Marshawn Kneeland. Waste of a 2nd Round Pick

Chasing6

Reaction score
Seriously? We need a Center and a RB and you pick a guy you could have gotten later .Who will be behind Parsons,Lawrence,and Sam Williams.. Way to go Mike Zimmer!!! YOU SUCK!!!
Plenty of RB's still available. We have finally made the shift to RB committee. So we don't need a 3 down back.

Brooksey

Reaction score
We drafted Demarcus Lawrence & Kendricks replacement, why are people upset? Kneeland is a run stopping, edge setting freak, we need that. He will work on his pass rush.

These are good picks, we've moved away from drafting RB's early

CHANGE IS GOOD

Malhavoc

Reaction score
We must have the most bizarre fan base. Go look at what this kid did at the Senior Bowl. Heck read Dane Brugler’s evaluation. Look at how many snaps we lost in Armstrong and Fowler. Dude is exactly what this team needs at DE. AND HE WAS NOT A REACH. Not like ing a pick is one thing. Not seeing his real potential value to this team is ridiculous.

Malhavoc

Reaction score
We drafted Demarcus Lawrence & Kendricks replacement, why are people upset? Kneeland is a run stopping, edge setting freak, we need that. He will work on his pass rush.

These are good picks, we've moved away from drafting RB's early

CHANGE IS GOOD
Can‘t win with this fan base. Kneeland is a player. This board was so caught up on OL and the RB position no one really mentioned the absolute need for an edge player. No doubt in my mind that this kid starts on the Edge opposite Lawrence. Allows Micah to move inside on early downs.

75boyz

Reaction score
Seriously? We need a Center and a RB and you pick a guy you could have gotten later .Who will be behind Parsons,Lawrence,and Sam Williams.. Way to go Mike Zimmer!!! YOU SUCK!!!
I would have expected many more stand out performances and stats going against such a weak college football division.
If he didn't really stand out at that level, which he didn't, what's to convince me he can consistently beat NFL tackles?

Yeah,
This is a very poor second round choice imo.

Malhavoc

Reaction score
I would have expected many more stand out performances and stats going against such a weak college football division.
If he didn't really stand out at that level, which he didn't, what's to convince me he can consistently beat NFL tackles?

Yeah,
Go watch his tape. Read about how he performed at the Senior Bowl. See what some of the coaches had to say about him. Heck if you trust Dane Bruglar see where he had him rated. See how many snaps we lost in Fowler and Armstrong. See how desperate this team is in need of size and athleticism on the DL. If it still doesn’t make sense I don’t know what to tell you.

Sheepherder

Reaction score
No I have been doing the draft for years and Jerry constantly finds a way to ruin a good thing. Kneeland is not a sack guy. What we just drafted we already had in Tyrus Wheat . Wasted pick!!
His top total in sacks is 4 1/2sacks twice in a minor conference. He's crap!
A bunch of amateurs like myself voicing their opinions. I'll just go with what the experts said about him here.

raven55

Reaction score
they could have had trey benson and they pick this guy who is a solid 4th round guy but don't worry the senile old fool and his 1 year coach's said not to worry savor zeke is on the way

TheFinisher

Reaction score
Demarcus Lawrence is in the last year of his deal and Armstrong/Fowler walked out the door. Edge was a very real need.

We need players to set the edge with physicality in the run game, that has been a major issue for our defense. The reason we've had to play Parsons with his hand in the dirt on early downs is because he was our best option. Zimmer may want to move Micah back to off ball LB for early downs. We needed a player like Kneeland, and it was a good value where we landed him

Frosty

Bigdog24
Reaction score
His top total in sacks is 4 1/2sacks twice in a minor conference. He's crap!
Your right he is not a sack guy...but is a RUN Stopper with a high motor.....and what is Dallas' weak spot.....stopping the run.

Frosty

Bigdog24
Reaction score
they could have had trey benson and they pick this guy who is a solid 4th round guy but don't worry the senile old fool and his 1 year coach's said not to worry savor zeke is on the way
Yep take a RB in the 2nd round :facepalm: coming off a gruesome knee injury in 2020, tearing his MCL, ACL, medial meniscus, lateral meniscus and hamstring all at once

kskboys

Reaction score
Yep take a RB in the 2nd round :facepalm: coming off a gruesome knee injury in 2020, tearing his MCL, ACL, medial meniscus, lateral meniscus and hamstring all at once
And Payton Wilson is ever worse, majorly injury prone.

kskboys

Reaction score
@timb2 doesnt like the pick? I love it even more. Kneeland is a more athletic Armstrong. Is he going to be a “war daddy” that you can count on for 12+ sacks every year? Most likely not. But will he be a good starter that gets 8-12 sacks a year and is also good vs the run? Yeah I really think so.

Good pick. And people have their heads buried in the sand about our DE situation. There’s 500+ snaps missing from last year and no one to play them…until now. Not to mention that DLaw is all but gone after this season
Yeah, this dude may be able to replace DLaw. Excellent pick.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
@timb2 doesnt like the pick? I love it even more. Kneeland is a more athletic Armstrong. Is he going to be a “war daddy” that you can count on for 12+ sacks every year? Most likely not. But will he be a good starter that gets 8-12 sacks a year and is also good vs the run? Yeah I really think so.

Good pick. And people have their heads buried in the sand about our DE situation. There’s 500+ snaps missing from last year and no one to play them…until now. Not to mention that DLaw is all but gone after this season
:hammer:

Reactions: JPM

Sheepherder

Reaction score
Demarcus Lawrence is in the last year of his deal and Armstrong/Fowler walked out the door. Edge was a very real need.

We need players to set the edge with physicality in the run game, that has been a major issue for our defense. The reason we've had to play Parsons with his hand in the dirt on early downs is because he was our best option. Zimmer may want to move Micah back to off ball LB for early downs. We needed a player like Kneeland, and it was a good value where we landed him
I'm all for it.

speedkilz88

Reaction score

Yeah,
He dominated that conference . Sack stats don't always show what is happening on the field. He has the tools to further develop his pass rush technique.

kskboys

Reaction score
He dominated that conference . Sack stats don't always show what is happening on the field. He has the tools to further develop his pass rush technique.
Plus, he was drafted to set the edge and disrupt their O, not to get sacks. He'll get a few.