Maryland, DC, Virginia residents

Phoenix

Reaction score
http://i46.***BLOCKED***/albums/f131/vsmith23/0207001310.jpg

That is my car directly behind me, buried in snow, and completely enclosed by huge walls of snow....tomorrow will try to dig out....

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
Phoenix;3270336 said:
http://i46.***BLOCKED***/albums/f131/vsmith23/0207001310.jpg

That is my car directly behind me, buried in snow, and completely enclosed by huge walls of snow....tomorrow will try to dig out....

That's awesome.

I haven't been lucky enough to see snow like that since we got 30+ in VA in '97.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Our 5 1/2" snow on January 29th just finished melting over the weekend then we got another 5" last night with a couple more inches expected today. So I really can't complain. In fact it makes me smile knowing Yeager will more snow as this moves east. :)

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
Well, Giant was a madhouse again today. The meat section looked like something you'd see in a Soviet supermarket circa 1982.

vta

The Proletariat
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;3272493 said:
supposed to be another blizzard tomorrow with as much as 10-20 inches of snow

ugh

:toast2:

No work.
They're already talking it up here. I hope it friggin unloads and keeps my *** at home.

vta

The Proletariat
Reaction score
bbgun;3272500 said:
Well, Giant was a madhouse again today. The meat section looked like something you'd see in a Soviet supermarket circa 1982.

:lmao:

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
bbgun;3272500 said:

Shoppers >>> Giant

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
vta;3272502 said:

No work.
They're already talking it up here. I hope it friggin unloads and keeps my *** at home.

You sound like you're angling for "Employee of the Month.";)

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;3269229 said:
that happened 3 times to me

btw, it's supposed to snow again on Tuesday:mad: although no blizzard, so it may be mild snowing

Uhhh, six to twelve inches is not my idea of "mild snowing"... then comes the 40 MPH winds, which should lead to some lovely drifting...

And here I am, stuck in Winchester again, until at least Thursday...

I did get home Sunday morning, roads weren't too bad... my driveway was another story, of course, but I managed to ram my Jeep far enough up it that I was off the road... so I got in the house, cleared of the DirecTV dish so I could watch some TV, made some breakfast and crawled into bed for a few hours before the Super Bowl...

Then the power went out... *$&#!!&*...

It was out for seven hours, so I just threw another comforter on the bed, put on some thermal underwear and a sweatshirt, and crawled under the covers... got power back maybe a half hour before the Super Bowl, thankfully...

We've probably got about three inches as I type this, but the heavy stuff is supposed to start in the next coupla hours... when this one is over, the chances are pretty good that we will have had the highest snowfall total for a winter ever recorded in the Shenandoah Valley-- with like six weeks of winter still ahead of us...

It has been amazing... but as much as I hate it, I have to admit, it's really pretty around here right now...

silverbear

Reaction score
DallasCowpoke;3269250 said:
:laugh2: Stupid global warming!

Actually, scientists will tell you that this is probably related to global warming... we're getting blasted because of the El Nino, which is a warming of the Pacific currents...

El Ninos, curiously enough, tend to lead to cooler and wetter winters in the Middle Atlantic states... not THIS cold and wet, normally, though...

And we seem to be seeing El Ninos with increasing frequency here in recent years... the good news is they're generally followed by La Ninas, which means next winter may well be drier and warmer than usual here in Virginia...

Sure hope I live to see it... :D

silverbear

Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;3272493 said:
supposed to be another blizzard tomorrow with as much as 10-20 inches of snow

ugh

Actually, Bobby, it looks like the forecasters are backing off of that a bit... it looks like the storm is tracking a bit more to the north, and Philly will get hit harder (good)...

Just checked the NWS forecast, and they're calling for 6 to 10 inches total for Winchester and the Shenandoah Valley now...

But you're right about the "blizzard" part, as high winds are due to move in sometime tomorrow, leading to blowing snow and some areas with near-whiteout conditions... that'll really make life pleasant for the snow plows...

silverbear

Reaction score
vta;3272502 said:

No work.

So far it's actually been a rather pleasant, steady but light snow... been snowing since afternoon (started about 3PM), and has only put down 3 or 4 inches...

Phoenix

Reaction score
Snowed in again, in DC. Another 10 inches or so. The sweet part is that I've been off of work since Friday at noon, getting paid to sit at home....nice. Tomorrow will be 4.5 days of that....I bet we get Friday off too....and Monday is a holiday :) Nice little vacation starting a new job, and it's all paid....sweeeeeeeeeet.......

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
silverbear;3272935 said:
Actually, Bobby, it looks like the forecasters are backing off of that a bit... it looks like the storm is tracking a bit more to the north, and Philly will get hit harder (good)...

Just checked the NWS forecast, and they're calling for 6 to 10 inches total for Winchester and the Shenandoah Valley now...

But you're right about the "blizzard" part, as high winds are due to move in sometime tomorrow, leading to blowing snow and some areas with near-whiteout conditions... that'll really make life pleasant for the snow plows...

I shoveled about 10 inches of snow on Wednesday afternoon, and about 5 inches today

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
It was miserable. The drifts were so bad my plow couldn't handle it. I had to shovel out for 6 hours.

I hate snow. If I never see a flake again, I'd be happy.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Danny White;3275159 said:
It was miserable. The drifts were so bad my plow couldn't handle it. I had to shovel out for 6 hours.

I hate snow. If I never see a flake again, I'd be happy.

this old lady who I helped shovel her car out this afternoon told me that it's supposed to snow here again on Monday

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Bob Sacamano;3275163 said:
this old lady who I helped shovel her car out this afternoon told me that it's supposed to snow here again on Monday
:doh: