Mavs 24

JonesBoys

Reaction score
Yeah Mavs are cooked I admit it. Celtics got 44 out of their 4th and 5th best players Holiday and White while Kidd insisted on playing guys that barely belong in the NBA Maxi, Josh Green and Dante Exum.

I admit I was wrong about Kyrie I guess him being shook in Boston is a thing he's been bad.

I think all Mavs fans pretty much knew Kyrie needed to be great for Mavs to even have a chance and he's been bad.

I don't see Mavs winning 4 out of 5 against that team when there just isn't enough guys who can step up for Dallas.

Tatum hasn't been good this series either, but he's on a much deeper team that can cover for him. Mavs all season have pretty much been Luka & Kyrie or bust.
Dallas needs to hold court at home. Things can change quickly in a series. Injuries can happy, funky things happen. Game 3 is pretty much the series. If Dallas wins then it wouldn't surprise me if it's 2-2 going back to Boston. I have to say though, as great as a player that Luka is offensively he is equally as bad defensively. Him and Kyrie are two huge liabilities on defense.

Jayinem

Reaction score
Not saying it will flip the series but sorry no excuses if it does. Celtics should have known this is what you get with him he's always injured. It's like a team trading for Kawhi and being mad when he's hurt, no refunds.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I'm well aware of their defense, but nobody can stop Luka and Kyrie and that's not disrespectful to either of them, it's just the truth. The closest anyone got was Lu Dort who's built like he could be on the Cowboys linebacker squad, while Luka was clearly injured, and he still went for 25/11/9. That was the worst series of his career. I was told Jaden McDaniels would stop Luka on the Wolves he's 2nd team all NBA defense, Luka's averaged 33 ppg.

But I feel like Luka/Kyrie and Tatum/Brown will just cancel each other because they're hard to stop as well. Luka and Kyrie are both playing the best defense of their life, but I'm not going to say they'll stop either of them. I think it'll come down to what the 3-8 guys do because all 4 will get theirs.
They’ve stopped Kyrie for sure.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Not saying it will flip the series but sorry no excuses if it does. Celtics should have known this is what you get with him he's always injured. It's like a team trading for Kawhi and being mad when he's hurt, no refunds.

He might still play tomorrow

Id be surprised, but they have him listed as "day to day". Mazzula said its the Dr's call.

Last edited:

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Kyrie stopped himself due to having a mental block playing in Boston, 0-12 since leaving.

Porzingis has never played a game in Dallas since leaving though and now he's hurt again, wondering if that's a coincidence or not. One day before Game 3 is in Dallas.
Boston’s elite defense has more to do with that than Kyrie stopping himself :laugh:

Jayinem

Reaction score
Boston’s elite defense has more to do with that than Kyrie stopping himself :laugh:
0-12 literally winless in nearly 5 years since leaving say that it's more than that. They haven't had this same team those 5 years just Brown and Tatum.

The Wolves were literally the #1 defense in the NBA this season, and Kyrie cooked them so I don't just buy it's the Celtics defense. He's missed too many open shots he usually makes.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
0-12 literally winless in nearly 5 years since leaving say that it's more than that. They haven't had this same team those 5 years just Brown and Tatum.

The Wolves were literally the #1 defense in the NBA this season, and Kyrie cooked them so I don't just buy it's the Celtics defense. He's missed too many open shots he usually makes.
It’s true that he only wants to play hard only when he wants to play hard If that makes sense.

JonesBoys

Reaction score
He might still play tomorrow

Id be surprised, but they have him listed as "day to day". Mazzula said its the Dr's call.
I bet he doesn't play another game or if he does it will be like game 5 and he will get hurt again. Either way the C's can still wrap this up it just would have been easier with a healthy Porzingis.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

Celtits defense and Wolves defense are built differently. Wolves are built to beat Denver. They were better statistically that Boston in the regular season but they dont have the same versatility Boston. If you can neutralize the the effect of Gobert, you can score on Minnesota

Jayinem

Reaction score
Porzingis ruled out for Game 3.

Woj says there's real doubt he plays again in the Finals.

But in no way am I saying that means Mavs are just gonna win it all. Celtics are still very good without him, and they only have to win 2 more games.

Last edited:

triplets_93

Reaction score
The Celtics are the champions, Mavs aren't coming back from this game or this series
Luka is Dak in the Playoffs.

limpeza.gif

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Turn out the lights, the parties over. It was nice to see Luka foul out after all the whining he does after almost every play. Not a Luka or Mavs fan.

quickccc

Reaction score
Celtics are still the best team in the NBA..
By far .. they are easily proving that now. .

Mavs are just simply not in the Celtics' league and level.

Even without Porgz, they handle business on Mavs home court. avoided a major collapse - per 20-2 Mavs run
and managed to foul Luka out, that put a nail in the coffin.

quickccc

Reaction score
- Just imagine what Game 3 would've been ..if Porgz would have played .
It would have been a wipe out, blow out loss at Mavs home. i truly thought Celtics benefited from a weak East Conference.

- But i was so terribly wrong, they are a very well balanced team, they have great ball movement (something we severely do not have)
they can spread the floor because they possess very reliable shooters.
They can shoot both 3 treys from perimeter and attack the rim inside.

- And their defense has been tremendous - Kyrie has been rattled and harassed and all of his shots have been contested from the get go.

- When you have to play utterly useless Tim Hardaway.. and still go with Maxi Cleber, who has displayed zero shooting and
defense and constant turnovers ..your bench help is cooked.