Mark Schlereth rips Jerry Jones over Trey Lance trade

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
But you said Jerry doesn’t run the show many times. Don’t know why anyone is surprised by this Jerry does what he wants, he only hires yes men ever since Jimmy.
I have never said Jerry doesn't run the show. Quite the opposite actually. I do agree with everything else you said.

reddyuta

Reaction score
I think it is funny that the argument against the trade has mostly been boiled down to, "Jones did it on his own so it will fail."

I am not a fan of Jerry but it is just poor analysis
he has that right to make the trade on his own,he is the GM after all.MM should be used to these kind of trades during his days in GB.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
But you said Jerry doesn’t run the show many times. Don’t know why anyone is surprised by this Jerry does what he wants, he only hires yes men ever since Jimmy.
Delusional folks out there as the buck stops with Jerry since 1989............................Just ask JJ.....

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
MM stated that he was in on the evaluation. Who knows exactly what all that entailed? I know a lot of people love to hate Jerry Jones, but it is not known whether this situation was worth the hell he's catching for it. If MM was part of the evaluation like he said he was, do you really think they didn't discuss MM's opinion and thoughts? I think Schlereth shot his mouth off and painted himself into a corner.
He brought that upon himself (not that he cares anyway). But why say stupid things like "we didn't tell anyone before Blabla...". Just tell em how it was (consulted all people, then made the decision Blabla) instead of constantly stiring up sh it over nothing. Jerry is a PR disaster.

Yes I know many people think that's the reason why the Cowboys are worth so much and that he's a genius, but age has done more to him than just wrinkles. He should have handed over all GM duties so someone qualified 20 years ago.

SoCalBoy

Reaction score
It's hard to blame him it's all about getting the clicks and the likes. He's not going to get the clicks or the likes talking about the saints the jaguars for the Lions.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Funny he brought up the ****ing in their helmet thing in the playoffs while ripping the decision to get Lance. That's why they got him. Repeated helmet ****ing.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
I think it is funny that the argument against the trade has mostly been boiled down to, "Jones did it on his own so it will fail."

I am not a fan of Jerry but it is just poor analysis.
Same old Jerry, like bringing "The player" TO without the buy in from the big Tuna.

Wizarus

Reaction score
Can't think of any team who wouldn't at least notify their HC before making a trade like this. It does seem like McCarthy is basically just standing around doing nothing.

John813

Reaction score
So much hoopla over a 3rd string QB that cost a 4th round pick.

For every Pollard they hit in the 4th, there's a Cox & Ball, Robinson(CB), who do nothing or Ferguson who is TBD.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Uhhh, Jerry admitted on camera he notified nobody about the trade for Trey Lance. What more do y'all want? SMH

I see both sides of this. One. Dak maybe is a bit upset or hurt, but at the end of the day. It’s not his job to know the inner workings of the front office and this is a business as he says. Also at the end of the day. Dak has had 0 competition since he arrived. This is good. What is hilarious about your stance on this is you were all in on not paying Martin and argued he’s falling off, and probably would have been ok with Jerry trading a 4th for another RG. But because this affects Dak (which it really doesn’t if you’ve watched Lance play) you’re posting like this? Come on my dude.

San Fran probably called and Jerry pulled the trigger. I don’t think it was an intentional leaving them out thing. That’s just my opinion. Jerry has done a lot worse things than this to hinder this team lol. Like keeping Garrett for a decade and selling him to the fan base that he was a “head coach in training”

baltcowboy

Reaction score
I agree completely that Jerry is the achilles heel of the organization, but I do not get all the crying over this move at all. They spent a 4th rd pick on a talented kid who hasn't played much football but has huge upside. I am a Dak fan, but until you have a top 3-5 qb you should always be looking for one. There's no downside to this move. If I had to bet, I'd say he doesn't touch the field, learns the offense, plays well in the preseason next year. Then maybe there's some options. Make him qb2, tear up the rookie contract and resign him or shop him.
Dak Stan here. The reality is Dak has been our starting quarterback since 2016 and has done well. He worked hard and earned every penny of that 4 year 160 million dollar contract. Now is the time for Dak to give back and give the Cowboys a home town discount so we can extend CeeDee, Micah and company. It appears Dak does not want to do this so he is betting on himself to lead the Cowboys to the Super Bowl this season. The Lance trade was an opportunity at a lottery ticket. If Atlanta, Minnesota, or Tampa made this trade I guarantee you the national media would be praising the move.

Big_D

Reaction score
Jerry is the GM and is not accountable to his coach or his QB.
GM=General Manager=The BOSS!!!!
They’re supposed to work together and be on the same page. It’s been proven over a long period of time that the boss is incompetent without a quality HC. But the dumazz continues to throw his weight around. Gotta show the world who calls the shots!

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Butt hurt level bravo.

Jerry doesn’t want to spend anymore $$$ on Dak.
I'm with Jerry. Don't want to see him pay even more for Dak. At the same time, without Dak, this team is finished for the next 3 -- 4 seasons since the backups suck.

Jipper

Reaction score
This whole thing wreaks of click bate...

- mm said he was involved in the evaluation of Trey and that he didn't need to be involved in the business aspect.

- we're talking about the 3rd string qb here, why the heck do you consult your starting qb on their thoughts about a 3rd string qb?

This is all pure clickbate