Marshawn Kneeland. Waste of a 2nd Round Pick

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
His top total in sacks is 4 1/2sacks twice in a minor conference. He's crap!
The numbers aren't good, agreed.

But was he called upon to contain the edge more than rush the passer? Don't know, maybe not, but I'd have to see if that was the case before I dismiss him as a wasted pick....

Killerinstinct

Reaction score
I can see the thinking here. I hope he works out. Not the path I would have taken. Sam Williams on passing downs Kneeland on rushing downs. The rush defense may have been improved.

timb2

Reaction score
You guys see my Satire " Jerry Jones Has Lock the Doors and Making All the Picks" topic? What is one of Jerry Jones idiotic rules for drafting? " Jerry tries to find some small college player no one ever heard of thinking he's outsmarted the rest of the NFL".

WE HAVE 1 RULE ALREADY PICKED THIS DRAFT.

Malhavoc

Reaction score
@timb2 doesnt like the pick? I love it even more. Kneeland is a more athletic Armstrong. Is he going to be a “war daddy” that you can count on for 12+ sacks every year? Most likely not. But will he be a good starter that gets 8-12 sacks a year and is also good vs the run? Yeah I really think so.

Good pick. And people have their heads buried in the sand about our DE situation. There’s 500+ snaps missing from last year and no one to play them…until now. Not to mention that DLaw is all but gone after this season
Folks here have no clue. Brugler had Kneeland in his top 35. We absolutely need dudes like this. A big athletic guy that can finally set an edge. Great pick IMO.

timb2

Reaction score
Folks here have no clue. Brugler had Kneeland in his top 35. We absolutely need dudes like this. A big athletic guy that can finally set an edge. Great pick IMO.
Gee I wonder jf you could stop the run with DEs Fehoko & Gholston that we already drafted that are bigger?

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Seriously? We need a Center and a RB and you pick a guy you could have gotten later .Who will be behind Parsons,Lawrence,and Sam Williams.. Way to go Mike Zimmer!!! YOU SUCK!!!
Don't know anything about him do ya?

timb2

Reaction score
You know something Baldy doesn't?

4.5 sacks in a crap conference. We draft a 4th round guy in the 2nd. We have Parsons,Lawrence,and Sam Williams ahead of him and have others like Tyrus Wheat & Durrell Johnson who could easily be the 4th guy. We drafted our 4th rotational guy with our 2nd.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Seriously? We need a Center and a RB and you pick a guy you could have gotten later .Who will be behind Parsons,Lawrence,and Sam Williams.. Way to go Mike Zimmer!!! YOU SUCK!!!
This is CZ.

Smith22

Reaction score
4.5 sacks in a crap conference. We draft a 4th round guy in the 2nd. We have Parsons,Lawrence,and Sam Williams ahead of him and have others like Tyrus Wheat & Durrell Johnson who could easily be the 4th guy. We drafted our 4th rotational guy with our 2nd.
Nfl.com had him ranked as a 2nd rounder.

Brugler had him ranked as a 1st/2nd rounder.

You can call him a 4th round prospect all you want but that doesn't make it true.

CowboyChris

Reaction score
of the 4 players we took, he’s the one I worry about the most, if he can help on early downs it might be a plus, I doubt we’re getting our next Ware or Lawrence in this guy

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Would people of hated the Darius Robinson pick? It’s not sexy, but we need a player who can set the edge, sounds simple, but Parsons was terrible at it. Heard Greg Ellis mention he remind him of himself and has a lot of DLaw in him. Let’s not forget DLaw isn’t getting any younger, this kid looks like his eventual replacement at Le

NDGAEDE

Reaction score
Would people of hated the Darius Robinson pick? It’s not sexy, but we need a player who can set the edge, sounds simple, but Parsons was terrible at it. Heard Greg Ellis mention he remind him of himself and has a lot of DLaw in him. Let’s not forget DLaw isn’t getting any younger, this kid looks like his eventual replacement at Le
I would've in the first. In the second I love it. People forget how easily we got beat last year. Dline is a massive need.