Mark Schlereth rips Jerry Jones over Trey Lance trade

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Schlereth is beyond most typical Jerry Jones haters in consideration of the vitriol that he spouts so enthusiastically. I'm no fan of Jerry by any means. Let's face it -- Trey Lance hasn't exactly convinced those familiar with the talents of NFL QBs to be highly convinced of his worthiness.

Last edited:

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
To many, if not most Cowboys fans, it seems to me that they'd be interested in seeing how Trey Lance performs, once he is tested by this team. It's certainly no secret that his rating among most NFL fans isn't one that sparks images of a QB who has impressed the teams that have signed him for whatever reason.

As far as the Cowboys are concerned, he represents an expenditure of a 4th round draft pick and that's all. In all honesty, that's hardly enough to inspire confidence in his ability nor his worthiness to bear the title of a respected NFL QB at this point.

I'll be intrigued to see exactly how this situation with him does or doesn't bear fruit. Obviously, Jerry and one or two in his staff feel it's a worthwhile venture that they've investing in with a somewhat paltry 4th round pick. To be sure, it remains to be seen how this thing develops for most of us. If Lance eventually develops into a reasonably capable backup, it seems possible that such a 4th round pick wasn't something given in vain.

Last edited:

DuncanIso

Reaction score
When you have to make a decision, spur the moment, you do what you think is right. I’m sure he told everyone the moment he had a chance to. And some during the entire progress of the decision. It’s a fourth round draft pick , lmao
Plus the 11+ mill cap hit.

Jerry wants a ROI for all the money paid to Dak.

Didn’t get it.

Plan B is Lance.

Jerry can cut Dak as post June 1 in 2024 and save a ton of $$$.

Mark S knows what’s going to happen and wants to show respect to Dak.

Thus the #ButtHurt

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Repeat after me: Wasted roster spot. Wasted roster spot.

And, as big a critic of Dak tha I am, at least Dak is NFL ready. Dak is light-years ahead of Lance. Lance is a CFL bench warmer.
Too, me lad, I worry tha a fan would think a first round pick is proof of any talent. Lance is just another in a string of 1st round NFL busts.
Don’t think so mate.

Kid is truly gifted.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Rank their giftness....Trey Lance, Sam Darnold and Purdy:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:
We are lucky the kid had the freak injuries.

Otherwise, we likely never make that trade.

Niners GM likely more worried about saving Cap than the 4th round pick.

Poor Will Grier lost his job to a QB who didn’t even work out for us.

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
Butt hurt level bravo.

Jerry doesn’t want to spend anymore $$$ on Dak.
I think a lot of this comes from these people's hate of the Cowboys. if Lance had gone to almost any other team, they'd probably be talking about fresh starts and blah blah blah

but the hate... it's the Cowboys. They LOVE to hate the Cowboys.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Plus the 11+ mill cap hit.

Jerry wants a ROI for all the money paid to Dak.

Didn’t get it.

Plan B is Lance.

Jerry can cut Dak as post June 1 in 2024 and save a ton of $$$.

Mark S knows what’s going to happen and wants to show respect to Dak.

Thus the #ButtHurt
Interesting propaganda. Only time will tell.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
We don’t know this yet
I've seen lots of breakdowns from this preseason's first two games from 3 different video makers: 1 is an ex NFL QB. Another is a scout. The last one is a YouTuber. All 3 say the same thing: they don't feel Trey Lance is capable of becoming an NFL starter type of QB. Time will tell.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I've seen lots of breakdowns from this preseason's first two games from 3 different video makers: 1 is an ex NFL QB. Another is a scout. The last one is a YouTuber. All 3 say the same thing: they don't feel Trey Lance is capable of becoming an NFL starter type of QB. Time will tell.
The same people that say dak is never going to win the championship people

CCBoy

Reaction score
First, we all aren't hooked on drugs. This team today can play even games with both San Francisco and Philadelphia. As a fan, I don't have to listen to biased number count excuse for sports discussion. Don't worry, I won't listen to straight faced bias more...over Lance? Get a life, or a realistic job.

Motorola

Reaction score
Poor Will Grier lost his job to a QB who didn’t even work out for us.
'Poor' Will Grier has had a couple of opportunites to succeed in the league way before his release a week or so ago.
Two seasons with Carolina (2019-2020).
Two seasons with Dallas (2021-2022).
However - he getting a third opportunity with the Bengals.
Signing on to their practice squad, with a chance to unseat Jake Browning as the backup QB.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
Repeat after me: Wasted roster spot. Wasted roster spot.

And, as big a critic of Dak tha I am, at least Dak is NFL ready. Dak is light-years ahead of Lance. Lance is a CFL bench warmer.
Too, me lad, I worry tha a fan would think a first round pick is proof of any talent. Lance is just another in a string of 1st round NFL busts.
It wouldn't be the 1st time they wasted a roster spot., but it'll only be a wasted roster spot if Lance can't cut it. You're definitely entitled to your opinion, but at this point that's all either of us have. Some QBs make it and some don't, so the Cowboys won't be the 1st team to risk a roster spot on an unproven QB. And again, if Lance fails to make the grade then the only tangible thing we will have lost was a measly 4th round pick, and if he turns out to be a good QB, that risk will have been more than well worthwhile.
But again, a 4th round pick is a very low risk bet in view of the possible gain. I hope it works out.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Schlereth is beyond most typical Jerry Jones haters in consideration of the vitriol that he spouts so enthusiastically. I'm no fan of Jerry by any means. Let's face it -- Trey Lance hasn't exactly convinced those familiar with the talents of NFL QBs to be highly convinced of his worthiness.
Schlereth is low-rent, lower-tier talent. He speaks the devil's tongue.