Video: Mark Schlereth | 3x Super Bowl Champ: Prescott is a Upper Echelon, Super Bowl Caliber & Best QB NFC

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
I take what Schlereth says with a grain of salt. The guy is a former 49er and Commander and a well known Cowboys hater.

I take almost what any media head says with a grain of salt. Real, objective criticism or praise occurs in the backrooms away from the media lights after watching hours of film. I remember so many talking heads saying Dak should continue to play in 2016 when Romo was healthy, and that will always be the wrong decision, one made by two of the worst GMs and head coaches in the league.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
They’re saying the exact same thing I’ve been preaching. It’s more about the team than Dak. It was the same with Romo, it was the team. We’re not going to get over the hump with any QB with no running game, a piss-poor defense and stupid penalties in the playoffs. It’s the “team” holding us back not the QB.

1942willys

Reaction score
They’re saying the exact same thing I’ve been preaching. It’s more about the team than Dak. It was the same with Romo, it was the team. We’re not going to get over the hump with any QB with no running game and a piss-poor defense in the playoffs.
pretty much everyone claiming its more the team than Dak are his apologists; he is a BIG part of the problem and anyone saying otherwise is a Dak Bot
To be blunt the best thing to do to win would be if the Jones sold the team to someone that really wants to win a SB.
Would anything else work?

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
They’re saying the exact same thing I’ve been preaching. It’s more about the team than Dak. It was the same with Romo, it was the team. We’re not going to get over the hump with any QB with no running game, a piss-poor defense and stupid penalties in the playoffs. It’s the “team” holding us back not the QB.
can't afford to build a team if someone is taking up most of the pie (that's their point of view)

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

3tckka.gif

:muttley:

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
pretty much everyone claiming its more the team than Dak are his apologists; he is a BIG part of the problem and anyone saying otherwise is a Dak Bot
To be blunt the best thing to do to win would be if the Jones sold the team to someone that really wants to win a SB.
Would anything else work?
It’s not apologists it’s realists. The BIG problem is the team primarily the defense never shows up in the playoffs. The running game and repeated penalties are an issue. You fans who put it all in Dak and claim the Joneses don’t want to win aren’t seeing things clearly.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
can't afford to build a team if someone is taking up most of the pie (that's their point of view)
You need a solid QB to build a championship team. We’ve had great rosters that don’t show up for the playoffs.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
There are fans on this board who actually think Dak is the 3rd best quarterback on the roster. They believe if it was an open competition Dak would lose his job. :facepalm: :rolleyes:
:facepalm: and then there are fans on this board who actually think that Dak is Top 3 or Top 5 Quarterback in the league. Yet he gets out performed by just about any other quarterback not named Hurts come playoff time.

75boyz

Reaction score
ESPN slipped Schlereth all the pro Cowboys teleprompter messages.

He had the supportive thing going with Jerry on the FA inactivity as well.

Network producers gotta throw a change-up into the story lines every once and a while to keep it interesting.