Marion Barber didnt follow dress code

sacase

Reaction score
suspend him for the game for violating team rules. That way he misses his game check. Don't want to play by the rules, don't get paid.

el_chevo

El Serrano
Reaction score
WoodysGirl;3694446 said:
OMG, he didn't wear a suit. Get out your pitchforks and axes y'all. He should be PUNISHED! PUNISHED, I tell you..

Actual discipline: Probably a hefty fine.

As little as he plays now, will it matter if he's benched or his play is reduced? *shrug*

Hmmmm... Of course it will. Make an example out if him, otherwise the coach's words are hollow and carry no weight with the other members of the team.

Doomsay

Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;3694460 said:
I actually wondered about that myself.

Sure would be weird, though, considering that by all reports Jason was the one who loved Barber so much before.

Right, that would challenge the not taking orders from the owner's suite theory.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Mansta54;3694463 said:
It's not humorous to folks who've been a part of a team and had to follow orders.. It brings UNITY and order, nothing funny about it at all. It's needed!!!

otero1;3694465 said:
I see the humor in it, but at the same time I feel the outrage.

Just when you thought things were looking better and getting turned around for the Cowboys, some clown named Barber has to spoil it all.

Handoff to Barber, he tries to break it outside, gain of 2 yards, Barber celebrates with a fury!

:rolleyes:
Hey y'all are welcome to the outrage. I think some of it is over the top.

Should he have complied? Absolutely. Should he be disciplined? Absolutely.

I hope Barber doesn't bleed too much from the puncture wounds.

tupperware

A Plastic Container
Reaction score
WoodysGirl;3694474 said:
Hey y'all are welcome to the outrage. I think some of it is over the top.

Should he have complied? Absolutely. Should he be disciplined? Absolutely.

I hope Barber doesn't bleed too much from the puncture wounds.
It's as much shock as it is outrage though. I'm genuinely shocked out of all the players on this team Barber is the one not complying.

DanteEXT

Reaction score
Now I may be slightly leaning more towards the 'suit and tie won't make a difference crowd', I agree the guy needs disciplined in some way. Rule is a rule.

Maybe he wants out?

SupermanXx

Benched
Reaction score
WoodysGirl;3694446 said:
OMG, he didn't wear a suit. Get out your pitchforks and axes y'all. He should be PUNISHED! PUNISHED, I tell you..

Actual discipline: Probably a hefty fine.

As little as he plays now, will it matter if he's benched or his play is reduced? *shrug*

it's not about the suit, it's about the blatant breaking of a team rule... you're smarter than that WG

edit: nvm, 200 people beat me to it... haha

FLCowboyFan

Hoping to be half the man Tom Landry was.
Reaction score
I am a senior manager and I would fire a person that blatantly thumbed their noses at a company policy. If they didn't know about the policy it would be another matter. But in this case there is no way you can say he didn't know.

Rules, no matter how you view them, must be enforced to have respect and discipline in any team.

You don't need to be a jerk about it either. Simply apply an appropriate punishment for breaking the rule. Barber disrespected the head coach and must learn it won't be tolerated!

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
tupperware;3694484 said:
It's as much shock as it is outrage though. I'm genuinely shocked out of all the players on this team Barber is the one not complying.

You never know, though... Marion was supposedly one the ones most on TO's "side" during the whole 2008 fiasco, and we know TO didn't like Garrett.

And Crayton insisted that the mole back then wasn't a player... And Werder is a big Garrett bud from back in the good ol' Glory Days...

Hmm... :holmes: :laugh2:

TD-33

Benched
Reaction score
Sorry but he get's the benefit of a doubt here until I get the full story. If there is a story.
If he blatantly did as reported, benching the 1st quarter would send a good message.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
I am actually very mad at Marion right now. I am liking the idea of not taking him on the plane more and more. I honestly think he should not get to fly with the team.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
WoodysGirl;3694457 said:
Oh I get it.. and yeah, he should be disciplined. But the outrage displayed is humorous to me.

Pitchfork and knives crowd..

That goes to show just how bad things are. Some ar holding hope that a dress code is suddenly going to make contendas outs dez boys.:)

Eskimo

Reaction score
I'd take a page out of the Jimmy Johnson playbook here.

Cut him and don't let him fly home on the team plane. Barber is very expendable at this point in his career and he won't be back next year anyway. It will send a message to the team that JG means business.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Hostile;3694502 said:
I am actually very mad at Marion right now. I am liking the idea of not taking him on the plane more and more. I honestly think he should not get to fly with the team.

What do you think The Jimmy would have done?

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
When all is said and done, Garrett will inflict the type of punishment he feels gets the point over to Barber, shows the team what to expect from him and does not significantly subtract from today's gameplan--which he has tried to instill within the team all week.

Sit him a quarter, a half, all game, fine him, whatever. There will probably never be a consensus opinion from fans about Garrett's decision, but we will all see how hard the team competes for a victory today and whether this Barber nonsense impacts their overall effort.

DanteEXT

Reaction score
percyhoward;3694494 said:
Or thinks he's on the way out anyway.

Good point. He probably has a better feel for his place on the team in the future than any of us.