Video: Mark Schlereth | 3x Super Bowl Champ: Prescott is a Upper Echelon, Super Bowl Caliber & Best QB NFC

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It is notable that Schlereth's podcast was clipped solely for his 'Prescott is the best NFC quarterback' assessment. Schlereth compares Prescott against the AFC quarterbacks as well, in the same podcast used by this video creator, beginning at the 22:00 mark below:

This is why I do not prefer overhyping up individual players in a team sport. Prescott does not lead the team only against NFC competition during the regular season.

However, let's say Prescott leads the team to a Super Bowl appearance. What happens when the AFC opponent is headed by quarterbacks better than Prescott in Schlereth's opinion? Doesn't his opinion underscore the assumption that the 'best quarterback' automatically is the difference maker for that matchup? Schlereth puts Prescott below AFC quarterbacks Patrick Mahomes, Joe Burrow, Josh Allen, Lamar Jackson and even Justin Herbert.

Yes. Schlereth compliments Prescott being the best NFC quarterback. Is it the best compliment for him when there are overall quarterbacks in the league barring him from passing the confetti test?

Edit: Video mark starts several seconds before his AFC comparison/not sure why the copied mark is not precise.

raven55

Reaction score
don't worry with the management ability of dumb and dumber will be in the top ten of drafting in 2025

leeblair

Reaction score
There are fans on this board who actually think Dak is the 3rd best quarterback on the roster. They believe if it was an open competition Dak would lose his job. :facepalm: :rolleyes:
He would.
He doesn't have the mentality to be a quarterback or a leader.
His leadership consists of hype, but on the field he doesn't lead.

leeblair

Reaction score
They’re saying the exact same thing I’ve been preaching. It’s more about the team than Dak. It was the same with Romo, it was the team. We’re not going to get over the hump with any QB with no running game, a piss-poor defense and stupid penalties in the playoffs. It’s the “team” holding us back not the QB.
Wrong.
When the quarterback chokes in every big game, its the quarterback.

LysleE

Reaction score
Weak offensive line unable to sustain run attack;
Weak defensive line unable to stop the run consistently;
Poor LB play with lack of depth;
Undisciplined play, among NFL leaders in penalties once again;
Unimaginative play calling;
Dak’s inconsistent passing and untimely interceptions in big games

As much as Dak contributes to the Cowboys’ shortcomings he is not the sole reason.

cald0d30s0

Reaction score
I take what Schlereth says with a grain of salt. The guy is a former 49er and Commander and a well known Cowboys hater.

I take almost what any media head says with a grain of salt. Real, objective criticism or praise occurs in the backrooms away from the media lights after watching hours of film. I remember so many talking heads saying Dak should continue to play in 2016 when Romo was healthy, and that will always be the wrong decision, one made by two of the worst GMs and head coaches in the league.
Didn’t he play for Washington and Denver?

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Give the people what they want Jerry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe in LA LA Land...........................

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Wrong.
When the quarterback chokes in every big game, its the quarterback.
Where has Dak choked in every big game? Most of the big game losses we’ve had, it’s been primarily the defense.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Give the people what they want Jerry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe in LA LA Land...........................

I hope he does. We have posters that claim it's the team that is the problem not Dak, well, give Dak all the coin he wants and even more just for kicks, and then when the team is losing most games I want to hear them still say it's the team, not Dak. When you cannot afford the best players in the NFL because a greedy QB needs money for diapers, well, it's a team problem, not Dak.

PAPPYDOG

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Where has Dak choked in every big game? Most of the big game losses we’ve had, it’s been primarily the defense.
Post 3 signature wins that Dak has had in the last 8 seasons?
The Bucs game doesn't count.
Do you have them.........................NAHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh:eek:

PAPPYDOG

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Bucs game has to count, it just has to! Dak made Brady retire after that game, that is better than 10 signature games!
Ok, will give them the Bucs game do they have 2 more????

NOPE......................... :banghead: