Mavs 24

reddyuta

Reaction score
nobody thought Mavs could beat the super team in 2011 either,I think Mavs have a good chance.

Jayinem

Reaction score
nobody thought Mavs could beat the super team in 2011 either,I think Mavs have a good chance.
Yeah this Mavs team is better than only 50 wins anyway really. They got 2 of their 5 starters at the trade deadline only, at the time they were only the 8 seed so they had to win a bunch of games just to crawl up to the 5th seed. Also Kyrie missed 24 games in December/January. I think that next season this team will compete for the #1 seed.

Still won't be easy to win this series though. But they're not as big of an underdog as the records would indicate.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Going to be interesting to see how the Celts handle the Mavs physicality.
Jrue
DW
Brown
Tatum
KP
is a very finesse starting 5 play playoff standards.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
How ya'll feeling Mavs fans? That first half was brutal, still plenty of time and series to turn it around. Porzingas looks like he was ready to play!

Jayinem

Reaction score
Porzingis was great in the first half, I give him props

Wasn't nearly as good in the second half but it didn't matter.

Nobody showed up for the Mavs except Luka.

I also blame Kidd for playing Green too much 0 points in 15 minutes will get you beat, Maxi 2 points 0 rebounds for 19 minutes will also get you beat. Maxi played more than Lively or Gafford.

But on top of all that we aren't going to win very often when Kyrie sucks.

Tatum was not very good and the Celtics won anyway by blowout. I've had Celtics fans telling me all week he's better than Luka, not true, but his team is better than Luka's team.

Mavs have to find a way to play better in Game 2 and steal that game or it's probably over, they're not beating this team 4 out of 5 times.

JonesBoys

Reaction score

I also blame Kidd for playing Green too much 0 points in 15 minutes will get you beat, Maxi 2 points 0 rebounds for 19 minutes will also get you beat. Maxi played more than Lively or Gafford.

Tatum was not very good and the Celtics won anyway by blowout. I've had Celtics fans telling me all week he's better than Luka, not true, but his team is better than Luka's team.

Mavs have to find a way to play better in Game 2 and steal that game or it's probably over, they're not beating this team 4 out of 5 times.
I have been trying to tell you Porzingis makes a difference on this team because he doesn't have to be the focal point. The Mavs had no lob dunks tonight he makes players hesitant near the rim. Kyrie was shook because the crowd gets on him and he has to deal with 4 players that can switch and guard him. Series is not over by a long shot. Game 2 will be closer.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

Im a huge Tatum supporter and he isnt on Luka's tier. If someone is saying he is thats homer talk

Jayinem

Reaction score
How ya'll feeling Mavs fans? That first half was brutal, still plenty of time and series to turn it around. Porzingas looks like he was ready to play!
Well we cut it to 8 but Kyrie thought he was still playing for the Celtics because he stopped all of our progress, couldn't make a lay up dribbled off his foot. He literally got outscored by Jaden Hardy a 2nd year guy off our bench.

He has dropped 39 against the Celtics for the Nets so I'm not going to say he is shook by the crowd or anything, just a bad night. But he has to play better in Game 2 or Celtics probably win it all.

JonesBoys

Reaction score
Jrue
DW
Brown
Tatum
KP
Jrue and Brown can be physical. D White has the most blocks by a guard this year and is second team defense. All 5 Celtics can switch on anyone.

dreghorn2

Original Zoner (he's a good boy!)
Reaction score
Reading some of the hot takes in this thread reinforces the fact that this is a football forum. :)

Jayinem

Reaction score
Mavs have not lost back to back playoff games this playoffs, game 2 is a must win. Celtics win this one its curtains.

Jrue
DW
Brown
Tatum
KP
I think Celtics were able to avoid that because the refs were definitely on their side last night. Some terrible calls made against the Mavs.

Cut it to 8 then Lively got two questionable calls and then two travel calls at least one Lively was fouled multiple times, and then the Celtics go on a 14-0 run and that's the game. Thanks refs.

Jayinem

Reaction score
Reading some of the hot takes in this thread reinforces the fact that this is a football forum. :)
Did you just come here to insult others posts? How is that a great addition to the thread? You've added nothing. I thought the thread topic was the Mavs not critiquing other's posts.

dreghorn2

Original Zoner (he's a good boy!)
Reaction score
Did you just come here to insult others posts? How is that a great addition to the thread? You've added nothing. I thought the thread topic was the Mavs not critiquing other's posts.
Relax Scooby i did not single any posters out.

It's just that a lot of definitive statements about the NBA in this thread obviously were made by casual fans versus knowledgeable basketball guys.

I have no problem with guys stating their opinions, it's what forums are all about, but when they deliver their opinions as fact or the claim is so outrageous to be .. funny, well i just thought i'd mention it.

People make statements like mine on this forum literally every single day on a variety of topics, no need to take it personally.

Jayinem

Reaction score
Relax Scooby i did not single any posters out.

It's just that a lot of definitive statements about the NBA in this thread obviously were made by casual fans versus knowledgeable basketball guys.

I have no problem with guys stating their opinions, it's what forums are all about, but when they deliver their opinions as fact or the claim is so outrageous to be .. funny, well i just thought i'd mention it.

People make statements like mine on this forum literally every single day on a variety of topics, no need to take it personally.
And every time someone does it it's stupid. I consider it trolling really, what exactly are you contributing to the thread topic? Even after this post 0. You haven't said one thing about the Mavs yet. Why would you expect experts on a sports forum?

Most people that post about the Cowboys are casuals too, who cares? You want paragraphs about advanced stats I don't even know what you expect.

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
As a Laker fan I'm no stranger to having to beat Boston in their own backyard in a NBA finals. This is one of the most difficult tasks in all of sports. If Dallas can't win one game in Boston, well then this series is already over.

I hope Dallas wins these finals, but I'm not expecting that to happen.

Jayinem

Reaction score
As a Laker fan I'm no stranger to having to beat Boston in their own backyard in a NBA finals. This is one of the most difficult tasks in all of sports. If Dallas can't win one game in Boston, well then this series is already over.

I hope Dallas wins these finals, but I'm not expecting that to happen.
I agree Mavs have to win tomorrow, they're not beating that team 4 out of 5 games.

quickccc

Reaction score
hopefully Game 2 wins continue as per this playoff trend .. if not there could be a 4-1 or 4-0 sweep series by Boston Celtics ...

we really need Luka healthy enough to be effective and impact....Kyrie to show up big ... better defense ...and some impact support from PJ and Jones .... sad that our bench depth is so weak and must be seriously upgraded in offseason

Jayinem

Reaction score
Yeah Mavs are cooked I admit it. Celtics got 44 out of their 4th and 5th best players Holiday and White while Kidd insisted on playing guys that barely belong in the NBA Maxi, Josh Green and Dante Exum.

I admit I was wrong about Kyrie I guess him being shook in Boston is a thing he's been bad.

I think all Mavs fans pretty much knew Kyrie needed to be great for Mavs to even have a chance and he's been bad.

I don't see Mavs winning 4 out of 5 against that team when there just isn't enough guys who can step up for Dallas.

Tatum hasn't been good this series either, but he's on a much deeper team that can cover for him. Mavs all season have pretty much been Luka & Kyrie or bust.