Maryland, DC, Virginia residents

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;3266699 said:
well aren't you special
No, but I am warm.

Me and winter are mortal enemies. Hence why I live where I do.

Jenky

Reaction score
I'm gonna be at work when it snows. It's going to suck cause they'll start to close once 1-2 inches sticks to the ground. Then everyone in VA will be rushing home at the same time. ***.:bang2:

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
20 inches??!!! Send at least 2-3 to TX suckah!!!:omg:

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;3266541 said:
Ready for the winter blizzard heading our way? It's supposed to hit VA later tonight and Maryland tomorrow afternoon, with as much as 20 inches of snow falling. :mad:

Gonna head home from work in the morning, pack a bag, load up the dog and head back up to Winchester... this one looks like it could be even worse than the one that hit us a week before Christmas...

I ****ing HATE winter... this particular storm put an end to my Super Bowl party; now, IF I can get home, I'll be watching the game by myself... all that money I spent on munchies was money wasted, I'll be eating junk food for the next week...

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
Hostile;3266685 said:
Blizzards?

Snow?

What the hell are you people talking about?

I'll be wearing shorts and short sleeves on Saturday while I play a round with some friends and then go eat at our favorite outdoor Mexican place.

Are you trying to make me dislike you??

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
Hostile;3266685 said:
Blizzards?

Snow?

What the hell are you people talking about?

I'll be wearing shorts and short sleeves on Saturday while I play a round with some friends and then go eat at our favorite outdoor Mexican place.

That works out great for you since you hate winter.

I love winter, .. it makes spring even that much better when the season changes.

I can not imagine living where we did not have 4 seasons. It is just the cycle of life that I am accustomed to. Each season change is awesome.

I have a small tractor with a snow blade on the front, with weights and chains on the back wheels.

I love to get out and play in the snow, .. well, plow my driveway. I usually do mine after I do my father-in-laws driveway, (he is 81) a widow from our church's driveway, and occasionally my wife's uncles driveway.(he is 80) I used to do my son's, who had a very long driveway before he moved a couple of years ago.

I did not enjoy it as much back before I had the tractor/plow and had to do it with a shovel.

Anyway, we are expected to get anywhere from 6-10 or 8-16 inches this storm, so I am looking forward to getting out and plowing.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
just got back from the grocery store. total madhouse. pretty slim pickings on the shelves, too.

vta

The Proletariat
Reaction score
bbgun;3267340 said:
just got back from the grocery store. total madhouse. pretty slim pickings on the shelves, too.

That drives me nuts.
People act like they won't be able to shop in a month and go over board.
I couldn't get a carton of milk yesterday.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
so how many of you winter hardy people already braved the snow to start shoveling? I just did, and it was freakin' awesome

although I got a little shovel crazy

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
I've plowed twice already. The snow is very heavy right now.

We've had at least 12 inches so far and it's still falling fast.

I told some neighbors that I'd help them out tomorrow, but I think it'll be too heavy tomorrow.

I'm going to give it one more swing tonight in about an hour and then wake up early and go at it again, that way, hopefully, it never gets much over 12 inches at a time.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Danny White;3267955 said:
I've plowed twice already. The snow is very heavy right now.

We've had at least 12 inches so far and it's still falling fast.

I told some neighbors that I'd help them out tomorrow, but I think it'll be too heavy tomorrow.

I'm going to give it one more swing tonight in about an hour and then wake up early and go at it again, that way, hopefully, it never gets much over 12 inches at a time.

I was out there for an hour, and in 2 minutes, the snow covered everything back up lol

Faerluna

I'm Complicated
Reaction score
I scooped once this afternoon, but by early evening it was raining and has not stopped at all tonight. Hopefully tomorrow it will be more rain than snow.

:pray:

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
well, gave it another go

this is getting ridiculous

it was 1 foot of snow again, and it's still snowing like crazy, I shoveled it all up, but it's getting to the point that there's just almost no more room to shovel it all, and to top it off, the ****ing snow plowers shoveled a **** load of snow on one side of the street, in front of driveways

what's the point of shoveling the street if you make it so that half can't get out of their ****ing driveways?

I have a few choice epitaphs for the city of Annapolis