Matt Cassell couldn't find a coach to coach him

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
No it was definitely our offensive coaches.
Here's the second bombshell, according to Lynch, the reason why he couldn't find a coach was because they were too busy putting the game plan together.

Lol...Yeah because the game plan would take sooo long to put together....Okay guys, let's play it safe until Romo comes back, then he can just take over. Whose buying the pizza tonight?

Thorsson

Reaction score
Instead of bringing in the noodle-arm Cassel, the management should've brought in a wide receiver for Weeden to throw downfield to. Without Dez in the lineup, rocket-armed Weeden had NO ONE to throw to downfield. This shouldn't have been very complicated. Bringing in Cassel was an immature reaction.

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Said it a few weeks ago. The Jones family is going to waste Romo's last few productive years on this coaching staff. Such a shame.

Sad. If Romo was in NY with Caughlin, they'd be the patriots.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
No it was definitely our offensive coaches.
Here's the second bombshell, according to Lynch, the reason why he couldn't find a coach was because they were too busy putting the game plan together.

That's just awesome! I'm sorry Matt we just don't don't have time for you in our game plans, it doesn't matter if you're the new starting QB. Now go away, we have work to do.

Wrangler87

Reaction score
Cassel was referring to when he first got to Dallas, when Weeden was still the starter. It's not like he was talking about after he was named the starter.

All that being said, it's still a very disturbing thought that he was so eager to start learning the offense right away, but couldn't find a coach to assist him.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
any chance tat he was talking about an outside coach for some extra reps? Sure hope it wasn't insinuated that it was any of the current offensive coaches.

so far it's a quote. in what context or what is meant i have no idea. but while on the surface it sounds bad, that's how most journalism starts these days.

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score
Instead of bringing in the noodle-arm Cassel, the management should've brought in a wide receiver for Weeden to throw downfield to. Without Dez in the lineup, rocket-armed Weeden had NO ONE to throw to downfield. This shouldn't have been very complicated. Bringing in Cassel was an immature reaction.

They did. They went and got Butler off of the Raiders scrap heap and he's been just like Smiles Austin.

balance.jpg

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Yeah that was kind of funny. I was like, yeah I know Bailey is doing great but when did he garner the ability to make 4 point field goals?

:laugh:

I was like, "What is Lynch talking about. Does he not know we're down by four?"

mahoneybill

Reaction score
I heard that and was hoping it was just hot air like when we were down by 4 and Lynch kept talking about how we had a weapon with bailey....

Couldn't understand how he didn't realize that a FG wouldn't do anything.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I heard that too. He said it was a crazy time, still getting settled after the move and his wife was 36 weeks pregnant and couldn't find a coach to coach him. Hearing things like that make you wonder where the focus is on this team. Just another tidbit to shake your faith in this organization and where their priorities are.

If this was right after he was signed, I'm sure the coaches were still focused on trying to win with Weeden. Cassel started as a backup, so I don't know if he should have been expecting much more than "Here's your playbook" when he first arrived.

FLCowboyFan

Hoping to be half the man Tom Landry was.
Reaction score
You wonder sometimes. Please tell me you don't trade for a QB and then don't coach him when he gets to the team. You wonder if this is why some of the players who first get here look good but regress. Maybe they were coached where they came from?

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
If this was right after he was signed, I'm sure the coaches were still focused on trying to win with Weeden. Cassel started as a backup, so I don't know if he should have been expecting much more than "Here's your playbook" when he first arrived.

How is that not just as concerning? You just traded for a back up QB that has a realistic chance of being a starter in the near future, that doesn't know the playbook or terminology and not have somebody help coach him up. The fact that he had to search out someone himself is ridiculous. I'm not saying JG had to coach him personally, but there should have been someone on staff to approach and coach him. Either scenario is just plain bad.

Hook'em#11

Reaction score
Be great if Cassel would find a new home. Along with half of this current team.