Twitter: Maybe some Gregory/Thomas/Ryan news today?

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
giphy.gif

Cowboys22

Reaction score
Just a guess on my part, but I think the Jones boys have been working on a deal with Earl Thomas and his agent. One that pays him roster bonuses rather than any guarantees and that allows McCarthy to cut him if he acts up. I think those are the reassurances the coach and staff need so they can feel comfortable with his potential addition.

the fact that they have been so silent about it tells me they are working on it. Woods getting hurt might have brought the naysayers the the other side. Stephen basically told us they now prefer to work in silence. That and the fact that no other team appears interested point to it getting done soon.

Sydla

Reaction score
Hey guys, make sure you check out Slater, she's gonna have some big news today.................................. on something NOBODY GIVES TWO CRAPS ABOUT.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Just a guess on my part, but I think the Jones boys have been working on a deal with Earl Thomas and his agent. One that pays him roster bonuses rather than any guarantees and that allows McCarthy to cut him if he acts up. I think those are the reassurances the coach and staff need so they can feel comfortable with his potential addition.

Ideal contract. 1 year, all game checks. He's looking to play well for next year's contract.

If no one signs him before the season starts, his base salary won't be guaranteed anyway.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
i'm not getting my hopes up for Gregory, ..seems Goodell could have expedited his reinstatement far earlier instead camp is almost over and reg season is right near says he is determined to seat Randy out this year .imo.
I'm not a fan of the Gregory partial seasons anyway. He has to spend half the year getting in shape for football, but still gets a full accrued season.

With Aldon and Griffen both looking good, and maybe Anae too, I'd rather Gregory just come back next year when Aldon and Griffen leave.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ideal contract. 1 year, all game checks. He's looking to play well for next year's contract.

If no one signs him before the season starts, his base salary won't be guaranteed anyway.

I'm wondering I feel that isn't someone's plan, to sign him after week one so that nothing is guaranteed?

It has to be a shock to him and his agent at just how little attention he's getting since his release.

Reality check.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score

welp. That was way overhyped by Broaddus.

I keep telling you guys, Randy Gregory isn't getting his reinstatement until he completes EVERY requirement of his treatment plan AND it's signed off by a certified professional. It's kinda like a defendant having a list probation guideline he has to follow to avoid jail. Notice she says a timeline now maybe mid-September which is different from his tweets about a month ago. If what she's saying is true, it tells me someone finally convinced him he's NOT getting back in until he completes EVERY guideline/requirement set by the league for HIS reinstatement. In other words, don't worry about how Tom, Dick or Harry is back in and you're not (lol).

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I'm wondering I feel that isn't someone's plan, to sign him after week one so that nothing is guaranteed?

It has to be a shock to him and his agent at just how little attention he's getting since his release.

Reality check.

This is what I'm thinking.....but it's truly telling that the Chargers just lost their safety for the year and Lynn says they are not interested although his former Seahawk coach is on their staff. Noticed 2-3 players trying to vouch for him yesterday on twitter. The question now is where the Cowboys fit coz unlike several other teams, they refuse to close the door. Of course, we have no idea but it makes me wonder if Stephen has put a low-ball take it or leave offer out there and he's waiting for something better.