Mavs 24

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
- Just imagine what Game 3 would've been ..if Porgz would have played .
It would have been a wipe out, blow out loss at Mavs home. i truly thought Celtics benefited from a weak East Conference.

- But i was so terribly wrong, they are a very well balanced team, they have great ball movement (something we severely do not have)
they can spread the floor because they possess very reliable shooters.
They can shoot both 3 treys from perimeter and attack the rim inside.

- And their defense has been tremendous - Kyrie has been rattled and harassed and all of his shots have been contested from the get go.

- When you have to play utterly useless Tim Hardaway.. and still go with Maxi Cleber, who has displayed zero shooting and
defense and constant turnovers ..your bench help is cooked.
Could be a benefit long term to the Mavs like dropping the last 3 to the Warriors in 2022 was to Boston. It could what moves they need to make in order to be a true title contender. I dont think they are that far off. And they have the ability to make some moves in the offseason

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
As a native NYer, I inherently despise the Boston teams. Then Mark Cuban came along. Go Celtics!

giphy.webp

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
It would have been a wipe out, blow out loss at Mavs home. i truly thought Celtics benefited from a weak East Conference.

- But i was so terribly wrong, they are a very well balanced team, they have great ball movement (something we severely do not have)

- And their defense has been tremendous - Kyrie has been rattled and harassed and all of his shots have been contested from the get go.

- When you have to play utterly useless Tim Hardaway.. and still go with Maxi Cleber, who has displayed zero shooting and
Mavs tried to turn on the defense towards the end of the year but when you don’t practice it all year long this is what happens. Luka and Kyrie are both horrible defenders even when they try which is rare. Luka spends too much time and energy yapping at the officials.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score

It could be that both things are true, they did benefit from a weak East and they really are that good anyway. They are a well balanced, well coached team, they don't need heroic performances from their stars, everyone contributes and making it look easy. I'm surprised the Mavs haven't put more of a fight though. Before the Finals, it started looking like the Mavs were really coming together as team, but the Celts really picked that apart pretty easily.

Mavs have some work to do and something to build on, but they did seem to overachieve this season and didn't expect them to make it to the Finals. Luka has some work to do, for as brilliant as he is on offense, his defense is a liability and it was evident the way Boston attacked him.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

NBA in general is not strong. A 50 win 4th seed in the finals is a good indicator of that Teams are still trying to build true contenders around young stars. Nuggets were probably Bostons biggest threat, but even they aren't particularly strong.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
It could be that both things are true, they did benefit from a weak East and they really are that good anyway. They are a well balanced, well coached team, they don't need heroic performances from their stars, everyone contributes and making it look easy. I'm surprised the Mavs haven't put more of a fight though. Before the Finals, it started looking like the Mavs were really coming together as team, but the Celts really picked that apart pretty easily.

Mavs have some work to do and something to build on, but they did seem to overachieve this season and didn't expect them to make it to the Finals. Luka has some work to do, for as brilliant as he is on offense, his defense is a liability and it was evident the way Boston attacked him.
Celtics are kind of like the Duncan era Spurs. Not sexy, but efficient on both ends of the court and built to win in their particular era

triplets_93

Reaction score
Question ???

Do the Mavericks have any responsibility to have confetti to drop if the Celtics win the Championship in Dallas???

quickccc

Reaction score

Luka is also still hurting physically. That adds more problems to his already weak defense.

And Celtics are coming after him individually..instead of allowing him to just play free safety as he got away with in the previous western conference series.

quickccc

Reaction score
at the least there will be no Broom Sweep .... morale victory is this one surprising blowout win over Celtics - who seemed just not in it at Dallas.. totally cruise control it and wait to close it in Boston ?

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
The Mavs looked great, they looked focused and upped their intensity. On Defense, they picked up their assignments further out on the floor and made Boston work harder to get into sets and they finally pushed the pace on offense, moved the ball and got clean looks. I guess we'll find out if the Mavs can still make this a series with this new found sense of urgency or if Boston was just wanting to clinch at home.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The Mavs looked great, they looked focused and upped their intensity. On Defense, they picked up their assignments further out on the floor and made Boston work harder to get into sets and they finally pushed the pace on offense, moved the ball and got clean looks. I guess we'll find out if the Mavs can still make this a series with this new found sense of urgency or if Boston was just wanting to clinch at home.
Im a never say never guy. Hell we almost came back down 3-0 to the Heat last year. But this was an outlier game. Bostons 1st shooting was the worst Ive seen it all year and the Mavs were 50%/40%. I just think Boston for a down game

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Im a never say never guy. Hell we almost came back down 3-0 to the Heat last year. But this was an outlier game. Bostons 1st shooting was the worst Ive seen it all year and the Mavs were 50%/40%. I just think Boston for a down game
I think so too, I think Boston was just content taking it back home, but I would at least like to see the Mavs take it to 6 games.

jsb357

Reaction score
yawn... at least the Cowboys have the decency to loose early in the playoffs not to get the fans hopes up...

Luka will be gone by the time Dallas gets back to the finals

Dallas_Cowboys50

Reaction score
yawn... at least the Cowboys have the decency to loose early in the playoffs not to get the fans hopes up...

Nah, I'd take losing in the SB every time vs losing in the Wild Card round or Divisional round for almost 30 years!

I do fear though that Luka will leave, and my dumb butt just bought a jersey recently, smh.

triplets_93

Reaction score

I'm good with that. I've seen all I want see from Luka.
It was a nice run, but GoodBye Luka