Mark Schlereth rips Jerry Jones over Trey Lance trade

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
whoopdidoooo.........Mark going out on a limb saying "the Cowboys won't win ****" with Jerry acting like this over his HC.. We've been saying that for the past 27 years. Where's he been.? Castrating his head coaches is a Jerry Jones past time.

Last edited by a moderator:

Buzzbait

Reaction score
MM stated that he was in on the evaluation. Who knows exactly what all that entailed? I know a lot of people love to hate Jerry Jones, but it is not known whether this situation was worth the hell he's catching for it. If MM was part of the evaluation like he said he was, do you really think they didn't discuss MM's opinion and thoughts? I think Schlereth shot his mouth off and painted himself into a corner.

Momanpr100

Reaction score
Yall call yallselves NFL fans lol. Like Parcells says, You've been Sucked! Coaches, GMs and owners all lie lmao. You actually think they telling you the truth on camera? Since McCarthy been here, nothing Jerry has said ever been true, it's actually the opposite.

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I agree completely that Jerry is the achilles heel of the organization, but I do not get all the crying over this move at all. They spent a 4th rd pick on a talented kid who hasn't played much football but has huge upside. I am a Dak fan, but until you have a top 3-5 qb you should always be looking for one. There's no downside to this move. If I had to bet, I'd say he doesn't touch the field, learns the offense, plays well in the preseason next year. Then maybe there's some options. Make him qb2, tear up the rookie contract and resign him or shop him.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
“I was involved in the evaluation and but the actual business component of it I am not involved,”

I think the media is misrepresenting McCarthy's role in the acquisition.

It sounded to me like McCarthy was saying he was involved in the decision but not the transaction itself, he left it to Jerry. It's not like Jerry just went rogue and made a trade without discussing it with McClay or McCarthy, I don't buy that for a second, it is not his MO.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I think the media is misrepresenting McCarthy's role in the acquisition.

It sounded to me like McCarthy was saying he was involved in the decision but not the transaction itself, he left it to Jerry. It's not like Jerry just went rogue and made a trade without discussing it with McClay or McCarthy, I don't buy that for a second, it is not his MO.
It's not Jerry's MO???

Did you forget what Jerry did under Jimmy and why Jimmy left? How about under Bill?

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
It's not Jerry's MO???

Did you forget what Jerry did under Jimmy and why Jimmy left? How about under Bill?
He may have made decisions they didn't like but I can't think of a time where he didn't have conversations about things before making a decision.

Like it or not he is the GM/Owner and has the final say but in every behind the scenes clip I have seen he has always had conversations and involved a ton of people before making the call.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
He may have made decisions they didn't like but I can't think of a time where he didn't have conversations about things before making a decision.

Like it or not he is the GM/Owner and has the final say but in every behind the scenes clip I have seen he has always had conversations and involved a ton of people before making the call.
Uhhh, Jerry admitted on camera he notified nobody about the trade for Trey Lance. What more do y'all want? SMH

Brax

Reaction score
Last edited by a moderator:

plymkr

Reaction score
The hand ringing over this is bizarre.
Very bizarre. Look I’m no fan of Jerry and I basically use any excuse to bash him. I’ll admit that. But by Schlereth’s logic would also apply to the 49ers. The owner and the GM of the 49ers wanted Trey and Shanny didn’t. Isn’t that the same thing?

I can’t wait for the season to start. This has been the most discussed, analyzed, and dissected acquisition of a 3rd string QB in NFL history.