Mavs 24

Jayinem

Reaction score
:muttley:

Someone said Luka didn't really post this on his IG, but still funny.

Last edited:

quickccc

Reaction score
A sprain neck usually takes 4 to 6 weeks to heal according to google. That would put him out even for the Finals. That was going to be an advantage we had over Boston size rebounding rim protection. Gafford can do some of it but not as good as Lively, and he can't do it for 48 minutes. Dwight Powell sucks.

If Porzingis plays and plays well, this would probably tip the championship to Boston. You might could argue that Luka & Kyrie > Tatum Brown by a small amount, but then they got Holiday, White, Porzingis better than Washington, DJJ, Gafford.

But then again, I didn't think Mavs were even going to be here because Luka has been injured the entire playoffs. Can't count him and Kyrie out completely.
Mavs have went thru Chat Holgrem , DYOY Gobert, Townsend, and i'm not sure Unicorn is not on his last leg ,, even if he returns .

He'll be very well pre-occupied trying to deal with alley lob dunks of both twin towers

quickccc

Reaction score

So very glad that the neck sprain was Not more serious than it looked.
2 days was just too soon and too much to hope for a full recovery in time for game 4.

We have to find a way to relief Gafford - minimize his ful lgame minutes, an spot him well.
it's an unknown about Max ..and i'm totally paranoid about Dwight Powell.

i wouldn;t be surprised if Kidd chose to go very small with a Jones instead of Powell. if Max not available.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Mavs have went thru Chat Holgrem , DYOY Gobert, Townsend, and i'm not sure Unicorn is not on his last leg ,, even if he returns .

He'll be very well pre-occupied trying to deal with alley lob dunks of both twin towers
Ya'll Mavs fans that think Porzingis is going to be a liability against you are really stuck in the past. Porzingis is far from being on his last leg. He will be fine

Jayinem

Reaction score
Ya'll Mavs fans that think Porzingis is going to be a liability against you are really stuck in the past. Porzingis is far from being on his last leg. He will be fine
Nobody has ever seen Porzingis come up big in the playoffs, because it's never happened, and coming off injury, and facing his old team and the Finals and being rusty. It's fair to think he's not going to just be fantastic like you seem to think.

This is a Mavs thread on a Cowboys forum, you're the only Celtic fan here.

quickccc

Reaction score
if he was fine .. wouldn't Porz be playing right now ? :huh:

Jayinem

Reaction score
if he was fine .. wouldn't Porz be playing right now ? :huh:
I would bet a lot of players could not go from April 29th to June 6th without playing, come out and be good in the NBA Finals. I also just don't trust him in the biggest moments. He can always prove me wrong, but I don't think he will.

We can debate it all day, but we're going to find out unless he doesn't play.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Nobody has ever seen Porzingis come up big in the playoffs, because it's never happened, and coming off injury, and facing his old team and the Finals and being rusty. It's fair to think he's not going to just be fantastic like you seem to think.

This is a Mavs thread on a Cowboys forum, you're the only Celtic fan here.
So because I'm a Celtics, I cant post in a Mavs thread?

Go look up how Kyrie reacted last time he played a playoff series in Boston if you want to go that route. I know Porzingis isnt a sure thing, but you need to know Kyrie isnt either. He might be doing well now, but he doesn't do well with the type hostile crowds he will face in Boson

Jayinem

Reaction score

Go look up how Kyrie reacted last time he played a playoff series in Boston if you want to go that route. I know Porzingis isnt a sure thing, but you need to know Kyrie isnt either. He might be doing well now, but he doesn't do well with the type hostile crowds he will face in Boson
We'll just see, like I said many posts ago. You're the one getting defensive about your precious little Porzingis who's in his first season there. All Ceitic fans act like he's Dirk and been there 20 years and been through wars with your team. He hasn't done anything but had one good regular season, but he always has good regular seasons that doesn't mean anything.

Who has a better chance of coming up big Kyrie or Porzingis? it's not even close dude. Just because fans rattled him one game where he scored 10 points, he scored 39 the game before that.

Your team is 17-15 in the last couple of years at home. You barely have a home court advantage anymore. Fans won't rattle Kyrie. I'll be like you this is a different Kyrie, because it is actually. He's a lot calmer and grew up.

It makes me wonder what the fans were chanting at Kyrie to rattle him, N word or something? I don't trust Boston fans.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I would bet a lot of players could not go from April 29th to June 6th without playing, come out and be good in the NBA Finals. I also just don't trust him in the biggest moments. He can always prove me wrong, but I don't think he will.

We can debate it all day, but we're going to find out unless he doesn't play.
In Bos he is a distant 3rd option now. They arent counting on him for 20 shots a game. His job here is to stretch for Tatum/Brown, and create mismatches. He doesnt have the same offensive role he did in NY or Dallas

Jayinem

Reaction score
In Bos he is a distant 3rd option now. They arent counting on him for 20 shots a game. His job here is to stretch for Tatum/Brown, and create mismatches. He doesnt have the same offensive role he did in NY or Dallas
We'll see.

quickccc

Reaction score

so you are counting upon Kyrie getting frustrated and shooting himself outta a Finals series ? Go figure. :muttley:.

what about a Tatum going on an erratic Finals shooting , such as he had vs da Dubs ?
I believe Minny was the best defensive team in the NBA in these playoffs, but has that seem to slow Kyrie down ?

It's a different year, different mentality, different way of confidence with one of the best finishing closers in the NBA.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
We'll just see, like I said many posts ago. You're the one getting defensive about your precious little Porzingis who's in his first season there. All Ceitic fans act like he's Dirk and been there 20 years and been through wars with your team. He hasn't done anything but had one good regular season, but he always has good regular seasons that doesn't mean anything.

Who has a better chance of coming up big Kyrie or Porzingis? it's not even close dude. Just because fans rattled him one game where he scored 10 points, he scored 39 the game before that.

Your team is 17-15 in the last couple of years at home. You barely have a home court advantage anymore. Fans won't rattle Kyrie. I'll be like you this is a different Kyrie, because it is actually. He's a lot calmer and grew up.
Lol Im wasnt getting defensive, I was point a truth that he isnt the same player as when was with the Mavs, and Mavs fans get stuck on that. You had coming of an ACL tear. Its gonna take any 7'3 guy a long time to fully recover from that. Thats a big why he was a liability on defense for you guys. As far as offense, he was never really good enough to be more than a 2 on a good team anyways. Trust me, no Boston fans think he is Dirk.

As far as a Celtics fan in a Mavs thread. Get used to it. Thats the likely finals matchup. If you want an echo, Im going to deny you that vigorously. If you want to go the "Precious Little Porzingis " route, I can take that tone as well

JonesBoys

Reaction score

Mavs need Kyrie to play big every game the Porzingis doesn't have that pressure. Last time Kyrie played a playoff series against Boston the fans got to him big time. The crowd will be all over him it will be bad.

Jayinem

Reaction score
Lol Im wasnt getting defensive, I was point a truth that he isnt the same player as when was with the Mavs, and Mavs fans get stuck on that. You had coming of an ACL tear. Its gonna take any 7'3 guy a long time to fully recover from that. Thats a big why he was a liability on defense for you guys. As far as offense, he was never really good enough to be more than a 2 on a good team anyways. Trust me, no Boston fans think he is Dirk.

As far as a Celtics fan in a Mavs thread. Get used to it. Thats the likely finals matchup. If you want an echo, Im going to deny you that vigorously. If you want to go the "Precious Little Porzingis " route, I can take that tone as well
I'm curious as to what Celtic fans said to Kyrie to get him rattled. I'm thinking it was probably racial and you're bragging about that just shameful.

Jayinem

Reaction score
Mavs need Kyrie to play big every game the Porzingis doesn't have that pressure. Last time Kyrie played a playoff series against Boston the fans got to him big time. The crowd will be all over him it will be bad.
Now we got two Mavs haters in this thread, that's cool.

I know Boston is damn good, and I haven't actually ever said Mavs are winning the series. It's pretty evenly matched in my opinion. But Porzingis ain't the shid like you guys think. There will still be pressure he was the #2 guy in Dallas not #1, and he couldn't step up. That was just the first round. I don't care if he's #5, there will still be pressure.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Mavs need Kyrie to play big every game the Porzingis doesn't have that pressure. Last time Kyrie played a playoff series against Boston the fans got to him big time. The crowd will be all over him it will be babad
Thats going to be the story leading up to game 1. To be fair, that was a pretty dark period for Kyrie all around, but he has always been pretty unpredictable

JonesBoys

Reaction score

It makes me wonder what the fans were chanting at Kyrie to rattle him, N word or something? I don't trust Boston fans.
Mavs need Kyrie to come up big the Celtics don't as much for Porzingis, huge difference.