Mavs vs Thunder in the Western Conference Finals?

Ren

Reaction score
CATCH17;3957558 said:
Assuming we close out the Thunder I still think our bench + 3 7 footers will be too much for the Heat.

It's hard to get points in the paint against Dallas unless we get in foul trouble.

I imagine they would try Lebron on Dirk too.

The most babied player in the NBA is Wade, there will be plenty of fouls :banghead:

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Replay is on right now on nbatv. It's already down to the 3:00 area in regulation.

Repeats again Wednesday (5/25) at 5 pm central time.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Ahhh well. It was a nice run for my Thunder. Looks like its all but over now. Took another step this year though so I'm very pleased.

Stautner

Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;3957728 said:
Ahhh well. It was a nice run for my Thunder. Looks like its all but over now. Took another step this year though so I'm very pleased.

They are a bunch of kids right now, so you have a lot to look forward to as they grow and mature.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Stautner;3957734 said:
They are a bunch of kids right now, so you have a lot to look forward to as they grow and mature.

Yeah that's the most postive thing about this all for me. They're very young. I'm looking forward to seeing how well they can improve, and grow, and mature over the next few years together. Should be a whole lot of excitement for Thunder fans over the coming years.

Hopefully anyway.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;3957743 said:
Yeah that's the most postive thing about this all for me. They're very young. I'm looking forward to seeing how well they can improve, and grow, and mature over the next few years together. Should be a whole lot of excitement for Thunder fans over the coming years.

Hopefully anyway.

True. But you need to learn to enjoy the pounding the Mavs are inflicting on the Thunder in these Western Conference Finals. :D

MC KAos

Reaction score
you know what really grinds my gears? that the finals could be set by thursday, yet they are gonna wait a WEEK to play the first game!! ridonculous!

on a brighter side note (since ill be cheering for the mavs over the heat) thats a good thing for the older mavs players

Khartun

AmarilloCowboyFan
Reaction score
MC KAos;3958065 said:
you know what really grinds my gears? that the finals could be set by thursday, yet they are gonna wait a WEEK to play the first game!! ridonculous!

on a brighter side note (since ill be cheering for the mavs over the heat) thats a good thing for the older mavs players

peter-griffin-grinds-my-gears.jpg

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
MC KAos;3958065 said:

As a Mavs fan, assuming we get by OKC, I like this a lot.

Go Bulls btw. Drag that series out.

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
MC KAos;3958065 said:

Your reverse psychology is not going to work on me. :D

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
MC KAos;3958065 said:

Not me ...... I will be rooting for the Heat.

<---- Hater.

:p:

DFWJC

Reaction score
MC KAos;3958065 said:

If both series go five games than game 1 will be on Tuesday....which is still too long.

I learned a few odd facts about the NBA Finals.
Games are only played on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Sundays. No Friday or Saturday games...ever.

I found that odd. Could it be Sabbath related? Maybe Stern could answer that.

Either way, it seems odd. Even if two home games fall on the Thursday and Sunday (so no travel day in between those days) they still skip Saturday. Yet if there is a travel day between a game on Tuesday and Thursday, for example, they don't seem to mind--even if it was coast to coast.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
DFWJC;3958362 said:
Games are only played on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Sundays. No Friday or Saturday games...ever.

Either way, it seems odd. Even if two home games fall on the Thursday and Sunday (so no travel day in between those days) they still skip Saturday. Yet if there is a travel day between a game on Tuesday and Thursday, for example, they don't seem to mind--even if it was coast to coast.

People go out on Friday and Saturday. They want as many eyes as they can get on the game.

DFWJC

Reaction score
nyc;3958376 said:
People go out on Friday and Saturday. They want as many eyes as they can get on the game.
I didn't know if prime time TV rating were lower on Friday and Saturday or not.
So you are saying they for sure are? If so, that sums it up.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
DFWJC;3958390 said:
I didn't know if prime time TV rating were lower on Friday and Saturday or not.
So you are saying they for sure are? If so, that sums it up.

I believe the prime-time slots on Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays are considered the top slots. (ie, the normal highest viewer count)

MC KAos

Reaction score
zrinkill;3958153 said:
Not me ...... I will be rooting for the Heat.

<---- Hater.

:p:

i really dislike lebron now, full hater mode on him, if he ends his career without a ring it would make me extremely happy!

peplaw06;3958143 said:
Your reverse psychology is not going to work on me. :D

haha, im serious, i dont mind the mavs getting 1 ring, im tired of my cousin always getting depressed when the mavs get outed, plus i really have no choice since i hate lebron.

on a side note, i think we all know, and specially dirk knows, this is probably his last shot at a title. i think he is playing with a sense of urgency, and i just hope the finals play out like the regular season mavs/heat games

DFWJC;3958362 said:
If both series go five games than game 1 will be on Tuesday....which is still too long.

ya its always been that way for a while, on top of that they usually play the games really late. its insanely annoying when games played in texas start at 8 just to cater to the LA area (a huge source of ratings for the NBA). i dont understand why they cant start the sunday games at 6. and they should be starting games in boston or miami at 8 local time, not 9 because they are playing the lakers. what the hell is the point of home court advantage if you start games at 9pm local time?

btw, from what i hear, the finals are starting next thursday no matter what

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
Lebron always tried to give off that "humble" aura, which is easy to do when you're losing in the second round every year. Even when they made the Finals, everybody knew they were going to get swept by the Spurs. Now that he is on a team that can legitimately win the title, he has turned into a cocky jackarse on the court.

MC KAos

Reaction score
zrinkill;3958594 said:
I actually like Lebron more now.

He broke Slate's heart.

:lmao: :lmao2:

:lmao2::lmao2: that is true, but, still, i dont think he deserves to be in the kobe, duncan, magic category just because he joined up with his two buddies to destroy the conference and win lots of titles, that cheap and i hope it backfires on him and doesnt win any.

The30YardSlant;3958629 said:
Lebron always tried to give off that "humble" aura, which is easy to do when you're losing in the second round every year. Even when they made the Finals, everybody knew they were going to get swept by the Spurs. Now that he is on a team that can legitimately win the title, he has turned into a cocky jackarse on the court.

it also bothers me that he took the easy way out. he is like the teenager in the ghetto that sells dope to make money instead of working hard in school to make something of himself.