Marion Barber didnt follow dress code

tupperware

A Plastic Container
Reaction score
Hostile;3694502 said:
I am actually very mad at Marion right now. I am liking the idea of not taking him on the plane more and more. I honestly think he should not get to fly with the team.
Yeah it just doesn't make sense. He forgot? Really?

Can't afford a suit? Really?
Don't like wearing suits?
Dog ate it?

Seriously, what excuse is there other than "I'm not going to follow your orders JG"

Jed_70

Reaction score
Hopefully this is a sign that he's been benched for this game. Personally I'd love to go a week without having to watch him dance around after a 3 yard "burst" up the middle.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Eskimo;3694505 said:
I'd take a page out of the Jimmy Johnson playbook here.

Cut him and don't let him fly home on the team plane. Barber is very expendable at this point in his career and he won't be back next year anyway. It will send a message to the team that JG means business.

True. I'd have cut him before anyway, because he pretty much can't play anymore, he won't be back next year, and Lonyae Miller looked pretty good in preseason and would probably contribute on special teams. So doing it now would be convenient timing.

But again, the weird thing is that by all reports, Garrett is the one who insisted on starting Barber because "he wants to establish a physical presence." I remember when Garrett used to absolutely gush about Barber after the '07 season.

yimyammer

Reaction score
Eskimo;3694505 said:
I'd take a page out of the Jimmy Johnson playbook here.

Cut him and don't let him fly home on the team plane. Barber is very expendable at this point in his career and he won't be back next year anyway. It will send a message to the team that JG means business.

gawd, I'd love to see that, I'm sick to death of the politically correct BS

Jed_70

Reaction score
tupperware;3694513 said:
Yeah it just doesn't make sense. He forgot? Really?

Can't afford a suit? Really?
Don't like wearing suits?
Dog ate it?

Seriously, what excuse is there other than "I'm not going to follow your orders JG"

There's no excuse. After the week they went through everyone should be up to speed on the changes.

IMO, he's purposely acting out.

sbark

Reaction score
with a 1-7 team going nowhere, you have to have some absolutes---you have to start somewhere, not everything can be grey areas

So is this a point where say for instance the vets, the team captains take a stance and back up whoever they want to

its a decision point for team direction........build, or does it need to broken down further......

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Thankfully Barber plays a position that the team can afford to discipline him by making him sit.

If there's one guy who should know his time as a Cowboy is limited it's Barber.

But maybe that's why he is doing it. Because he just doesn't care.

The Fonz

Correctamundo
Reaction score
If you allow this Punk to get away no one will take the new coach seriously.
Today the dress code tomorrow missing the assignment.Basically you don't let the inmates run the asylum.Wasn't this the reason we let Wade go.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
WoodysGirl;3694457 said:
Oh I get it.. and yeah, he should be disciplined. But the outrage displayed is humorous to me.

Pitchfork and knives crowd..

Come on, if Woody were the coach he would send a strong message too. Have you heard him lately ?

NeonNinja

Dash28
Reaction score
MichaelWinicki;3694524 said:
Thankfully Barber plays a position that the team can afford to discipline him by making him sit.

If there's one guy who should know his time as a Cowboy is limited it's Barber.

But maybe that's why he is doing it. Because he just doesn't care.
This.

I'm sure he knows his time is up and is acting out now. Peace out Marion.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jarv;3694526 said:
Come on, if Woody were the coach he would send a strong message too. Have you heard him lately ?
I don't think I suggested he shouldn't be disciplined....and yes I have.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
WoodysGirl;3694446 said:
OMG, he didn't wear a suit. Get out your pitchforks and axes y'all. He should be PUNISHED! PUNISHED, I tell you..

Actual discipline: Probably a hefty fine.

As little as he plays now, will it matter if he's benched or his play is reduced? *shrug*

I happen to think this is a big deal. That is a complete slap in Garretts face. How Garrett handles this is an even bigger issue.

It won't matter in the win/loss column if he plays or not becasue he stinks, but it matters immensely moving forward as far as how seriously this is handled.

It was a punk move and something Wade would have probably shunned. I am personally wanting to move on to better things than this nonsense.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
Interesting that it would happen from Barber.

This is the same Garrett who said Barber was a "football player" as absolute compliment after the 2007 loss to the Giants in the playoffs.

My how things have changed.

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;3694517 said:
Garrett is the one who insisted on starting Barber because "he wants to establish a physical presence." I remember when Garrett used to absolutely gush about Barber after the '07 season.
Right after '07, there was plenty to gush about.

Maybe he just wanted Marion to like him. :)

Funxva

Inventor of the Whizzinator
Reaction score
I have to say, that I work for the Army as a Civillian. I was hired on after being a contractor for some time, where there was no dress code for contractors.

Even though I am doing essentially the same job, now that I am a civillian, there is a Dress Code. I wear a Tie, Slacks and a dress shirt every single day. I work around Computers, but it's about direction from the top down. I made the mistake of not wearing a tie on my first Friday there. I had a Sweater over my button down shirt and slacks.

It didn't matter. I got sent home like a little kid from school to go and grab a tie. I never made the same mistake again!

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
I've been out this week, but I am confused why Barber would even do this. Has there been a rift between he and Jason? JG really has no choice but to discipline him or his authority will be derailed after the first week on the job. Extremely unprofessional move by Barber if this is true in it's current context.