Mark Schlereth likes what Jerry is doing

stiletto

Reaction score
Heard him on a podcast and he says why pay A+ prices for B- players in free agency… ok to develop your own players….he is always neutral on his commentaries so he has credibility
I personally agree but if you pay a guy $55-$60 million for mediocrity at the most important position especially come playoffs, you can't develop a team fairly..It's better to go in a different direction there. Hopefully they ARE.

MoistMayonnaise

Devil's Advocate
Reaction score
Having listened to "stink" for years here in Denver, he is an idiot. Not as bad as SAS or cowturd, but close.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Sooner or later you have to do one of two things.

Put all
The chips on the table and go for it.

Or tear down and rebuild.

You can’t just “draft and develop” your way to a Super Bowl. It hasn’t worked.

The only way it’ll work is if they get lucky and land an elite HoF QB.

McMicah

Reaction score
If it’s dumb to sign B- players A+ money, why are we talking about resigning Dak

fivetwos

Reaction score
Sooner or later you have to do one of two things.

Put all
The chips on the table and go for it.

Or tear down and rebuild.

You can’t just “draft and develop” your way to a Super Bowl. It hasn’t worked.

The only way it’ll work is if they get lucky and land an elite HoF QB.
Even if you somehow pull that off, you can’t keep them all, so you’d need to keep doing it. No team can.

Hence, windows within to win….plan for eventual dead money and the fallout of low draft picks, and deal with a couple of bad seasons while you build it back.

You can’t fight the wind. The system is set up that way. These two want to do something different by stopping short in the window figuring the down period isn’t coming if they do it that way.

It’s beyond stupid, and has been more than proven to not work.

_sturt_

Reaction score
This might not be the most popular opinion, but it's congruent with Schlereth's take, and sounds right to me.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
This might not be the most popular opinion, but it's congruent with Schlereth's take, and sounds right to me.

It’s moronic. This has never been proven to work yet they keep doing it. I won’t even go as far as to say it’s dumb….but it for sure is dumb to keep doing what’s working.

BoyzBlaster

Reaction score
If Schlereth agrees with you that's just another red flag. The guy is unbearable to listen to when he does games. Talk about a meat head.

zekecowboy

Reaction score
How can anyone form an opinion on what the Cowboys are doing when the Cowboys aren't doing anything?

That my friends is the problem.
By not resigning players that are moving on for prices that the Cowboys were not willing to pay they
have made the decision to not pay the amount their getting in free agency so the Cowboys are doing things/making
decisions.

Chasing6

Reaction score
How can anyone form an opinion on what the Cowboys are doing when the Cowboys aren't doing anything?

That my friends is the problem.
Is that a trick question?

He made a conscious decision to do nothing.