Matt Ryan and a promising Rookie

Adreme

Reaction score
Ryan is done-zo. Dak is going to be here. New OC, another WR and RB in FA/draft. Draft a QB this year and next year; and do not reach for one. Would much rather trade Dak for draft picks and ride Rush and try and flip the picks for an early pick in the draft this year or next. Dude is here, so you got to make it work until then.
The thing is if you do not reach for one you are not going to get one because of the 5 first round QBs, you can expect all to be gone by 15 and given the history you really would not want to be drafting a QB after 15 because it tends to end very very poorly far more than the usual fail rate (which is around 2/3 for a first round QB).

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
I almost feel sorry for the guys who have been defending dak to no length. I think they finally see that the "haters" are more correct about him than they are. Now the dak defenders are begging for a new offensive coordinator and praying this will fix his inability to process the field.

Almost sorry, but I can't forget him wasting years of our life just like jason garrett. A few more years and he's jason garrett of quarterbacks. oh well.

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
This doesn't make sense. Are you suggesting we should not be trying to draft players anymore? Isn't this how teams usually try to build a competitive roster? I'm assuming you're being sarcastic because the original post is a laughable suggestion.
It was not intended to make sense But my comments have been stated by others many times I just took it a lil further

Creeper

Reaction score
Dak for Matt Ryann and a 6th this year and a 6th next year?

No. I want at least 1 first this year for Dak and either player(s) or more draft picks. Matt Ryan is like getting nothing.

diamonddelts

Reaction score
I almost feel sorry for the guys who have been defending dak to no length. I think they finally see that the "haters" are more correct about him than they are. Now the dak defenders are begging for a new offensive coordinator and praying this will fix his inability to process the field.

Almost sorry, but I can't forget him wasting years of our life just like jason garrett. A few more years and he's jason garrett of quarterbacks. oh well.
PappyGlide user
Dak for Matt Ryann and a 6th this year and a 6th next year?

No. I want at least 1 first this year for Dak and either player(s) or more draft picks. Matt Ryan is like getting nothing.
No trade clause! Does anybody know how to read a contract?

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
1. It is more likely to snow in Dallas in July than Matt Ryan to become the starting QB here.
2. Matt Ryan is terrible. (Did you see him play us last Dec?)
3. We will probably draft a QB on Day 3 but don’t expect much.

FACTS: Dak was terrible vs niners. He deserves to be criticized. But he WILL be the starter here next year because of contract, etc. Whatever scenario anyone wants to put together, Dak is back next year.
Sorry, BH. Dak was not terrible against San Fran. Did he make several costly mistakes? Yes, but there were moments where he played good enough to win. It's also very hard to win a playoff game when you've got no rushing attack whatsoever (48 total rushing yards between Zeke and Pollard), receivers half the time we're not getting open, terrible passing concepts and pass designs, Oline unable to create any holes for running while struggling half the time in pass protection, plus other than CeeDee, no other weapons other than Pollard until he went down with injury in the 2nd quarter. It was this way all season long. Bottom line, this team over-achieved considering so many lacking parts, plays, players and decisions.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score

So speaks one of the biggest trolls today in these boards and the old ones who also forgets things or intentionally twists them around.

I can't wait for your response so I can blast you.

Wait. Maybe not since I feel so sorry for you. It's got to be killing you inside seeing how Dak has been this franchise's QB for the last 7 seasons...and counting.
:muttley:

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
So speaks one of the biggest trolls today in these boards and the old ones who also forgets things or intentionally twists them around.

I can't wait for your response so I can blast you.

Wait. Maybe not since I feel so sorry for you. It's got to be killing you inside seeing how Dak has been this franchise's QB for the last 7 seasons...and counting.
:muttley:
sorry romo hurt you because he dated women. Truly sorry, shorty

Jarntt

Reaction score
Let's talk about Matt Ryan.

Well, his first NFL pass was a long touchdown.

Over the years he was among the leading passers.

He went to a Super Bowl. (And got his but kicked in the 2nd half)

Made 4 pro bowls

Perfect height and weight, can run if he has to.

+++++++++++++

So, long story short, I propose we trade a Dak (~30), who refuses to run, trade for Matt Ryan and receive a 6th this year and a 6th next year. I think the Colts will do it.

Bottom line : Trade Dak and go after a QB of the future. Not with a 6th, but with a 1st and let Ryan keep you going.
Of course the Colts would do it. Why would we do it? If we are trading Dak it's to get better at the position and/or save a ton of cap space. You can argue Dak isn't a good NFL starter, but you can't even argue Ryan should be an NFL starter at this point and Ryan would cost us $29M next year. Trading Dak before 6/1 next year costs us $58M in cap space next year so that isn't happening. Trading him after 6/1 cost us $18M next year and $40M in 2024.
So this trade would cost us $47M in cap space in 2023 and $40M in 2024 all to have Ryan as our QB. I'm all for trading Dak if we can get something good for him, but this ain't it.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Even if Dak agreed to it his cap hit accelerates into 2023 if you trade him - $89 million. Wouldn't even be able to field a team.

I agree with drafting and developing a QB in the meantime, but I suspect the Jones boys will actually extend him soon. :facepalm:
Yea, his cap hit was supposed to be my #3, just forgot it……maybe I saw a squirrel or something :muttley:

buddahjoe445

Reaction score
He has the leverage to do so.
then let him sit on the bench. but Dak has an ego that won't let him just waste two years on the bench even if he is collecting a crap load of money. he knows he will be missing out on two years worth of garbage stats that can pad his career stats.

WhizKid

Reaction score
The thing is if you do not reach for one you are not going to get one because of the 5 first round QBs, you can expect all to be gone by 15 and given the history you really would not want to be drafting a QB after 15 because it tends to end very very poorly far more than the usual fail rate (which is around 2/3 for a first round QB).
I am assuming we don't finish in position to grab a qb that early. Hence, why i said to draft them but don't reach, especially if you get better value with another position. But you keep drafting them. Because there will be a period when Dak is probably gone, but the team might be nice and stacked with talent. You don't want to be left with nothing. Doesn't hurt to grab em later. It should not prevent you from going QB early in the future. Ideally, we can acquire another first somehow, and trade up. I'm all for taking a QB early, if they are there to be picked. There are some QBs I'm interested in this year, but don't think we'll be there to get them at our pick. Getting a QB is tough. Unless you are in position to grab an early one, then I say play the numbers game, grab a bunch, just in case one turns out really good. If they dont, you likely have an early pick!