Twitter: Maybe some Gregory/Thomas/Ryan news today?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Just a guess on my part, but I think the Jones boys have been working on a deal with Earl Thomas and his agent. One that pays him roster bonuses rather than any guarantees and that allows McCarthy to cut him if he acts up. I think those are the reassurances the coach and staff need so they can feel comfortable with his potential addition.

Kolemmitt

Reaction score
Just a guess on my part, but I think the Jones boys have been working on a deal with Earl Thomas and his agent. One that pays him roster bonuses rather than any guarantees and that allows McCarthy to cut him if he acts up. I think those are the reassurances the coach and staff need so they can feel comfortable with his potential addition.

That would be ideal. I hope you are right.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score

Gregory or Earl Thomas added to the team is great news either way.

MarcusRock

Reaction score

Or MM got leaned on and was told, "make it work, fatty."

Reaction score

It makes too much sense. You don’t go from offering a first rounder for the guy, who by all metrics played well in BAL in 2019, to having no interest in him just because he had some locker room issues in BAL/cheating on his wife. We still have a need there

lkelly

Reaction score
I agree. That sounds like a likely scenario so both sides of the building get what they want.

Of course the Derwin James injury might make the price go up a little if there's suddenly interest from the west coast.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Calling all tweeters -- be on the lookout for Jane Slater and her potential tweets!!:thumbup:
I suppose Bryan Broaddus could spill the beans but doesn't wanna upstage her? :huh:

quickccc

Reaction score
Gregory or Earl Thomas added to the team is great news either way.

i'm not getting my hopes up for Gregory, ..seems Goodell could have expedited his reinstatement far earlier instead camp is almost over and reg season is right near says he is determined to seat Randy out this year .imo.

Earl ? it would have to be agreement and terms reached ...but i'm betting against it per McCarthy.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
i'm not getting my hopes up for Gregory, ..seems Goodell could have expedited his reinstatement far earlier instead camp is almost over and reg season is right near says he is determined to seat Randy out this year .imo.

Earl ? it would have to be agreement and terms reached ...but i'm betting against it per McCarthy.

We just need Gregory on the team.. We can knock the rust off of him during the season and there is no rush for him to see playing time.

Earl Thomas just instantly makes us a much better football team and puts a bigtime player on a bigtime stage with something to prove.