Mark Schlereth rips Jerry Jones over Trey Lance trade

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I see both sides of this. One. Dak maybe is a bit upset or hurt, but at the end of the day. It’s not his job to know the inner workings of the front office and this is a business as he says. Also at the end of the day. Dak has had 0 competition since he arrived. This is good. What is hilarious about your stance on this is you were all in on not paying Martin and argued he’s falling off, and probably would have been ok with Jerry trading a 4th for another RG. But because this affects Dak (which it really doesn’t if you’ve watched Lance play) you’re posting like this? Come on my dude.

San Fran probably called and Jerry pulled the trigger. I don’t think it was an intentional leaving them out thing. That’s just my opinion. Jerry has done a lot worse things than this to hinder this team lol. Like keeping Garrett for a decade and selling him to the fan base that he was a “head coach in training”
You have not been paying attention to me the past 2 years since Jerry caved in and overpaid Dak. I would like to keep Dak, but I can't stand overpaying for him. Yes, Dak is showing signs he's going to continue being greedy. Hope Jerry doesn't cave in this time, but this Lance player is terrible. I understand why Jerry made the move when it presented itself, but he seriously should have informed his head coach and gotten McCarthy's opinion before making the move and forcing a roster spot. It's the same ol Jerry refusing to give his head coaches some power and having a say on personnel and team decisions. How has thar worked out for the Cowboys the past 28 seasons?

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
This whole thing wreaks of click bate...

- mm said he was involved in the evaluation of Trey and that he didn't need to be involved in the business aspect.

- we're talking about the 3rd string qb here, why the heck do you consult your starting qb on their thoughts about a 3rd string qb?

This is all pure clickbate
Evaluation during the draft two years ago, not evaluation of the same player two years later.

phildadon86

Reaction score
You have not been paying attention to me the past 2 years since Jerry caved in and overpaid Dak. I would like to keep Dak, but I can't stand overpaying for him. Yes, Dak is showing signs he's going to continue being greedy. Hope Jerry doesn't cave in this time, but this Lance player is terrible. I understand why Jerry made the move when it presented itself, but he seriously should have informed his head coach and gotten McCarthy's opinion before making the move and forcing a roster spot. It's the same ol Jerry refusing to give his head coaches some power and having a say on personnel and team decisions. How has thar worked out for the Cowboys the past 28 seasons?
You wont find a bigger Jerry hater than me. Maybe Jimmy Johnson lol. So you are preaching to the choir.

He didnt need to inform McCarthy. He was involved in the evaluation.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
You wont find a bigger Jerry hater than me. Maybe Jimmy Johnson lol. So you are preaching to the choir.

He didnt need to inform McCarthy. He was involved in the evaluation.
An evaluation of Lance that happened two years ago before Lance was drafted by the 49ers. Today's Lance is a totally different player for the worse, so that evaluation pre-draft from two years ago means nothing. Some of you guys need to seriously stop making excuses for Jerry and being so disingenuous just because you personally like the trade.

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Dak Stan here. The reality is Dak has been our starting quarterback since 2016 and has done well. He worked hard and earned every penny of that 4 year 160 million dollar contract. Now is the time for Dak to give back and give the Cowboys a home town discount so we can extend CeeDee, Micah and company. It appears Dak does not want to do this so he is betting on himself to lead the Cowboys to the Super Bowl this season. The Lance trade was an opportunity at a lottery ticket. If Atlanta, Minnesota, or Tampa made this trade I guarantee you the national media would be praising the move.
I agree. I see no downside. Its not like they sent 3-1's to SF.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
MM stated that he was in on the evaluation. Who knows exactly what all that entailed? I know a lot of people love to hate Jerry Jones, but it is not known whether this situation was worth the hell he's catching for it. If MM was part of the evaluation like he said he was, do you really think they didn't discuss MM's opinion and thoughts? I think Schlereth shot his mouth off and painted himself into a corner.
I think MM was talking about the evaluation when Lance was coming out in the draft. There was no evaluation for this trade because it happened so quick. It was a phone call from San Fran and Jerry refused to hang up without making a deal. He already knew everyone wanted a young talented QB to develop. Lance fit he bill to a tee for what they had been wanting so he made the deal.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
tenor.gif

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
Last edited by a moderator:

shabazz

Reaction score
Funny he brought up the ****ing in their helmet thing in the playoffs while ripping the decision to get Lance. That's why they got him. Repeated helmet ****-ing.
“Now, that right theres just funny, I dont care who you are”……*

*LTCG

Last edited by a moderator:

acr731

Reaction score
You failed to understand what the problem is and why. Jerry.
I understand the problem - it's been the same thing since 1996. My point is Dallas wasn't going to win anything before the trade, so why blow a fuse over it now? Jerry has been undermining his "head coach" for almost 30 years. This isn't anything new.

I put 'head coach' in quotes for a reason. Everyone knows there has been only 1 HC in Dallas who had any authority since Jimmy, and that was Parcels.

acr731

Reaction score
Watching Dak fans melt down over Lance is a beautiful site.

The end is near. Lance is coming. Dak fans know it.
You can add fans of other teams to the list. The writer of the article is probably upset that Jerry may have brought in some competition for Dak. The longer Dak remains the QB, the less the NFL has to worry about Dallas.

Cowboysheelsreds058

Reaction score
Yall call yallselves NFL fans lol. Like Parcells says, You've been Sucked! Coaches, GMs and owners all lie lmao. You actually think they telling you the truth on camera? Since McCarthy been here, nothing Jerry has said ever been true, it's actually the opposite.

Love that darn Tuna! Lol

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
You can add fans of other teams to the list. The writer of the article is probably upset that Jerry may have brought in some competition for Dak. The longer Dak remains the QB, the less the NFL has to worry about Dallas.
When things like this happen it shows just how little faith Dak fans have in Dak.

They are literally scared to death of this Lance trade.

If Dak was great there would be no reason to be this emotional and nervous about the trade.

Dak fans are not Cowboys fans.