
Maybe he is pouting cause he is already benched

I actually wondered about that myself.

Sure would be weird, though, considering that by all reports Jason was the one who loved Barber so much before.

Mansta54

Reaction score
WoodysGirl;3694457 said:
Oh I get it.. and yeah, he should be disciplined. But the outrage displayed is humorous to me.

It's not humorous to folks who've been a part of a team and had to follow orders.. It brings UNITY and order, nothing funny about it at all. It's needed!!!

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
WoodysGirl;3694457 said:

Kitty cats and teddy bears crowd...

StevenOtero

Reaction score
WoodysGirl;3694457 said:

I see the humor in it, but at the same time I feel the outrage.

Just when you thought things were looking better and getting turned around for the Cowboys, some clown named Barber has to spoil it all.

Handoff to Barber, he tries to break it outside, gain of 2 yards, Barber celebrates with a fury!

:rolleyes:

Doomsay

Reaction score
justbob;3694424 said:
I would left him at the airport...Maybe he is pouting cause he is already benched
That's what I thought.