Mavs vs Thunder in the Western Conference Finals?

MC KAos

Reaction score
Glad I missed that game! Looks like I'll have cheer for the mavs in the finals since it's prob gonna be heat/mavs :ralph: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke:

At least it isn't lakers/heat. Plus dirk deserves a ring

MC KAos

Reaction score
windward;3957210 said:
I think we got this .

This series is over, I think the thunder will learn, prob get HCA and win the west next year though

MonsterD

Quota outta absentia
Reaction score
OKC just got devastated,no way they come back from this. Dallas in the Finals again.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
MC KAos;3957213 said:
This series is over, I think the thunder will learn, prob get HCA and win the west next year though

Not if Westbrook doesnt get A LOT better. OKC dominated every statistical category but Westbrook kept Dallas in the game with awful shots and bad turnovers, and then Dirk just took over at the end. No team in NBA history had ever won a game when getting outrebounded by 22 before tonight.

Westbrook is the love child or Steve Francis and Stephon Marbury.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Unbelievable.

Im a terrible fan. I walked away from the game with about 5 minutes left to get ready for bed. Came back and we're down 3.

Wow. Can't believe it.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
CATCH17;3957217 said:
Unbelievable.

Im a terrible fan. I walked away from the game with about 5 minutes left to get ready for bed. Came back and we're down 3.

Wow. Can't believe it.

You missed one of the greatest 4 minute offensive outbursts in playoff history lol ;)

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
Nowitzki Jump Shot: Made (29 PTS) 03:15
[DAL 91-99]

03:14 Team Timeout : Regular
02:50 Durant 3pt Shot: Missed
02:49 Collison Rebound (Off:6 Def:1)
02:33
[OKC 101-91] Westbrook Pullup Jump shot: Made (19 PTS)
Nowitzki 3pt Shot: Made (32 PTS) Assist: Kidd (7 AST) 02:22
[DAL 94-101]

Terry Foul : Personal (4 PF) 02:11
02:11 Westbrook Free Throw 1 of 2 Missed
02:11 Team Rebound
02:11 Westbrook Free Throw 2 of 2 Missed
Marion Rebound (Off:0 Def:3) 02:10
Nowitzki Jump Shot: Made (34 PTS) 02:01
[DAL 96-101]

01:38 Westbrook Jump Shot: Missed
Terry Rebound (Off:1 Def:3) 01:36
Nowitzki Fade Away Jumper Shot: Made (36 PTS) 01:26
[DAL 98-101]
01:08 Durant Turnover : Lost Ball (8 TO) Steal:Marion (4 ST)
Terry Layup Shot: Missed Block: Sefolosha (1 BLK) 01:04
01:02 Sefolosha Rebound (Off:1 Def:3)
00:40.9 Westbrook Jump Shot: Missed
Team Rebound 00:39.5
00:39.5 Westbrook Foul : Loose Ball (4 PF)
Marion Free Throw 1 of 2 (7 PTS) 00:39.5
[DAL 99-101]
Marion Free Throw 2 of 2 Missed 00:39.5
00:38.6 Durant Rebound (Off:3 Def:11)
00:38.6 Team Timeout : Regular
00:20.9 Sefolosha 3pt Shot: Missed
Terry Rebound (Off:1 Def:4) 00:18.9
00:06.4 Collison Foul : Personal (4 PF)
Nowitzki Free Throw 1 of 2 (37 PTS) 00:06.4
[DAL 100-101]
Nowitzki Free Throw 2 of 2 (38 PTS) 00:06.4
[DAL 101-101]

dillinger319

Striped Leopard
Reaction score
I got in late from work , turned the game on with 4:32 and they came back... Thanks to me.. yep... thats what I told my wife...:laugh1: Great game....

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
The30YardSlant;3957219 said:
You missed one of the greatest 4 minute offensive outbursts in playoff history lol ;)

I kept saying to myself throughout the game that " it just wasn't our day"

And then Dirk went off.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
windward;3957225 said:
I kept saying to myself throughout the game that " it just wasn't our day"

And then Dirk went off.

It makes you wonder what it is about great players that allows them to just turn it on like that. Collison was tackling him by games end and it didnt matter.

MC KAos

Reaction score
The30YardSlant;3957216 said:
Not if Westbrook doesnt get A LOT better. OKC dominated every statistical category but Westbrook kept Dallas in the game with awful shots and bad turnovers, and then Dirk just took over at the end. No team in NBA history had ever won a game when getting outrebounded by 22 before tonight.

Westbrook is the love child or Steve Francis and Stephon Marbury.

:lmao2:

You are 100% right, he is at a huge crossroads in his career this summer. He has three choices.

1) continue to regress into marbury, become selfish and get run out of town

2) work very hard to improve at the most essential point guard skills

3) face facts, talk to the organization about moving him back to his natural position (sg) and have them start maynard or acquire a different pg

From experience of watching Tony Parker struggle with it, I would strongly suggest they gi with option 3.

baj1dallas

Reaction score
MC KAos;3957230 said:

You are 100% right, he is at a huge crossroads in his career this summer. He has three choices.

3) face facts, talk to the organization about moving him back to his natural position (sg) and have them start maynard or acquire a different pg

From experience of watching Tony Parker struggle with it, I would strongly suggest they gi with option 3.

I think that's a little harsh, he can develop into a PG given time. Durant will become better as a distributor as well. I don't think you can put this loss completely on Westbrook.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
dillinger319;3957224 said:
I got in late from work , turned the game on with 4:32 and they came back... Thanks to me.. yep... thats what I told my wife...:laugh1: Great game....
Don't miss any more Mavs games this year. :chop:

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
MC KAos;3957230 said:

The issue with Westbrook is that he is talented enough to be a great scorer in this league but he is NOT as talented as he thinks he is. The guy has issues finishing when he gets to the hoop, is an average passer for a PG and doesnt seem to realize that Durant is a better player than he is.

MC KAos

Reaction score
baj1dallas;3957231 said:
I think that's a little harsh, he can develop into a PG given time. Durant will become better as a distributor as well. I don't think you can put this loss completely on Westbrook.

maybe, but its been 10 years for parker and he isnt much more than a scoring/slashing pg, It would be a HUGE problem for us if manu wasnt a playmaker, but if you go back and look at the spurs playoff runs before 07 parker was ALWAYS on the bench in crunch time, because he doesnt have the natural PG skills (passing, vision, intelligence to know where players will be, etc) and westbrook is the same way IMO. he could develop into a good PG, but he could be a GREAT SG. he is more than tall enough (at least as tall as Dwade, and more athletic) all he needs to work on is his mid range and 3 point shooting. he cant learn better court vision, natural passing ability and will be hard pressed to increase his basketball IQ to the level they need to be able to better utilize kevin durant. D rose is almost in that category too, thats why i think darren williams is still the best PG in the league (i have him over CP3 because he dominates CP3 head to head and he is a better 1 on 1 defender, plus he can post up smaller PGs)

The30YardSlant;3957237 said:
The issue with Westbrook is that he is talented enough to be a great scorer in this league but he is NOT as talented as he thinks he is. The guy has issues finishing when he gets to the hoop, is an average passer for a PG and doesnt seem to realize that Durant is a better player than he is.

and thats why i think he should move to SG. He was a SG all his life until he got to the NBA. it would be a lot easier for him to become a great SG and a great PG

DFWJC

Reaction score
CATCH17;3957217 said:
Unbelievable.

Wow. Can't believe it.
Please tell me you had it on DVR, Catch!

This team finally knows how to clamp down on D. Marion was pretty amazing in the 4th (on D) and, of course, Dirk was outerwordly. They were draped all over him and he was just knocking 'em down, going to the hole, hitting 3s, and getting to the line.

jimmy40

Reaction score
The30YardSlant;3957172 said:
Sorry, that doesnt hold up over 15 years worth of data
so your saying the stats prove the refs cheated for the team trailing in the series? that's BS and you know it.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
The Thunder and Westbrook are young. Give them time, they are going to be a very good time for a long time to come. If you've been a Mavs fan for at least the last ten years, you know the Mavs have been where the Thunder are today.

Dirk was always a great player in the NBA, but he is definitely taking steps today that can immortalize him in NBA history like so many other NBA all-time greats.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
DFWJC;3957250 said:
Please tell me you had it on DVR, Catch!

This team finally knows how to clamp down on D. Marion was pretty amazing in the 4th (on D) and, of course, Dirk was outerwordly. They were draped all over him and he was just knocking 'em down, going to the hole, hitting 3s, and getting to the line.

I don't :(. I missed it man.

Thats what I get for being a bad fan. Hopefully someone will stream it on youtube.