Maryland, DC, Virginia residents

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
We've had almost 30" here in Leesburg.

The drifts are unbelievable.

We lost power from about 4:00 am until about 2 pm today. Had a nice fire in the fireplace, got the generator going and watched the news and kept the fridge going.

I've been plowing every couple of hours for the last 24 hours. This snow is getting very old.

DEZBRYANT x88x

Caps8Cowboys41
Reaction score
Phoenix;3268369 said:
This is crazy stuff here. Just got to DC for new job. Anybody participating in that massive snowball fight on Dupont Circle in DC? Wow...huge fight...
Heard about it.. but im 50 miles away..

poke

the older I get the better I was
Reaction score
Danny White;3268385 said:
We've had almost 30" here in Leesburg.

The drifts are unbelievable.

We lost power from about 4:00 am until about 2 pm today. Had a nice fire in the fireplace, got the generator going and watched the news and kept the fridge going.

I've been plowing every couple of hours for the last 24 hours. This snow is getting very old.

i got a little cold today riding my bicycle in 60 degree weather Danny...ya'll stay warm and safe !

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
****ing snow shovelers suck ***

pushed snow up 3 feet

****ing *******

************s

die!

Faerluna

I'm Complicated
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;3268515 said:
****ing snow shovelers suck ***

pushed snow up 3 feet

****ing *******

************s

die!

I went out and picked up dinner tonight. :D

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Faerluna;3268549 said:
Just mean... :D

BTW, I went grocery shopping today. Saw people wearing t-shirts, shorts, and flip-flops....

:muttley:

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Faerluna;3268549 said:

WoodysGirl;3268553 said:
Just mean... :D

BTW, I went grocery shopping today. Saw people wearing t-shirts, shorts, and flip-flops....

well, aren't you two a regular Lucy and Ethel

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
big dog cowboy;3268303 said:
That is crazy. How long will it take for this snow to finally melt? By April?

A local weatherman noted that the single worst thing that could happen in the wake of this storm would be a quick melt (from a warmup, or a hard rain)...

We had a heavy rain about two weeks back and it led to to some fairly serious flash flooding of small creeks, so the ground is already pretty saturated... a quick melt would lead to some MAJOR flooding...

The snow stopped around 4PM here in Winchester, and we have about 27-28 inches... that would make it the second heaviest snowfall ever recorded here... which pushes the 20 incher we had back on December 19th down to the 4th heaviest single snowfall ever recorded...

I figure I should be able to get back to my house by early afternoon tomorrow, that should give the state plows time enough to hit my back road... just called home, and the answering machine kicked on, so at least I haven't lost power back there...

Looks like me and the mutt survived the Blizzard of 2010... I can't recall ever personally experiencing a bigger snow...

silverbear

Reaction score
WoodysGirl;3268319 said:
Ha! And all I was complaining about yesterday was the rain and the general lack of sun for the past week or so.

It's supposed to be 60* here and it's so bright in my living room that i need shades.

I never knew you had a sadistic streak in you, WG...

I'm sure that turns bbgun on even more...

silverbear

Reaction score
burmafrd;3268383 said:
http://cfc.wjla.com/preciptotals.cfm

snowfall totals. somewhat impressive

33 inches in New Market at lunchtime probably means 36 by the time it stopped... which means probably 38 inches or so up on the side of the mountain where my house is (I live about 5 miles outside of New Market)...

That'd be about 10 inches more than we've got here in Winchester...

Terrific... can't wait to see it...

I WILL be home by dark tomorrow night, I WILL not miss the Super Bowl in hi def... period...

silverbear

Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;3268560 said:
well, aren't you two a regular Lucy and Ethel

I'm startin' to think that the Y chromosome carries decency and compassion...

:D

Phoenix

Reaction score
Wow. Watched two older women trying to shovel out their cars for hours...they were just about finished, when a big snow plow truck came down the road...twice...and suddenly their cars were blocked in by like 3 feet of snow again...they were not happy to say the least...

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Phoenix;3269228 said:
Wow. Watched two older women trying to shovel out their cars for hours...they were just about finished, when a big snow plow truck came down the road...twice...and suddenly their cars were blocked in by like 3 feet of snow again...they were not happy to say the least...

that happened 3 times to me

btw, it's supposed to snow again on Tuesday:mad: although no blizzard, so it may be mild snowing

DallasCowpoke

Fierce Allegiance
Reaction score
WoodysGirl;3268553 said:

:laugh2: Stupid global warming!

Not quite flip-flop temps here in Big D, but I did play tennis this 8 am with just a sweatshirt and shorts.

SUCK IT blizzard people!

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
DallasCowpoke;3269250 said:
:laugh2: Stupid global warming!

Not quite flip-flop temps here in Big D, but I did play tennis this 8 am with just a sweatshirt and shorts.

SUCK IT blizzard people!

hey, it's good exercise

haha, you play tennis

DallasCowpoke

Fierce Allegiance
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;3269252 said:
hey, it's good exercise

haha, you play tennis

Well, THAT I probably could use!

BRB, I'm gonna go eat a couple of smothered pork chops.

ps- I'd CRUSH you on the tennis court!

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
I would love this kind of blizzard this week.

I love the snow right up until the superbowl...after that It gets old.

I miss the snow a little bit, it makes football and hockey more enjoyable to watch.

Faerluna

I'm Complicated
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;3269229 said:
that happened 3 times to me

btw, it's supposed to snow again on Tuesday:mad: although no blizzard, so it may be mild snowing

I checked our forecast and they are just calling for rain down here. Thank God.