Matt Ryan and a promising Rookie

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not to pile on, but Ryan is done. I like the idea of drafting a QB every draft until the next QB1 is found.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
1. Dak would have to agree to it.
2. Matt Ryan sucks, he is done.

Ride out the last two years with Prescott and see if a new OC/scheme will make him salvageable while drafting an early QB the next two drafts to develop.
Even if Dak agreed to it his cap hit accelerates into 2023 if you trade him - $89 million. Wouldn't even be able to field a team.

I agree with drafting and developing a QB in the meantime, but I suspect the Jones boys will actually extend him soon. :facepalm:

diamonddelts

Reaction score
I don't know why people think Dak's no trade clause is a big deal. If you tell him he will sit on bench he will waive the no trade clause in a heart beat. The biggest problem with trading Dak is the cap hit. But as long as the Cowboys are willing to take the hit and play Rush or a rookie with low cap hit for next two years then they can move on from Dak sooner than later. I'm all for moving on from Dak ASAP.
Did Dak tell you that? If not, what orifice are you pulling that information from?

khiladi

Reaction score
Whatever gets Dak out of here as soon as possible, so all delusions in him being the savior in this franchise go bye bye and he can be some other team and their fans’ problem.

diamonddelts

Reaction score
Whatever gets Dak out of here as soon as possible, so all delusions in him being the savior in this franchise go bye bye and he can be some other team and their fans’ problem.
You will still have the cancer known as Jerry. Replacing QB1 will not stop the terminal illness.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
Let's talk about Matt Ryan.

Well, his first NFL pass was a long touchdown.

Over the years he was among the leading passers.

He went to a Super Bowl. (And got his but kicked in the 2nd half)

Made 4 pro bowls

Perfect height and weight, can run if he has to.

+++++++++++++

So, long story short, I propose we trade a Dak (~30), who refuses to run, trade for Matt Ryan and receive a 6th this year and a 6th next year. I think the Colts will do it.

Bottom line : Trade Dak and go after a QB of the future. Not with a 6th, but with a 1st and let Ryan keep you going.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA this site has really jumped the shark now, seriously thinking we would be better off with Matt Ryan as QB? Did you not see how he was benched with the Colts? Jesus

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
The ABD crowd is losing it. Either upgrade or burn it down... lets not watch Matt Ryan shrivel up in a Cowboys uni for no reason at all.

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
First off somebody needs to actually want Dak.
The NFL knows how to defeat him, bring pressure-play zone.

If your defense is horrible, Dak can defeat you..... So can Cooper Rush and your average college QB.

But pressure and lack of accuracy will get u a ticket to becoming a back- up at best, or out of the league There is a list a mile long of guys who came into the NFL and looked like world beaters only to dissappear in a few seasons as flaws were discovered.
Dak has Scott Linehan to thank for putting him in a offense he could thrive in , and did well.
Then he was asked to be a pocket guy. His flaws began to show.
It began with consistently late throws across the middle.
Now, since his injury he seems hesitant to run, I don't blame him if I had screws in my ankle I wouldn't want to run much either.
However some form of run and shoot is his only hope.

And that...is the rest of the story.
Good day.
I have to disagree with you.

I've been informed by lots of people on this Board that teams really don't need to want to trade for Dak in order for us to trade him.

All we have to do, is tell them we're trading them Dak, make up a ridiculous price, and they HAVE to accept it.

Duhhhhh

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
I think the point of this thread is an option if the Cowboys are moving on from Dak. But i think I'd want better than two 6th round picks.
Yep...more like five 1st rounders.

This is Dak Prescott we're talking about here.

Trade Zeke for a couple more 1's, and we're set.

jujoboys

Reaction score
lol. The last 2 times Dallas and Dak played Matt Ryan we won 43-3 in 2021 and 54-19 in 2022. Matt Ryan is old and done. He is like a statue in the pocket. Reminds me of Drew Bledsoe at the end of his career. Very hard pass on this idea.

Cowboys0988

Reaction score
I'd rather just go with Rush + promising rookie than Matt Ryan at this stage of career, but yes to trading Dak. (although I think he has a no trade clause)
Go with Rush, and draft a QB with the top 10 pick the following year. Its the best way forward. A talented QB on a rookie deal and load up the team with good players.

Pevansjr

Reaction score
Why waste a draft pick just go pluck one off of those trees they grow on it is ez pluck a few dline men while we are at it pluck a few RB's and TE's Then trade all of our draft picks for Peyton
This doesn't make sense. Are you suggesting we should not be trying to draft players anymore? Isn't this how teams usually try to build a competitive roster? I'm assuming you're being sarcastic because the original post is a laughable suggestion.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
1. It is more likely to snow in Dallas in July than Matt Ryan to become the starting QB here.
2. Matt Ryan is terrible. (Did you see him play us last Dec?)
3. We will probably draft a QB on Day 3 but don’t expect much.

FACTS: Dak was terrible vs niners. He deserves to be criticized. But he WILL be the starter here next year because of contract, etc. Whatever scenario anyone wants to put together, Dak is back next year.