Martin not playing Tackle just proves the coaches don’t get it

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
If we slid him over to tackle and kept McGovern in I don't think we miss a beat. Isn't the idea to have your best players on the field?

Usually yes...I'm sorry but if this is because Martin does not want to slide...I have a problem with that. If Dak goes down and this proves true...thats on you Martin.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Usually yes...I'm sorry but if this is because Martin does not want to slide...I have a problem with that. If Dak goes down and this proves true...thats on you Martin.

It does feel like this is a Martin decision and not a Cowboys decision.

CWR

Reaction score

I hope that isn't the reasoning. My assumption is because you only have one position in flux by keeping Martin at guard, not that I agree with the logic. If we are going to trot Steele out there he better be on a short leash.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
I hope that isn't the reasoning. My assumption is because you only have one position in flux by keeping Martin at guard, not that I agree with the logic. If we are going to trot Steele out there he better be on a short leash.

Like if he can't block Bosa the first play yank him.

CWR

Reaction score
Like if he can't block Bosa the first play yank him.

If he is getting best up on early and often make the adjustment. I dont hate Steele, he was thrown to the wolves and the experience he gained may help. However, if he's getting beat like a drum they already know they have a better option.

uvaballa

Reaction score
Hope they don’t get Dak killed with this move. Better be a lot of TE and RB chipping.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Do you feel comfortable with Bosa going at Steele? Thats the Question....dont base it off what the Tampa Game looked like as even if Martin was in running up that middle would have been tough...hence best run defense in the league. That interior kills everyone for a reason. We have Bosa next and I'm sorry but Steele does not give me the warm and fuzzies on him.
With Martin at RG, yes. More comfortable than I do having Williams, Bladasz and McGovern in the middle.

Wolfpack

Reaction score
Steele is the worse choice on the roster, expect maybe Knight. Neither of those two can play tackle at a strong level in the NFL. Why is the FA swing tackle not playing, that's what you signed him for? Dak is going to be running for his life again.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
With Martin at RG, yes. More comfortable than I do having Williams, Bladasz and McGovern in the middle.

Man maybe I missed something on Steele then...he has not shown me he can handle a rusher like Bosa at all.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Man maybe I missed something on Steele then...he has not shown me he can handle a rusher like Bosa at all.
I'm not saying that, I just feel taking a player that is ALL Pro level at their position and moving them outside wouldn't be a preferred move IMO. The middle of our line would be exposed. If Bosa has an All World game and they need to bring in a TE or RB to double him, so be it.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
I'm not saying that, I just feel taking a player that is ALL Pro level at their position and moving them outside wouldn't be a preferred move IMO. The middle of our line would be exposed. If Bosa has an All World game and they need to bring in a TE or RB to double him, so be it.

But Martin is all pro at T also and McGovern is a solid Gaurd....I'm sorry I just dont see any reason you dont put the best 5 on the field...I could be wrong but nothing Steele has shown gives me the impression he is starting qaulity at all..McGovern on the other hand is probably a starting gaurd on 95% of the other NFL teams.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score

The middle of our line will be fine with McGovern.

We’re more exposed now with Steele on the field then we are with McGovern who is a legit NFL starter for most teams.

starfan1

Reaction score
i don't have an issue with this initially. but if he is getting handled they better adjust. I feel like the cleveland game last year and miles garrett was an issue we didn't adjust to until the game was almost out of hand. i also dont think just putting an all pro guard at tackle is the answer. There's no guarantee Martin don't get handled out there as well.