Mark Schlereth likes what Jerry is doing

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I need an all pro in the postseason
We all do. Unfortunately for us guys get paid for the whole season not just the playoffs. But I agree wish he was an All Pro in the playoffs. I mean we still lose to the Packers but it would be nice.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Heard him on a podcast and he says why pay A+ prices for B- players in free agency… ok to develop your own players….he is always neutral on his commentaries so he has credibility
Maybe we can suit up the water boys.
We have to field 53 players, right?

Toro9

Reaction score
Ah yes, the myth that everyone signing free agents are overpaying.
Exactly. There are top flight FAs who are 25, 26 years old, who WILL get the market price, or more. And they will help you win playoff games and more.

plasticman

Reaction score
.....Because Mark Schlereth, former Washington player, hates the Dallas Cowboys.

Fastpitch Dad

Reaction score
Sooner or later you have to do one of two things.

Put all
The chips on the table and go for it.

Or tear down and rebuild.

You can’t just “draft and develop” your way to a Super Bowl. It hasn’t worked.

The only way it’ll work is if they get lucky and land an elite HoF QB.
Best post of the thread, yet so simple.

I don't understand why we haven't done either of what you described. It's that easy if you ever want to gain traction.

We waste so many great players careers by using band-aids instead of realizing we are close and going for broke. Last year was a perfect example. If they thought Dak was their guy, they should have went all in. It was the year to do it.

So obvious, yet our wildcatter sits on his hands.

morasp

Reaction score
The problem they ran into this year is all of the dead cap money from all of those contract restructures finally came due. I don't mind the draft and develop approach to team building but with all of those picks used on players that fit DQs scheme I think we're going to find out pretty quickly how well that translates to a new coach's scheme.

cowboyed

Reaction score
Heard him on a podcast and he says why pay A+ prices for B- players in free agency… ok to develop your own players….he is always neutral on his commentaries so he has credibility
It depends to what extent you wait to pay less for free agents and how many of those average players end up on your roster. The result will be a lack of quality depth and you start earning losing dividends in December and the post season.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Agreed. Only problem I have is why did Jerry listen to Dan Quinn and get rid of both John Ridgeway and Quinton Bohanna, 2 big DTs we should have kept and groomed who would have been starting in the middle of our Dline today and not left our interior Dline so vulnerable? Dan Quinn 100% destroyed our Defense and put us in the position we currently are desperately in. He even took our backup DEs with him.
I don't know if losing Bohanna was really that big of a loss, no pun intended, maybe Ridgeway will someday become a decent rotational DT, but I don't believe losing either actually makes a difference on where this DL roster is.
My attitude now and has been but especially now, that if you're not performing than get out of the way, next man up.
We speak here constantly about a culture change is needed, well next man up theory changes a culture quickly.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
The problem is there were guys that could have helped that didn't get A+ prices. So that's a false premise right there from Schlereth.

Two, does he also at least admit that Jerry has led the Cowboys on an unprecedented run of playoff futility and that is in large part due to his decision making as GM, which includes not only skipping the A level FAs, but also most of the B level guys, then swooping in and grabbing C level guys that more often than not aren't all that great and don't actually fix holes?
He's talking about Dak

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
It does when he's graded on the curve of facing the weakest pass defense schedule in the league. 32nd ranked overall pass defense DVOA.
Take his stats out and those rankings go up. We don’t put or take guys out of all pro based on competition. We never did it to Romo let’s not start now.

ghst187

Reaction score

Schleureth was, is, and always will be a Commander. What he says is filtered through that.

Yep he likes what Jerry is doing because it’s gonna mean Dallas finishes last in the East and lucky to win 6 games.
Also, Schlereth is an idiot and trash human.