Mavs vs Thunder in the Western Conference Finals?

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
MC KAos;3958692 said:
it also bothers me that he took the easy way out. he is like the teenager in the ghetto that sells dope to make money instead of working hard in school to make something of himself.

Ironically, he DIDNT take the easiest way out. He could have gone to the Bulls, the team he is about to bounce, and they would be MUCH better than the Heat are now.

Rose
Deng
Lebron
Boozer
Noah

Throw in a bench of Korver, Gibson, Bogans and Brewer and that team might have won 70+ games. And that's assuming they still got Boozer instead of Bosh.

Stautner

Reaction score
MC KAos;3958692 said:
it also bothers me that he took the easy way out. he is like the teenager in the ghetto that sells dope to make money instead of working hard in school to make something of himself.

I don't at all fault him for trying to form a situation that he both enjoys and gives him the best chance for success. Who among us wouldn't do the same in our personal endeavors if we could? Hecertainly could have handled the public part of the situation much (MUCH) better though.

MC KAos

Reaction score
The30YardSlant;3958698 said:
Ironically, he DIDNT take the easiest way out. He could have gone to the Bulls, the team he is about to bounce, and they would be MUCH better than the Heat are now.

Rose
Deng
Lebron
Boozer
Noah

Throw in a bench of Korver, Gibson, Bogans and Brewer and that team might have won 70+ games. And that's assuming they still got Boozer instead of Bosh.

i think if he had known how good Drose would become and how great that team actually turned out to be, he might have done it.

the bulls winning 62 came completely out of left field. I still remember being so disgusted that we lost to them b4 the all start break

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
MC KAos;3958721 said:
i think if he had known how good Drose would become and how great that team actually turned out to be, he might have done it.

the bulls winning 62 came completely out of left field. I still remember being so disgusted that we lost to them b4 the all start break

I'm very thankful it didnt happen. Rose + Deng + James + Boozer/Bosh would have dominated the NBA for the next decade. I honestly think they might have been able to put together a 90s Bulls/60s Celtics type run. The difference between that group and what is in Miami is that Miami doesnt have a great PG and a great fourth option. An elite PG, the best player in the NBA, a great post player and the best #4 scoring option in the league would be unstoppable.

MC KAos

Reaction score
Stautner;3958718 said:
I don't at all fault him for trying to form a situation that he both enjoys and gives him the best chance for success. Who among us wouldn't do the same in our personal endeavors if we could? Hecertainly could have handled the public part of the situation much (MUCH) better though.

athletically, i wouldnt. I dont think Kobe or MJ would do that, Magic has said he wouldnt either. But i think Lebron doesnt have that same killer mentality, so maybe i dont like him because he isnt as mentally tough as i thought he was.

one thing stood out to me a LOT vs the celtics. when he hit one of those long threes, he had this look of disbelief on his face! like "holly crap i cant believe i just hit a clutch shot!" He just isnt wired the same way as the other greats of all time. i doubt most of them team up with other great players before they hit thirty

MC KAos

Reaction score
The30YardSlant;3958724 said:
I'm very thankful it didnt happen. Rose + Deng + James + Boozer/Bosh would have dominated the NBA for the next decade. I honestly think they might have been able to put together a 90s Bulls/60s Celtics type run. The difference between that group and what is in Miami is that Miami doesnt have a great PG and a great fourth option. An elite PG, the best player in the NBA, a great post player and the best #4 scoring option in the league would be unstoppable.

plus think about this, if lebron signs with them, they dont sign boozer, they try to get bosh (prob to no avail, he wanted to be in miami) but might get stoudamire!! (who imo is a much better overall player than bosh). im pretty sure boozer was like plan L

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
MC KAos;3958728 said:
plus think about this, if lebron signs with them, they dont sign boozer, they try to get bosh (prob to no avail, he wanted to be in miami) but might get stoudamire!! (who imo is a much better overall player than bosh). im pretty sure boozer was like plan L

There would have been no point in playing the games honestly

Stautner

Reaction score
MC KAos;3958725 said:
athletically, i wouldnt. I dont think Kobe or MJ would do that, Magic has said he wouldnt either. But i think Lebron doesnt have that same killer mentality, so maybe i dont like him because he isnt as mentally tough as i thought he was.

one thing stood out to me a LOT vs the celtics. when he hit one of those long threes, he had this look of disbelief on his face! like "holly crap i cant believe i just hit a clutch shot!" He just isnt wired the same way as the other greats of all time. i doubt most of them team up with other great players before they hit thirty

Athletically you wouldn't what?

MC KAos

Reaction score
Stautner;3958758 said:
Athletically you wouldn't what?

i mean like, yes we all look for better situations, work, place to live, school, etc.

but if we are talking about sports, if im one of the best players (for instance, when i play pick up basketball) i want to be going up against the best, not be on the same team and destroy everyone, thats just lame

Stautner

Reaction score
MC KAos;3958780 said:
i mean like, yes we all look for better situations, work, place to live, school, etc.

but if we are talking about sports, if im one of the best players (for instance, when i play pick up basketball) i want to be going up against the best, not be on the same team and destroy everyone, thats just lame

I disagree with that completely. We are all looking to be the most successful we can be in whatever our occupation is, and we are all competing in whatever field we are in. If you want to be the best stock broker you go to the top brokerage house who can provide you with all the resources you need to be the best, not the mom and pop shop down the street. Same applies to sports - you have to either have the resources in place around you to be successfual, or you have to believe those in charge are going to provide those resources. If yuo don't believe that, then you need to find someplace that will

Reaching goals isn't about having an underdog complex or stubbornly believing it's not worth it unless I can do it on your own. Having success is a combination of talent, hard work and putting yourself in the best possible situation.

What you are talking about is level's of gratification. Sure it would probably have brought a great sense of gratification for LeBron to win it all in Cleveland, but if he became convinced the odds of that happening in Cleveland were slim to none, why not improve his situation? What sense of gratification to you have if you are a top player on the Cleveland Browns or Sacremento Kings or Kansas City Royals who never ever compete for the championship?

After all, teams use free agency all the time to dump players and chase the ones that are going to better help them reach their goals. It's a two way street - why shouldn't players likewise use free agency to move on to another team that will better help them reach their goals?

It's easy for Kobe, Jordan and Magic to talk - they were all clearly in places that gave them a great chance to win. Kobe started with Shaq as a teammate. Magic had Kareem, Worthy, Nixon etc. Jordan had to go a little further, but he was in the playoffs from his very first year and he progressed consistently in hi early years - playoffs then conference semi-finals then conference finals then a string of championships.

Mrdude108

Corleone
Reaction score
WHEN the Mavs win tonight, it sounds like a lot of people will head out to the AA center to celebrate. I'll be there if it happens, sounds awesome.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
I simply do not understand why Stevenson continues to get so many minutes. Brewer is just as good a defender but doesnt have the urge to jack it up every time he touches the ball.

Ren

Reaction score
Mavs playing very poorly today yet they're only down 2, very fortunate imo

MC KAos

Reaction score
The mavs will make a sick run towards the middle of the fourth and put it away

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
I'm convinced that Russell Westbrook has a basketball IQ of -12. That was one of the most idiotic things I've ever seen a player do, given the situation.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
MC KAos;3959005 said:

Westbrook is about to go into full-blown Marbury mode. You can tell he is frustrated and is going to try and be the hero because he's an idiot.

Ren

Reaction score
MC KAos;3959005 said:

I don't see it happening tonight unless Dirk does it, mavs are playing terrible today