Video: Mark Schlereth | 3x Super Bowl Champ: Prescott is a Upper Echelon, Super Bowl Caliber & Best QB NFC

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Umm…no.

7-0 GB
Punt.
7-0 GB
Pick at the 10 (should’ve been a pick 6 but was called down for some reason).
14-0 GB
Punt

That’s three failures that repeatedly put the pressure on the defense.

GB scores again (20-0). Now the defense is on its heels.

Boom. Pick 6.

Now it’s 27-0.

Sorry, but it’s not just the defense.
Where did I say it was just the defense? I’ve put some of the blame on Dak. He didn’t play well but our defense played even worse. Green Bay played great defensively. Once they scored on their opening drive their defense stepped up and shut us down. We couldn’t run the ball and Dak and CeeDee weren’t on the same page. With our defense not being able to sack Love once the entire game or keep the Packers out of the endzone, it led to a disaster.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
Where did I say it was just the defense? I’ve put some of the blame on Dak. He didn’t play well but our defense played even worse. Green Bay played great defensively. Once they scored on their opening drive their defense stepped up and shut us down. We couldn’t run the ball and Dak and CeeDee weren’t on the same page. With our defense not being able to sack Love once the entire game or keep the Packers out of the endzone, it led to a disaster.
Dude, you have literally had a number of posts where Dak isn’t even mentioned and only the defense is emphasized as the cause of the failure, i.e., multiple times you have stated that once the team is down 7-0 the game is effectively over.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Dude, you have literally had a number of posts where Dak isn’t even mentioned and only the defense is emphasized as the cause of the failure, i.e., multiple times you have stated that once the team is down 7-0 the game is effectively over.
I’ve had a number of posts where I have mentioned Dak didn’t play well but no one is arguing that. They want to argue that his play is the primary reason our defense struggled. I’ve argued with fans that are making excuses for our defense and are pinning the entire loss against GB on Dak. The game was effectively over after we got down 7-0 because our offense couldn’t get on track and our defense quit.

SwagSurfer

Reaction score
The WPMY is more of a civic award. Current players, other than the reigning WPMY do not vote on it. It is in no way a reflection of league wide respect for his talents.

We have heard a number of players also talk unflatteringly about him. Including those who played with him. So, I'm just not buying that he's respected throughout the NFL for his on field abilities.

Now as a highly paid player, they may love going to the strip club with him & letting him foot the bill.
Again, professionals who played the game respect him. Current and former players.

Loso86

Reaction score
And all I was saying that if there were better overall talent at the position like there was for a decade prior to his arrival, he would never sniff an elite or second level ranking.

We are saying the same thing from opposite view points.
We are but my main point is there has never been an era where it was mor than 7 to 10 elite players playing the same time

McKDaddy

Reaction score
We are but my main point is there has never been an era where it was mor than 7 to 10 elite players playing the same time
I would agree with that .... but the next couple tiers were also legit NFL QB's. Now by the time you get past the elites & a few others, maybe not. And that's with the game rigged to favor passing & offense.

kskboys

Reaction score
Mostly, there's no more than 2-3 elite QB's. Right now, there is 1, w/ another trending up.

kskboys

Reaction score
I’ve had a number of posts where I have mentioned Dak didn’t play well but no one is arguing that. They want to argue that his play is the primary reason our defense struggled. I’ve argued with fans that are making excuses for our defense and are pinning the entire loss against GB on Dak. The game was effectively over after we got down 7-0 because our offense couldn’t get on track and our defense quit.
Yeah, that's pretty lame also.

If one can't see that they both sucked, man, they gotta be watching the game w/ an agenda. Or not watching. Or even worse, watching that red zone trash.

Brax

Reaction score
Dak was playing with a torn rotator cuff and a fractured index finger in his throwing hand. Of course he was going to be off on a few throws. No QB would have been able to be accurate all game long if they were dealing with both injuries in their throwing arm and hand.
The old mystery injury that is miraculously cured next week when bow wow shows up to play

kskboys

Reaction score
Schlereth detests the Cowboys. Of course he wants this.
And then the question begs, does Schlery even watch the Cowboys? Not the highlights, the actual games. Watching highlights is one of the poorest way to evaluate players there is. Everyone looks good if you only watch their highlights.

OK, maybe not Mazi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cmac

Reaction score
Maybe we can let Dak play regular season and switch out QBs for the playoffs.
Maybe a good idea now......we didn't learn that prior to Dak's arrival. Good thought concept, but kind of late.

Blackrain

Reaction score
Yeah, that's pretty lame also.

If one can't see that they both sucked, man, they gotta be watching the game w/ an agenda. Or not watching. Or even worse, watching that red zone trash.
Like I said before Jerry caters to the casual fan.
People now are used to such instant gratification that their attention spans are very short they're trying to watch the game and they're messing with their phone the whole time.

Most of what they see is the replay highlights and it looks like Dak through two interceptions and that's all that happened for them.
For today's fan to actually sit down for 3 hours and concentrate on watching the game and all its nuances it's a thing of the past.

Tablets phones computers a million channels they can't keep focused for 5 minutes let alone 3 hours
It's fun for them to be lazy and just blame Dak for everything rather than analyze the complete game

raven55

Reaction score
dumb and dumber or should i say party boys will have average team at best there management abilities are on full display by sending a 4th round draft pick for a qb that will never play for them what a bunch of morons