Mavs 24

JonesBoys

Reaction score
Now we got two Mavs haters in this thread, that's cool.

I know Boston is damn good, and I haven't actually ever said Mavs are winning the series. It's pretty evenly matched in my opinion. But Porzingis ain't the shid like you guys think.
Don't hate the Mavs I'm just giving my take. Been a Celtics fan since 86 and grew up in Massachusetts. Let the best team win. And again where do I say Porizngis the shid? He is their 3rd option and sometimes 4th or 5th. He impacts the game even if you don't want to admit it.

Jayinem

Reaction score
Mavs need Kyrie to come up big the Celtics don't as much for Porzingis, huge difference.
You obviously don't even watch the Mavs dude, Kyrie ain't scared of the moment. He can deliver as a top guy, Porzingis won't even be able to deliver as the #6 guy. You're going to find out and darthseinfeld is going to find out and I ain't running, yall don't run either. Again I never said Mavs are winning the series, but we're going to have a conversation about Porzingis, don't hide.

Jayinem

Reaction score
Don't hate the Mavs I'm just giving my take. Been a Celtics fan since 86 and grew up in Massachusetts. Let the best team win. And again where do I say Porizngis the shid? He is their 3rd option and sometimes 4th or 5th. He impacts the game even if you don't want to admit it.
Oh now it all comes out, two Celtic fans.

I'm not going to waste any more time on either of you until the Finals happen, then well talk. Talk don't mean nothing.

JonesBoys

Reaction score
You obviously don't even watch the Mavs dude, Kyrie ain't scared of the moment. He can deliver as a top guy, Porzingis won't even be able to deliver as the #6 guy. You're going to find out and darthseinfeld is going to find out and I ain't running, yall don't run either. Again I never said Mavs are winning the series, but we're going to have a conversation about Porzingis, don't hide.
I'm going off Kyrie having a meltdown in Boston a game that I was actually there for. You brought up Porzingis having a hard time against his former team but that may not effect Kyrie? Maybe it won't but will effect Kyrie is Holiday and White who will make him work for everything.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

I'm not going to waste any more time on either of you until the Finals happen, then well talk. Talk don't mean nothing.
There are actually few others here, but they havent been around the forum much

JonesBoys

Reaction score

Just having a conversation lol its ok. You have your take and I have mine. As fans since we don;t play all we can do is talk. I'm not being disrespectful.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Porzingis has practicing some, just not ready to go full on. If it was 2-1 today he would probably play. There has been talk that they might play him game 4 anyways, but it looks like they are going to sit him. Indiana probably is without Haliburton, and they had an outlier game game 3 and still lost. They probably dont see the need to risk aggravation
I have no doubt he can physically play.
And will versus (presumably) Dallas.
The challenge is how does he change things for them and gel without playing in a long while.
In Dallas that was a big issue.
He would come back wanting shots to get going but wasn't making them first few games.

BOS has been amazing this year.
They built a truly top to bottom elite team.
I'm not sure I'd let KP start a game this series.
I've seen the playoff record without him.
And I saw what happened with Chet versus Dallas.
KP at the 5 will get physically attacked, worn down and challenged for rebounds.
Without being in game shape that hits 3 times harder.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
So very glad that the neck sprain was Not more serious than it looked.
2 days was just too soon and too much to hope for a full recovery in time for game 4.

We have to find a way to relief Gafford - minimize his ful lgame minutes, an spot him well.
it's an unknown about Max ..and i'm totally paranoid about Dwight Powell.

i wouldn;t be surprised if Kidd chose to go very small with a Jones instead of Powell. if Max not available.
Maxi is the backup C for game 4.
DP may not play at all again. (we can all hope).

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Porzingis played 2 games lmao
My man, you are out on an unnecessary limb.
Boston is legit great. They do not need KP and in fact may be better without him.

Playing Dallas small ball style and pushing the ball is the best path to victory for BOS.

KP is a good HELP rim protector. He is long but gets places on defense late and can easily be bodied.
Mavs fans watched a whole lot more of KP including his WAS career than any BOS fan has.
Even his BOS stats tell the story of a guy who is a mediocre rebounder and decent off ball shot blocker. --still under 2 BPG.
He is a good, efficient shot maker but you will pay a price on the boards and in the paint when he is in the game.
If he tries to get help blocks Dallas will simply send his guy to the rim for a dunk.
He isn't racking up blocks of Luka or Kyrie.

WAS KP was the 1st option. He got the role he wanted and played pretty well but of course it wasn't winning basketball.
In BOS as a 3rd or 4th option, he was very good in the regular season when you couldn't get away with mauling people.
Nothing in KP's career has led anyone to believe he wants this type of physical basketball as a 5.

Dallas has been the best paint team in these playoffs by a mile.
BOS should play small and fast and attack in waves.
Try to win games 120-112.

If I were BOS I'd bring KP in as a 6th/7th guy to work into lineup some and then if I needed to make a change to alter the series I'd insert him then.
But I wouldn't fall behind 2-1 or some such just to make one guy happy when I have been rolling people.

Jayinem

Reaction score
Maxi is the backup C for game 4.
DP may not play at all again. (we can all hope).
Latest I'm hearing on twitter is Maxi will decide after shootaround if he will play.

We only need him for about 15 minutes, maybe we can play Powell 6 or 7 minutes, Gafford needs to be around 25 minutes or less

Rather play Powell 0 but it's probably better that we don't try to play Gafford 30 minutes or more he'll be worn out by the end of the game.

If somehow Maxi doesn't play we'll probably lose.

However not that I put a lot of stocks into regular season games, but we did beat the Wolves 1 time before we traded for Gafford, and Lively was injured. Powell started played 28 minutes and we won. So it's not impossible, but improbable.

https://www.espn.com/nba/boxscore/_/gameId/401585129

Last edited:

Jayinem

Reaction score
My man, you are out on an unnecessary limb.
Boston is legit great. They do not need KP and in fact may be better without him.

Playing Dallas small ball style and pushing the ball is the best path to victory for BOS.

KP is a good HELP rim protector. He is long but gets places on defense late and can easily be bodied.
Mavs fans watched a whole lot more of KP including his WAS career than any BOS fan has.
Even his BOS stats tell the story of a guy who is a mediocre rebounder and decent off ball shot blocker. --still under 2 BPG.
He is a good, efficient shot maker but you will pay a price on the boards and in the paint when he is in the game.
If he tries to get help blocks Dallas will simply send his guy to the rim for a dunk.
He isn't racking up blocks of Luka or Kyrie.

WAS KP was the 1st option. He got the role he wanted and played pretty well but of course it wasn't winning basketball.
In BOS as a 3rd or 4th option, he was very good in the regular season when you couldn't get away with mauling people.
Nothing in KP's career has led anyone to believe he wants this type of physical basketball as a 5.

Dallas has been the best paint team in these playoffs by a mile.
BOS should play small and fast and attack in waves.
Try to win games 120-112.

If I were BOS I'd bring KP in as a 6th/7th guy to work into lineup some and then if I needed to make a change to alter the series I'd insert him then.
But I wouldn't fall behind 2-1 or some such just to make one guy happy when I have been rolling people.
Exactly, Horford is a better match up for them against Dallas than KP is. KP and Chet have similar play styles and Chet did block quite a few shots in that series, but overall he got cooked, and Chet is younger and not coming off an immediate injury.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Is there a forum we can discuss the Mavs or are Boston fans like many in Northeast going to infiltrate them with their vitriol .

It’s bad enough our Cowboys forum is invaded by hate from opposing fans and trolls now our Mavs thread is as well.

Mavs have a real shot at upsetting the high and mighty C’s.

Dallas_Cowboys50

Reaction score
I'll be honest, I had no expectations for this team this season, proved me wrong! Feels weird it's our 3rd Finals but 1st and finally a different team than Miami lol. Think this one goes 7.